Non - Matt Ritchie

Matt back at DC?...not a good idea really...he wanted the big time, big crowds ..he was not sufficiently absorbed in ' Boscombe'...he did a great job for the time he was here, one of our best ever..but let's leave it there...same with Eddie as I see it..
The Club and the Fans have to move Forward!

Really?...I would say that consistency is the deal first !
Indeed. For most of the season he has frustrated us and made us nervous !

It's great that he is now back to the form he showed last season when he was fit but as the buying club you would have to ask yourself what happened to him for the first two thirds of the season ? If you could guarantee that the same thing will never happen again, then of course he becomes an attractive proposition.
Early days yet though.

He needs to prove that his current form is the norm rather than the exception, which is pretty much what JW is hinting at tbf.

I think Eddie did quite well in his second spell.
Yeah of course..and a 3rd spell..magic spell even...is not something many of us would rail against...but how long can a club rely on one man...and the pressure would be immense from the word go..no Eddie needs a fresh challenge.

Few articles doing the rounds today suggesting ritchie had emptied his locker and said goodbye to team mates as he was expecting to join us.

it sounds like we wanted a loan deal with purchase dependent on promotion whereas Newcastle wanted a firm commitment to buy.

If true (and who knows) then this isn’t consistent with the claim Newcastle wouldn’t sell ?

;