Non - Pandemic

I thought it was poor form calling them or any profession out like that.

How much have they contributed through tax and NHS payments over the years?

Who exactly is the paycut going to benefit, unless the owners are going to hand over the money directly to the NHS?

Reactions: drd
I thought it was poor form calling them or any profession out like that.

How much have they contributed through tax and NHS payments over the years?

Who exactly is the paycut going to benefit, unless the owners are going to hand over the money directly to the NHS?

He was asked a question. Perhaps he could have side stepped it. It’s a shame that this will be what gets the headlines rather than writing off the NHS historical debt.

The point on the pay cut for players, which will tomorrow I guess is because of the moves some clubs (like Tottenham) have made in regards to using the governments furlough scheme and getting the government to pay non playing staff their 80% but the players on full wages.

He was asked a question. Perhaps he could have side stepped it. It’s a shame that this will be what gets the headlines rather than writing off the NHS historical debt.

The point on the pay cut for players, which will tomorrow I guess is because of the moves some clubs (like Tottenham) have made in regards to using the governments furlough scheme and getting the government to pay non playing staff their 80% but the players on full wages.

They've side stepped every question for the last two weeks yet he managed to pile in on footballers when he had the chance to shift the blame from their inability to organise covid testing.

It's not a shame he's shifted attention from other things it was his intention.

Lets face it, this Govt has done the square root of f*ck all in the last two weeks.

Ramping up, rolling out, five pillars...

I wish they would get the lycra clad cyclists around Wimborne. I saw 8 in a line going through Hinton Martell.

Lycra !!! Do you want me to do it in my baggies instead ;).. I went through there yesterday... Hinton Martell getting the pitchforks out ? The really bizarre thing is I met a couple from Hinton Martell on holiday a few years back and all they did was moan about cyclists, said they scared the horses - give over. Might lob a bath bomb in that fountain of theirs :wave:

Seriously, club cycling is banned . What I have seen on my travels is a load of old boys in high viz on bikes who clearly don't give a sh it...they seem to think that a convoy 20 yards apart is allowed.

Lets face it, this Govt has done the square root of f*ck all in the last two weeks.

I’m not going to pretend to know all the ins and outs of the science, strategy, logistics of fighting a pandemic.

They won’t have got everything right. They’ll have changed their minds with new science and data.

I haven’t read every aspect of it all as it is depressing. When it was all hypothetical it was so much easier to debate things.

Personally I’ve been impressed with the Excel conversion and other mammoth projects.

Its all horrendous.

I know it’s been bought up before but the USA has 236,000 cases. Two hundred and thirty six thousand - almost 25% of the worlds cases. Look at this right now. Absolute Madness. A month ago Trump banned flights from Europe entering the US, perhaps he needs to look at his own domestic issues and as mentioned before no they aren’t all cargo or repatriation flights

6B8DFC57-4B14-496E-921C-23B3DF467C65.jpeg170F47A6-AA78-4AC3-B21E-1858E93357AF.jpeg

The disgrace ...is how much footballers are paid ! So it needed calling out for a wage cut at the high end.
And our Eddie has led by example!

However ... the Politicians must take a pay cut too.....and CEOs of large companies and banks etc.

The sh£ts hit the fan......and the virus decides when the fan is switched off

They've side stepped every question for the last two weeks yet he managed to pile in on footballers when he had the chance to shift the blame from their inability to organise covid testing.

It's not a shame he's shifted attention from other things it was his intention.
Lessons from history learned.....

Roman entertainment is a byword for the decadence of the late empire, leading to its downfall when it spent more time on amusement than reforming the military or rooting out corruption. The Emperors encouraged people to go to see the fights as it stopped them from being bored and criticising their ruler.

People across the UK have taken part in a second "Clap for Carers" tribute, saluting NHS staff and other key workers dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.
Delivery drivers, supermarket staff, care workers and bin collectors were among those honoured by the nation.
Households banged pots and pans, while others played the bagpipes to show their support.
The event is now expected to happen every Thursday at 20:00 BST.

I’m not going to pretend to know all the ins and outs of the science, strategy, logistics of fighting a pandemic.

They won’t have got everything right. They’ll have changed their minds with new science and data.

I haven’t read every aspect of it all as it is depressing. When it was all hypothetical it was so much easier to debate things.

Personally I’ve been impressed with the Excel conversion and other mammoth projects.

Its all horrendous.
They went against every other country and opted for herd immunity. And now they dont have the equipment to deal with what coming, and so people, real people, are having their fate decided because of a decade of neglect.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...o-buy-covid-19-medical-supplies-say-officials

So I'm not blindsided by spreadsheets sorry.

They went against every other country and opted for herd immunity. And now they dont have the equipment to deal with what coming, and so people, real people, are having their fate decided because of a decade of neglect.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...o-buy-covid-19-medical-supplies-say-officials

So I'm not blindsided by spreadsheets sorry.

There seems to be an assumption that EU procurement is a success. From where I'm stood the EU seems to have been completely ineffectual in this crisis.

I'm sure The tories are lying about this I'm just not sure the EU is in any position to claim victory in any of their actions. Are any of their members doing better than the UK?

Has anyone had their fate decided just yet ? Has anyone not been put on a ventilator because there wasn't one ?

Can we do the finger pointing when we actually see this happening?

There are two strands to this. The Economic measures - pretty good lets be honest. Then the medical measures where the CMO told the Govt what to do, loads agreed with him on here. How is that the Governments fault exactly?
We might be playing catch up in relation to PPE and the testing situation is a mess but whatever we do probably won't influence the end result according to the charts.

My personal view is that they haven't really wavered from the herd thing but are choosing to manage it instead.

Apart from a total change in the way the population live, and the utter nationalisation of the economy, it's been a pretty quiet couple of weeks.

Come on Rob, I know you don't like the current government and that's fine. But don't make yourself look silly.

Has anyone had their fate decided just yet ? Has anyone not been put on a ventilator because there wasn't one ?

There are two strands to this. The Economic measures - pretty good lets be honest. Then the medical measures where the CMO told the Govt what to do, loads agreed with him on here. How is that the Governments fault exactly?
We might be playing catch up in relation to PPE and the testing situation is a mess but whatever we do probably won't influence the end result according to the charts.

My personal view is that they haven't really wavered from the herd thing but are choosing to manage it instead.
Well I've read testimonials, but I'm not going to demand evidence from them to demonstrate that all is in fact wonderful.

They've been rationing ventilators in London.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nty-survival-ventilators-London-hospital.html

;