Non - Pandemic

Its a deflection from the main point. But to answer, I've no idea if Corbyn, Thatcher or Wilson would have done any better. The point is that the Government of the time has to look at its performance. All Governments, and not just the pandemic.

sorry, was referring to the country comment on previous page.

Reactions: drd
Still trying to work out Stan's stance on the situation. :D
My stance should be pretty obvious. My view is that Johnson has completely messed up the pandemic. There are apologists who come up with the same old tired excuses as to why he’s been absolutely useless. What’s your stance ?

My stance should be pretty obvious. My view is that Johnson has completely messed up the pandemic. There are apologists who come up with the same old tired excuses as to why he’s been absolutely useless. What’s your stance ?

But when you and @RobTrent are asked what more can be done in the here and now regarding the daily death figure there isn’t any answer? Do you want lockdowns back?

But when you and @RobTrent are asked what more can be done in the here and now regarding the daily death figure there isn’t any answer? Do you want lockdowns back?
This part of the discussion was clearly not about the here and now. I’ve acknowledged on many occasions that the vaccine program has been a tremendous success. I’ve been out and about several times in the last two weeks, including trips to London and Cardiff, which shows how confident I feel about it.

I doubt there’s more that could be done, that wasn’t my point. But if it’s all so hunky dory why delay the enquiry? You seem a bit shy on that one, or desperate to deflect the subject away from the issue.

And sleeping on the pointless hypothetical question, I suspect Corbyn might have done less well than Boris, but that Thatcher would have got an iron grip on it from the start. How that furthers the discussion I’m not sure.

Last edited:
I doubt there’s more that could be done, that wasn’t my point. But if it’s all so hunky dory why delay the enquiry? You seem a bit shy on that one.

I’m happy to have the enquiry whenever, it’s not upto me. I assume they are waiting to see how what could be a very long the goes

It's worth pointing out that despite our great start on the vaccines, we are now way down the list for vaccines per head of population. Addressing this could save a lot more lives.

The distraction of the clamour for an enquiry to name and shame the scapegoats shows the failure of COBRA continues.

Taking on lessons learned should be part of the emergency and disaster planning.as the pandemic still needs managing.

Any news on when the Grenfell inquiry will be completed?

Starting the Enquiry in spring 22 seems about right given what we're told about the need to watch the winter and how we're not totally out the woods yet etc.

What I would like to know is that, in the meantime the ducks are being lined up (topics to discuss, paperwork to go through, arranging people's availability to speak, whatever these things entail) such that when it does start in the spring, it can get moving efficiently.

The distraction of the clamour for an enquiry to name and shame the scapegoats shows the failure of COBRA continues.

Taking on lessons learned should be part of the emergency and disaster planning.as the pandemic still needs managing.

Any news on when the Grenfell inquiry will be completed?

Jim you do realise you’ve been asking for an enquiry for about 18 months.

Jim you do realise you’ve been asking for an enquiry for about 18 months.
The re is NO benefit from an ENQUIRY. See Grenfell Tower inquiry as an example.

The need for the Spanish enquisition is a favourite distraction of the apologists.

Any views on the role and performance of COBRA these last 18 months?

The re is NO benefit from an ENQUIRY. See Grenfell Tower inquiry as an example.

The need for the Spanish enquisition is a favourite distraction of the apologists.

Any views on the role and performance of COBRA these last 18 months?

why have you been asking for an enquiry for months then?

;