Non - Pandemic

There’s thousands of empty hotel rooms on the Heathrow concourse. All we need to do for the next six months is put everyone in them for a week then test them before letting them out. We need to do this particularly when it’s ‘over’. We will probably be too worried about civil liberties though and rather go through this again!

I know that, you know that....shame the people incharge don’t

Coronavirus: 90-minute COVID-19 test with 98.7% accuracy to be rolled out across UK

The Samba II identified 98.7% of infected patients correctly, with 100 made available by a philanthropist's £2.3m donation.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...-accuracy-to-be-rolled-out-across-uk-11967401
Turns out other tests he/the NHS have looked at produced incorrect results in up to 3 out of 4 attempts, so Matt Hancock just said.

Highlights importance of first identifying and then rolling out the right test I guess, as opposed to jumping on any test just to be seen to do something. What's the point in that.

There’s thousands of empty hotel rooms on the Heathrow concourse. All we need to do for the next six months is put everyone in them for a week then test them before letting them out. We need to do this particularly when it’s ‘over’. We will probably be too worried about civil liberties though and rather go through this again!
Until you have a test for the anti-bodies, testing en masse just proves that you have it/don't have it today. Could still get it tomorrow.

I mentioned my wife's situation a few times. She called Regional Health yesterday, as it has been 3 weeks since her confirmed contact. They said that they were way behind in their follow-up, which is why they hadn't checked in on her. Did she have any residual symptoms they asked? She said her taste buds weren't fully back, and she had a mild head cold, cough gone. She asked if she should come in for a test. Nope they said, you're good to go. Could she be tested for anti-bodies to prove that she had indeed had it? No, anti-body test not here yet.

As scary as it is, I am definitely moving towards the camp that the drive to stop the spread is costing huge amounts, both financially and emotionally, and I'm not sure where the trade-off is. Everything in Europe and the US indicates that mitigation makes a big difference, but at this stage it feels like the outcomes are being defined. The US says 100-200,000 deaths, or 4/100ths of 1% of population. UK seems to be projecting at about the same .... say 20,000-30,000. Other European countries look around the same (I think??). Canada tracking a bit lower, but while we are about 60% of your population, we have natural spread over a much larger land mass.

You make "this conversation" seem like a poor performance annual review.

Many of the 'frail' patients will have been part of the 'hard working families' so previously beloved by this Government. They will have paid the same taxes as anyone, and yet there's a creeping eugenic train of thought that somehow the frail are disposable. And no-one is inviting them into this conversation.

The frail might include you, me, our parents, our relatives, people we love. And rather than discuss the petty inconvenience of a decade of under-funding and two years ignoring the recommendations of a pre-pandemic exercise, you seem to feel its ok to push the frail under the bus.

And whilst the frail are hiding indoors, stupid it'll-never-happen-to-me f*ckwits are running about outside not giving two flying ones about stopping the spread of this disease.

I'm not sorry if the above comes across as emotional. We only live once on this planet, and it terrifies the f*ck out of me to see this country lurching in such a direction.
I'm sorry Rob. Please do not think for a minute I agree with this or think it is a good thing.
The NHS and social care has been appallingly under funded for years and now the country will reap what is has sowed.
I didn't go into medicine with a view to deciding who could access life saving treatment and who couldn't but am going to be put into that position in the next week or two. I spent the afternoon in tears because I couldn't visit a bereaved widow and favourite patient.
This whole **************** show is not my fucking fault. And the public clapping me at 8pm means **************** all frankly. I want people to realize proper public services are a necessity not a luxury

Turns out other tests he/the NHS have looked at produced incorrect results in up to 3 out of 4 attempts, so Matt Hancock just said.

Highlights importance of first identifying and then rolling out the right test I guess, as opposed to jumping on any test just to be seen to do something. What's the point in that.

I think the Government have missed having Matt Hancock at the front of this. He comes across very genuine and transparent. Not afraid to accept criticism or praise Labour for their input etc.

Well that was some press conference.

Questions not just from the usual people but from the media in other parts of the country.

We have heard a lot of words and promises before, but was very impressed with Matt Hancock.

Also his answer re Premier League footballers should take a pay cut just like others have.

Questions not just from the usual people but from the media in other parts of the country.

We have heard a lot of words and promises before, but was very impressed with Matt Hancock.

Also his answer re Premier League footballers should take a pay cut just like others have.
Be impressed if he delivers on his promises. I'm not holding my breath

Apart from writing off the debt, it was still all jam tomorrow.

Tomorrow''s PL meeting.

"The EPL has suspended all competition till further notice"

Another fudge, another delay.

My prediction...but already we know it is a fact.

Tomorrow''s PL meeting.

"The EPL has suspended all competition till further notice"

Another fudge, another delay.

My prediction...but already we know it is a fact.

There will be something on wages. They pre announced it yesterday. These things take time to put in place.

Whether these things should be put in place sooner is always up for discussion.

;