Non - Pandemic

If people have had the virus and its gone, are they then immune and able to go out?

Evidence from China seemed to indicate you could get it again ie it’s not like chickenpox. Not sure if that was due to 2 strains of the virus being in existence (mild and strong).

If people have had the virus and its gone, are they then immune and able to go out?
1 bit of data I read based from China (early days so pinch of salt please) suggested around 14% of prior sufferers would or could suffer it again if subjected to a 2nd bout. Not entirely sure how China worked that out. But if true not ideal, but does suggest some level of immunity going forward for a majority.

I guess those folks could still be carriers of the virus to others, so would have to be careful and hygienic. But they would probably be good candidates to pitch in and help out, being at least somewhat less susceptible?

Guess it's one of the many things the scientists are still trying to gather data on and figure out.

Can’t see how anyone can really know if you can catch it multiple times when the virus is so new.

There are also always anomalies like some people can get chicken pox twice etc.
All viruses are different and behave differently. Some we rid ourselves of in the case of flu viruses where once defeated we retain an immune systme primed to attack with immunoglobulin M and G if meeting it again. Others remain with you indefinitely.

For example the herpes virus (of which there are two) lies dormant once intitally defeated in nerve endings. This allows it to resurface at a latter stage often when the host has a dip in their immune function. This explains why people get repeat cold sores (herpes coming back when they have a cold) or why following chichen pox you can get shingles (the virus causing an intense painful itch and vesicles across a dermatome of the body).

The Imperial College report, published yesterday, says this:

On recovery from infection, individuals are assumed to be immune to re-infection in the short term. Evidence from the FluWatch cohort study suggests that re-infection with the same strain of seasonal circulating coronavirus is highly unlikely in the same or following season (Prof Andrew Hayward, personal communication).

Idiot here

Are you going to criticise todays economic assistance to Joe public and businesses.

Nah..thought not. Perhaps a good time to keep politics off the table.

Today’s promise of help. Time will tell if this government deliver on their promises.

I’d love to know how there are still so many planes over Europe and how we are still flying planes to the USA despite the ban coming in about a day ago. Crazy.

924F533D-A6B6-4F90-A4CE-D7A1BA560D8D.jpeg

It’ll be interesting to see if the amount decreases then, I noticed last week planes from Europe were still flying to the US days after the ban as well

;