Non - Lee Johnson

Was that 04/05 when we beat them 2-0? Despite everything that has happened since, that was easily one of our best ever away performances.
I think it was a different game. The Neil Moss game might even have been a cup game.

You are right the 2-0 was a fabulous away performance with Gareth O’Connor running the show. We certainly didn’t need to rely on goalkeeping heroics to win that one

I would find it very hard to live with if he went there, and did what he has done for us.........anyway he's not going anywhere. ...:bow:

Think Howe to Bristol City might be a possibility?...he is being mentioned on local news along with Dean Smith from Villa...

The owner's pretty well minted.
I think Lansdown is in a different league than Max. They did things differently than us ,as in get the ground up to Premier league standard and then push for promotion. Hence sacking Johnson, they expected to be promoted this season.

It may well be a good option for him, academy and stadium to match club and obviously a club on the up. You could have said that about us a few of years ago.

I prefer Eddie to have a decent rest rather than go straight into a new role. He needs to go to a club that builds a squad rather than a selling club. Hard for Lee Johnson when his players keep being sold. It maybe that he wants to work with Benik again though?

If we stay up, Eddie wouldn't want to leave.

If we get relegated, Eddie's professional pride wouldn't allow him to leave us after such a poor season. So he would also stay and try to repair the damage to his reputation.

The only way Eddie goes there is if our board were to sack him. Then it would probably be a very good option for him.

I prefer Eddie to have a decent rest rather than go straight into a new role. He needs to go to a club that builds a squad rather than a selling club. Hard for Lee Johnson when his players keep being sold. It maybe that he wants to work with Benik again though?
Yes I agree he might feel he needs a rest but hasn't he just had one? It's amazing how much managers miss it, look at Warnock. I believe a lot of him staying would be what the clubs got planned for the future, if the club aren't going to finish the first phaze of the academy for example, would he even want to stay. I don't think he should be sacked but I'm beginning to think that it would be good for both parties if he were to go, he's just become too stubborn for me.

If we stay up, Eddie wouldn't want to leave.

If we get relegated, Eddie's professional pride wouldn't allow him to leave us after such a poor season. So he would also stay and try to repair the damage to his reputation.

The only way Eddie goes there is if our board were to sack him. Then it would probably be a very good option for him.

I think Eddie might walk if he keeps us up.

That's a bloody good point. We are all speculating that if we drop down he may walk but he may be as pissed off as some of us, especially if the training pitches look like they are going to stall. Without them I don't think that he'll see us as having any type of future.

He should have gone two seasons ago. What's the motivation to stay on and tread water until one day it goes wrong?

Does it ever work for a manager long term at one club when you've not got a chance of winning anything?

He should have gone two seasons ago. What's the motivation to stay on and tread water until one day it goes wrong?

Does it ever work for a manager long term at one club when you've not got a chance of winning anything?
I suppose that he may consider nurturing youth players into Premier league players as success. Lots of commentators are now kicking him whilst he is down and are telling all who want to listen that he is crap in the transfer market and that he can only work with players from the lower leagues as though this is a sin. It's the old argument of " he's never played at this level , he can't coach at this level " which we all know is bullshit .If the rumours are true that he wanted the training pitches above all else then it could become a tipping point.

We had the chance of winning cups, but we didn't take that seriously. Which reminds me that people say a good cup run jeapordises Premier League safety.

Hmmm...

We had the chance of winning cups, but we didn't take that seriously. Which reminds me that people say a good cup run jeapordises Premier League safety.

Hmmm...
Was he told to just concentrate on staying in the league by Max as that’s where the money is ? Rather than trying for some silverware?
As boring as that becomes plenty of managers are probably in the same boat - Sam Allardyce always says that he was told to do that and nothing else ....
We certainly put out half arsed teams in the cup , especially the FA Cup ..

Was he told to just concentrate on staying in the league by Max as that’s where the money is ? Rather than trying for some silverware?
As boring as that becomes plenty of managers are probably in the same boat - Sam Allardyce always says that he was told to do that and nothing else ....
We certainly put out half arsed teams in the cup , especially the FA Cup ..
That would be like red rag to a bull for Eddie, I don't think Max has ever had any influence on team selection when he's been the manager.

That would be like red rag to a bull for Eddie, I don't think Max has ever had any influence on team selection when he's been the manager.
Therein maybe lies part of the problem. Has Eddie had anyone that he would listen to who could tell him to get his head out of his **************** and take a different direction. If it's true that he runs the club from top to bottom it's a heavy load to bear for a relatively young man. If Max and Jeff have had the attitude of "don't question or upset Eddie ", they may have created their own monster.

;