Non - Matt Ritchie

If I recall correctly, Al’s stint in hospital last season co-incided with an uptick in form - here’s hoping he is fully fit and back on here in no time with a similar outcome on the AFCB front! All the best Al

Oh for goodness sake get a sense of humour, I wasn’t mocking his upbringing at all. What is sad is that you should twist the intention in this way.

I have a sense of humour. I don’t find mocking people due to a lack of vocabulary or way they speak is at all funny. Plenty of articles show just how deprived the neighbourhood JT grew up in. Odd way to get laughs imho.

Upsetting isn't it.
I'm sorry.
Very soon I am about to take a break from here due to health issues.
You will have to rely on the Echo for your stuff.
Good luck.

Good luck with the health thing Al.. your the man, sailor man...hope its not anything too serious.
Get back when you can, soon as you can!

Could Ritchie coming back mean a move to a 3-5-2 though?

I can see that going down well

We've got 2 very good attacking left sided players already (Stan and Danjuma) if we moved to 4-4-2 or stayed in the current formation (which footballcritic has as 4-3-3, but I'd class as 4-2-3-1.)

I don't think the addition to the wage bill would be worth it and I'd be happy to remember the good times, but leave it there.

The two partnerships of Daniels and Pugh, Francis and Ritchie are for the good memories and sadly now in our past history.

:idea: , certainly very exciting and enjoyable times.

How many transfer windows now has Ritchie been on his way back to AFCB?

There he is still in the black and white stripes of Newcastle, instead of the red and black stripes of our club.

"Sportsmail understands the dressing room has sided with Ritchie on the bust-up".

Sounds like taxi for Mr. Bruce then, doesn't it ?

The article also states that the players would prefer our old friend Graeme Jones to take over until the end of the season. Seems like being an AFCB assistant coach could be a fast track to the full-time manager's job once again !

Last edited:
...not sure we should bother with getting him back, but who knows what will happen come the summer as we build fro another Championship season?

I would speculate that the likes of Billing,Brooks,Lerma,Danjuma,Solanke and Begovic would probably move on...and some like Rico, Smith, Stanislas, and L Cook may also prefer to seek other clubs or we would want to get rid of?

With Riquelme and Wilshere only here on short term deals..

The thing is can we build a team around the likes of Pearson....Kelly.....Steve Cook....Travers...Stacey...Mepham...Surridge...CCV....Zemura...Kilkenny....Saydee...Anthony...

....wish I could see into the future!

;