Non - Liz Truss

I think the general British Culture is going to rapidly accelerate at some forthcoming Tipping Point into something quite different ..jettisoning the rampant 'Cad and Bounderism' of the Far Right over the port side and the Abject Lunacy of the Far Left over starboard....it has to happen...and at the same time Celeb Culture to wither and die at the foot of its mast after a damn good flogging ..as we sail further into the 21st Century....Normal Folk leading the way assuming said normal folk can 'identify up' from somewheres, from the bilges of insanity, as a force for Good Ideas !
And I don't mean Woke or PC..or any other of numerous insipid sects currently in vogue..they are cry-baby, misguided and ineffective narcissists in the main....No Batman !....I mean Grippers of Reality...Sages of Survival and Security... that kind of thing...know whut ah mean ?
That'll do for now.
Quality ruminating,Brian

Its the self serving minority who spoil it for the rest. The decline and fall of the conservative party is excused by tarring all mps with the same brush.

There are elected members in all parties who earn the support of their constituents.
Can you recommend one for Bournemouth West?

Its the self serving minority who spoil it for the rest. The decline and fall of the conservative party is excused by tarring all mps with the same brush.

There are elected members in all parties who earn the support of their constituents.
As I lie soaking in my bath,I am listening to Nick on LBC,have a passive aggressive dig at the NHS
Be better employed considering the antiquated state of the Parliamentary process
that allows these totally no notes into positions of authority
Not going to happen of course, He has his Paymasters to placate.They we’re gearing up pre-covid, but at that time had to do a sharp u-turn to mirror the herds swerve towards positive feelings about The NHS,and their inconvenient saving of a load of lives over COVID

Has anyone noticed how, if you put a small collection of conkers on your window ledge, it stops spiders coming in when the weather turns.

I know this has got nothing to do with Liz Truss, but nor have the majority of posts on this thread.

Does anyone else have some useful non- chemical recommendations for keeping out non-welcome pesky visitors?
Bay leaves

Has anyone noticed how, if you put a small collection of conkers on your window ledge, it stops spiders coming in when the weather turns.

I know this has got nothing to do with Liz Truss, but nor have the majority of posts on this thread.

Does anyone else have some useful non- chemical recommendations for keeping out non-welcome pesky visitors?

This is how two ‘Beatles’ dealt with spiders in their younger days in Wales.

Has a twist to the story towards the end.

This is how two ‘Beatles’ dealt with spiders in their younger days in Wales.

Has a twist to the story towards the end.

Mind you - I can understand this. Your normal spider I can take any day - would quietly usher them out of the door even if it took some effort. But Daddy-Long-Legs, sorry but can't abide them. If they don't get out at the first invitation then I'm afraid it's the rolled-up newspaper treatment from me too. And I'm usually a nature lover. Something to do with those long dangly legs.........

Mind you - I can understand this. Your normal spider I can take any day - would quietly usher them out of the door even if it took some effort. But Daddy-Long-Legs, sorry but can't abide them. If they don't get out at the first invitation then I'm afraid it's the rolled-up newspaper treatment from me too. And I'm usually a nature lover. Something to do with those long dangly legs.........

Would he have to beware of coming near? ;) :grinning:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/tribute-peter-crouch-236559

;