Non - Labour Party

Appreciate this a tangent but I'd love to see a balanced article that evaluates her stance as I've only ever seen mockery that doesn't take her seriously and spurious evidence that she was correct.

On the topic of the "deep state", with the exception of Covid, as far back as I can remember, I subjectively only see politicians (of all persuasions) just reacting to current affairs and attempting to frame favourably.

Truss for example wanted to make far less changes than Corbyn did and it seemed the world around her just crushed her.

I expect I'll only get tit for tat quips in response if anything but it isn't a Labour/Tory/Other/Left/Right thing, it's more about how much power a government actually has to change things.
Its the tension between short term policies and actions designed to get re elected and long term strategic policies that are best for the country.

The political parties favour short term, the unelected Lords and the Civil Service provide the checks and balances for longer term planning.

The influence of unelected lobbyists supports the short term option.

I was never comfortable with the idea that a bunch of faceless bankers could just overrule a government and effectively alter government policy.

Those who were cock-a-hoop about these events just because they don't like Tories might want to consider what might happen if a progressive left PM wanted to redistribute wealth away from the people who run the money markets.
There is a duty on MPs to support polices that are good for the country and oppose those that risk harming the country.

The removal from office of a PM who was not fit to hold the position was welcomed across the political divide.

There is a duty on MPs to support polices that are good for the country and oppose those that risk harming the country.

The removal from office of a PM who was not fit to hold the position was welcomed across the political divide.

Who's to say what's good for the country? For all her faults Truss had a legitimate plan to cut taxes and boost growth - the markets said no. What if we vote in someone who wants to boost government expenditure and the markets don't like that? Would you celebrate that too?

Despite an overall predicted Tory slump, Liz Truss remains “determined” to keep her seat as MP for South West Norfolk.

With a general election coming up later this year, a new poll has suggested that the Conservatives’ grip on Norfolk teeters in the balance.

However, the former Prime Minister has said that the next general election will be “tough”, but that she wants to “continue to deliver for people locally”.

But why would anyone listen to you?
You support open borders and are talking about gated communities to hide in.
People follow courage they don't follow rat behavior like yours.

Who's to say what's good for the country? For all her faults Truss had a legitimate plan to cut taxes and boost growth - the markets said no. What if we vote in someone who wants to boost government expenditure and the markets don't like that? Would you celebrate that too?
She didn't have a legitimate plan, she tried to cut tax without the fiscal headroom to do it and the markets reacted. She champions the free market so more fool her that she ignored the warnings just to try and get political gain.

Interesting shes now complaining about the "deep state" yet happy to be a stoge of tufton st think-tanks who won't tell anyone who their backers are.

She didn't have a legitimate plan, she tried to cut tax without the fiscal headroom to do it and the markets reacted. She champions the free market so more fool her that she ignored the warnings just to try and get political gain.

Interesting shes now complaining about the "deep state" yet happy to be a stoge of tufton st think-tanks who won't tell anyone who their backers are.

So you and the markets say. My point is is that you can just as easily say that there isn't enough fiscal headroom for a more left-wing expenditure led attempt to boost the economy whilst sorting out public services. What if we vote for this and the markets say no? Are we all going to bow down to their superior judgement then and laugh at the person who suggested it? I don't think I will tbh.

So you and the markets say. My point is is that you can just as easily say that there isn't enough fiscal headroom for a more left-wing expenditure led attempt to boost the economy whilst sorting out public services. What if we vote for this and the markets say no? Are we all going to bow down to their superior judgement then and laugh at the person who suggested it? I don't think I will tbh.
I hear what you say but the thing to bear in mind Truss didn't win approval for her approach in a GE and so didn't receive the scrutiny an election would bring. If a party proposed higher spending higher taxes they would be challenged to say how it would work to get elected. Corbyn got rejected twice remember!

I hear what you say but the thing to bear in mind Truss didn't win approval for her approach in a GE and so didn't receive the scrutiny an election would bring. If a party proposed higher spending higher taxes they would be challenged to say how it would work to get elected. Corbyn got rejected twice remember!

Well maybe not but it's not like the electorate run numbers through proper financial scrutiny before they make their decision. Tbf though the filter elections go through is the media, who have the power to smear anyone they, or the markets, don't like so perhaps there is a level of market approval in any general election winner.

It's a depressing thought because there evidence that left-wing economic policy is actually very popular (and, in fairness, conservative social policy) but whether anyone could win an election with these policies is another matter - the powers that be will do everything they can to get rid of people they don't like. One of the very few areas that Corbyn and Trump have in common is the uphill battle they both have with traditional media.

Anyway you won't find me jumping for joy that Truss got booted out by people other than the electorate. It is not a good thing.

Well maybe not but it's not like the electorate run numbers through proper financial scrutiny before they make their decision. Tbf though the filter elections go through is the media, who have the power to smear anyone they, or the markets, don't like so perhaps there is a level of market approval in any general election winner.

It's a depressing thought because there evidence that left-wing economic policy is actually very popular (and, in fairness, conservative social policy) but whether anyone could win an election with these policies is another matter - the powers that be will do everything they can to get rid of people they don't like. One of the very few areas that Corbyn and Trump have in common is the uphill battle they both have with traditional media.

Anyway you won't find me jumping for joy that Truss got booted out by people other than the electorate. It is not a good thing.
If Truss had been put there by the electorate I'd be much more concerned because her ideas would have been scrutinized by the media but she didn't. A tiny partisan membership put her in position after she promised the moon based on ideas of un-transparent think tanks. Made a pigs ear of it , the money markets duly reacted and her colleagues booted her out. I'm not particularly concerned.

If Truss had been put there by the electorate I'd be much more concerned because her ideas would have been scrutinized by the media but she didn't. A tiny partisan membership put her in position after she promised the moon based on ideas of un-transparent think tanks. Made a pigs ear of it , the money markets duly reacted and her colleagues booted her out. I'm not particularly concerned.

Yeah I certainly won't lose any sleep over her in particular. That said I'm not sure the media filter that surrounds elections is particularly set up to ensure the best outcomes for the people. The money men booted her out and they pretty much decide on the popularity of election candidates too.

The enemy within are the scapegoat

Not for the first time Truss, whose premiership lasted only 50 days, sought to portray herself as the victim of bureaucratic forces. “I ran for office in 2022 because Britain wasn’t growing, the state wasn’t delivering, [and] we needed to do more,” she said. “I wanted to cut taxes, reduce the administrative state, take back control as people talked about in the Brexit referendum. What I did face was a huge establishment backlash and a lot of it actually came from the state itself.”
She continued: “What has happened in Britain over the past 30 years is power that used to be in the hands of politicians has been moved to quangos and bureaucrats and lawyers so what you find is a democratically elected government actually unable to enact policies.”

Truss was interrupted and asked to explain the meaning of “quango”. She replied: “A quango is a quasi non-governmental organisation. In America you call it the administrative state or the deep state. But we have more than 500 of these quangos in Britain and they run everything.”

She went on to list the Environment Agency, Office for Budget Responsibility, Bank of England and Judicial Appointments Commission. “There’s a whole bunch of people – and I describe them as the economic establishment – who fundamentally don’t want the status quo to change because they’re doing quite fine out of it. They don’t really care about the prospects of the average person in Britain and they didn’t want things to change and they didn’t want that power taken away.”

With Parliament in session shouldn’t she be representing her constituents and not be over in the US?

With Parliament in session shouldn’t she be representing her constituents and not be over in the US?
She should be, rather than trying to reinvent herself. Having said that, much of her focus over the last two or three years has been away from her constituency, so it’s probably nothing new for them.

An MP who represents their constituents. That would be novel. Most of them are more concerned about how they look in the media and how attractive they are to big business

How de we stop the problem of rising crime? Build more prisons. Sometimes I truly despair.

Just stop letting them all in, just admit it's wrong and it's not benefiting the natives of Europe. I think people should be locally effected by the big dividing policies they vote for as a voting constituent when it comes to immigration as that would see an end to pro immigration and social media posturing.

Some civilizations are just better than everyone else - The Romans and Egyptians were better than everyone else.
And The West was better than everyone else for hundreds of years until recently.

Interviewed by Bannon after her speech, she also said she was willing to work with Nigel Farage to change the Conservative Party.

And she suggested the former Donald Trump adviser, who is facing fraud charges in New York, could “come over to Britain and sort out Britain”.

In his letter to Sunak, Ashworth wrote: “For a senior politician to engage in spreading such blatant conspiracy theories is incredibly damaging to our democracy, our institutions and social cohesion.”

It doesn't but it might make you realise what a lucky sod you are instead of continually playing the perennial victim on here.

The One Nation conservative party is struggling for support

Elected member slags of England

;