Non - Pandemic

I am totally against the idea of vaccine passports for any event. When are we going to wake up to the fact that sooner or later virtually everyone on the planet will catch COVID at some stage in their lives. Where is the sense in having them for a football match played in the open air when people are far more at risk in travelling to the game on a train, the tube, a bus or in a car with their mates.
What next vaccine passports to go to school.
Vaccine passports are an unnecessary big brother intrusion on everyday life and will pave the way for future Governments imposing further restrictions at their will.
Get vaccinated and life will be back to normal - yeah right.
So when will the vaccine passports be revoked - never !

I was thinking more re football now and going forward into the winter.

They have talked about it Dave, but have not heard anymore since.

The decision was going to be made at the end of September after everyone had a chance of getting the jab.

They ran the test events per govt guidance. The govt then took whatever info it was that they were seeking and now we have the guidance that we do as per the football club.

The FA and football clubs have done their tick box exercise set by the govt.

They ran the test events per govt guidance. The govt then took whatever info it was that they were seeking and now we have the guidance that we do as per the football club.

The FA and football clubs have done their tick box exercise set by the govt.

Sweet FA. ;)

Half of Japan has got the ' f√cker ' now because of the Olympics.
Other vainglorious 'Celeb'rated Events here have contributed to the Covid Cull.
People are still dying daily in our hospitals -
Its spreading like wildfire in Cornwall because of Tourism. Selfish @rseholes.

Do folk not understand what the screaming f√ck the words ' epidemic/pandemic mean ?

Maybe sooner or later a Politician(s) in power sometwattin'where will get a rush of sh*t to the brain...and common dog - f√ck will prevail..
...wadja reckon ?

Do folk not understand what the screaming f√ck the words ' epidemic/pandemic mean ?

Maybe sooner or later a Politician(s) in power sometwattin'where will get a rush of sh*t to the brain...and common dog - f√ck will prevail..
...wadja reckon ?

Don’t hold your breath.

I am totally against the idea of vaccine passports for any event. When are we going to wake up to the fact that sooner or later virtually everyone on the planet will catch COVID at some stage in their lives. Where is the sense in having them for a football match played in the open air when people are far more at risk in travelling to the game on a train, the tube, a bus or in a car with their mates.
What next vaccine passports to go to school.
Vaccine passports are an unnecessary big brother intrusion on everyday life and will pave the way for future Governments imposing further restrictions at their will.
Get vaccinated and life will be back to normal - yeah right.
So when will the vaccine passports be revoked - never !
I think you’re right about virtually everyone catching Covid at some point.
Three of us went to Hull last week via Manchester and two of us now have Covid. We’re both double jabbed as well.

...wadja reckon ?
There were no crowds or foreign tourists allowed in for the Olympics. All athletes and media presenters were tested routinely or stayed at home - most of the BBC coverage was done from a studio in Salford.
So how long do you want to lock people up for ? We will all die of old age having done f-ck all for years before lockdown ends in your reckoning.

Last edited:
There were no crowds or foreign tourists allowed in for the Olympics. All athletes were tested routinely.
So how long do you want to lock people up for ? We will all die of old age having done f-ck all for years before lockdown ends in your reckoning.

I dunno...but everywhere you go..questions being asked...pontifications being ponted...some of the petty exchanges and 'charty' plagiarisms on here quite bizarre and ridiculous... but No real Answers.
All I know is...that a lack of polarised discipline across the population will hamper the eventual outcome.
Some of us pose some of what might seem to be arrogant and severe analysis of the ongoing dithering and the general behaviour of various types of people.. but getting the responses helps to understand the big picture scenario.
That's where I am....but ironically, maybe no better off for it !

Me and the missus are now, as from yesterday the only 2 of 7 local family group members who are free of Covid..although we were classified originally as the most vulnerable...luckily the others had recently been vaccinated so their symptoms are fairly minimal.. apart from one teenager who had been at school and not vaccinated..she was very groggy and lethargic last week and is only just improving slowly.
Btw.. She had been to Newquay camping and clubbing !
We are the only two who stuck rigidly to the guidelines throughout the past year.

...wadja reckon ?
Not really sure who you think the selfish people are or what you think should be happening now? A lockdown?

Not really sure who you think the selfish people are or what you think should be happening now? A lockdown?
Those that insist on taking holidays during a national emergency albeit influenced by high ranking politicians setting a bad example..and so aiding the spread of the pandemic to other areas.
We will see whether another Lockdown occurs this Winter....I won't be calling for one but if it is ordered by Government and complied to by retail and leisure industries etc..then I will comply.

Those that insist on taking holidays during a national emergency albeit influenced by high ranking politicians setting a bad example..and so aiding the spread of the pandemic to other areas.
We will see whether another Lockdown occurs this Winter....I won't be calling for one but if it is ordered by Government and complied to by retail and leisure industries etc..then I will comply.

Just take your own precautions, can’t rely on others or those who are supposed to be in charge now it seems.

My son‘s firm have started working 50% at home and 50% going into work.

They have just had a directive that they must wear a mask at work and it has to be a FFP3 one, which will be supplied when they arrive.

That’s the best one for best protection for yourself as well as others.

I wouldn’t mind a vaccine passport to travel, there needs to be something for countries to control who enters their borders. I don’t see the point of a vaccine passport outside of that - except perhaps schools, where certain vaccines are already a requirement at certain ages

Under 18’s do not have to isolate unless they have symptoms and test positive.

There are some other bits of “guidance” but it basically amounts to being thrown to the Wolves.
There's experts out there who seem to think that children catching covid whilst they are kids is actually the best course of action on balance. Better than vaccinating them as kids, and better than otherwise sheilding them away from it (if you could) so they get Covid first time as adults. 'Let it rip' if you want to call it that. Others disagree, of course.

This was roughly the JCVI stance, until recently, when Prof Dingwall was booted out and the stance is now leaning more towards mass vaccinating teenagers at least. Although they won't explicitly come out and advise that either! Teenagers considered more vulnerable looks set to go ahead sooner than later.

Hard to know what to make of it as laymen.

Last edited:
To be fair, we had one expert on here insisting young people had virtually zero chance of catching it or spreading it.

Its all about calculating risk, mostly to the NHS. A spike late summer/ early autumn is far preferable to one a month or so leater in during flu season (which is likely to be far worse than usual after very few cases last year)

Keeping everything closed for another year or more would have bene the end of most businesses and mass unemployment for some time to come, with a shrunken economy.

;