Non - Pandemic

Is it me, or is it just going away?
Daily death figures are tiny

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Pagel and iSAGE still find plenty to moan about. Cases are worse than in 2020…presumably because we haven’t been locked down for months, so can only assume that’s what she’s advocating from the comparison.

Then of course there are scary new variants to bang the drum about.

Her worry is based on this…

It’ll be interesting to see the governments stance on it come autumn. Boosters will be available for the vulnerable and over 65s but will testing return? Isolation? Or absolutely nothing

It’ll be interesting to see the governments stance on it come autumn. Boosters will be available for the vulnerable and over 65s but will testing return? Isolation? Or absolutely nothing
Nothing. Probably be more flu deaths than Covid. Are they still reporting deaths as Covid even if it is not the prime cause ? I am sure that if you catch it it can still be pretty nasty but for most a few rough days. There are so many now that have had it, and a lot have had it more than once, that herd immunity has kicked in.

UK figs for 2 days ago +5,306 new cases, + 90 deaths
German +52,361 new cases +89 deaths
France +26,144 new cases +58 deaths

Assuming that the others have free testing still only the ONS estimates are a worthwhile comparison.

What a staggering figure - one in every six deaths worldwide ocurred in the USA - the richest country of them all.

I think this is probably down to a combination of being rich and liberal enough to produce honest and reliable figures but not the political will to impose restrictions.

As so many Americans are determined to preserve their right to bear arms perhaps the only weapons that they are permitted to own could be restricted to the ones available when the Second Amendment was passed.

That is an excellent suggestion. How many school massacres would take place in the United States if the perpetrators had to reload their flintlock muskets after each shot?

;