Non - Lee Johnson

That would be like red rag to a bull for Eddie, I don't think Max has ever had any influence on team selection when he's been the manager.

Not sure about that. He can red rag what he likes but Max runs the show. Don't forget Mrs Max and the infamous half time talk.

Eddie and the board would have met at the start of the season and worked out their priorities. The priority appears to be PL football / consolidation and has been year on year. Eddies cup selections would have been based on keeping PL status which in turn would have been based on the boards priorities. So you could argue Max does actually influence things, as he should bearing in mind its the family jewels at stake.

Therein maybe lies part of the problem. Has Eddie had anyone that he would listen to who could tell him to get his head out of his **************** and take a different direction. If it's true that he runs the club from top to bottom it's a heavy load to bear for a relatively young man. If Max and Jeff have had the attitude of "don't question or upset Eddie ", they may have created their own monster.

Yeah, a monster that's made him **************** loads of cash.

Not sure about that. He can red rag what he likes but Max runs the show. Don't forget Mrs Max and the infamous half time talk.

Eddie and the board would have met at the start of the season and worked out their priorities. The priority appears to be PL football / consolidation and has been year on year. Eddies cup selections would have been based on keeping PL status which in turn would have been based on the boards priorities. So you could argue Max does actually influence things, as he should bearing in mind its the family jewels at stake.
Yes, Eddie knew it was the most important thing to keep the team in the Premier league, that goes without saying and you'd like to think that he himself wouldn't of compromised on that.

And wasn't Bradbury in charge for that ht team talk?

Yes, Eddie knew it was the most important thing to keep the team in the Premier league, that goes without saying and you'd like to think that he himself wouldn't of compromised on that.

....and he would say the teams he picked vs millwall, Wigan and the like were good enough to win. Same at Burton.

The thread starts with Lee Johnson do we really want someone else's failure if, and if, Eddie decides to leave. Accepting the managerial merry go round surely we should set our vision higher. Only if Eddie decides to leave.

The thread starts with Lee Johnson do we really want someone else's failure if, and if, Eddie decides to leave. Accepting the managerial merry go round surely we should set our vision higher. Only if Eddie decides to leave.
As with certain players, different people are better fits at some clubs than others. Sometimes perceived failure at one club isn't down to one individual.

If Eddie became available, I’m sure several clubs would be interested in speaking to ‘our failure’. I think Lee Johnson’s record is sufficient for us to at least speak with him to see what sort of vision he might have for our club.

And wasn't Bradbury in charge for that ht team talk?

Indeed but it was simply an example that I don't think for a minute anyone at the club gets it all their own way (unless Mitchell dragged her down there which may have happened. Max probably too pissed.)

Wilshere and Defoe signings I reckon undermined Eddie as well as I don't think he wanted them.

If Eddie really wanted to win the cup and had total control over club priorities why didn't he go for it ?

That would be like red rag to a bull for Eddie, I don't think Max has ever had any influence on team selection when he's been the manager.
You’re probably right chap , I wouldn’t think Eddie would want that too ...
It is strange though that the club have been pretty dismissive of the cups and never seem that bothered when we get knocked ...

I saw today Lee Johnson being linked with Burnley if Dyche leaves.....also Paul Cook and Mark Hugh's :eek!:

Personally, if Eddie left,I'd like to see us go for Cowley. Don't know if he would see us as a step up from Huddersfield though. Also it would probably cost us serious money to buy out his contract. If you want a successful manager you have to pay big. We will probably have no alternative but to promote from within. Purchy or Alan Connell anybody ?

;