Non - Pandemic

There are fewer deaths in Germany bec
Weatherspoon insisting they will stay open until ordered otherwise.. popped my head in my local today and busy as usual....didn't partake. Some people virtually live in there, they need to find a new hobby.

As I write, someone dies of Coronavirus in Italy every seven minutes. The health service there cannot cope, and bodies are literally piling up because the crematoria can’t keep up.

Our level of deaths is about two weeks behind Italy’s and people are still piling into Spoons? Good God almighty.

I was going to say with billys link that perhaps early testing might lead to earlier medical treatment ? That said I'm not sure it matters as nothing really works..or does it ?....so yes perhaps delayed recording of stats.

The place really isn't that much different to the UK, they actually have a similar life expectancy...

Looking at their numbers in the last three days they are starting to take off. I think we're all heading the same way.

The imperial college report said our best case scenario with the current social distancing is 20,000 deaths.

Surely Italy will start to slow soon and end up no more than that. Hopefully everyone else's head start will allow for them to get ventilators, ppe etc. in place to keep figures low.

Even more importantly hopefully some hero boffin out there is going to pull it out of the bag and save us all. I'll buy him/her a pint when we're allowed back in pubs.

Article on germany and its numbers.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/18/does-germany-have-low-coronavirus-death-rate/
For me the interesting one will be Italy and when it starts to flatten out - no sign yet but lockdowns have been in place for a while now.

And some mind boggling science.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-discover-antibody-offering-hope-coronavirus/

10th March the beginning of their lockdown so fingers crossed their numbers start dropping in the near future. How long will the people stay inside and let their livelihoods go down the pan if there's no sign of it working?

Trump:

“Chloroquine, or hydroxychloroquine, this is a common malaria drug. It’s also a drug used for strong arthritis … It’s been around for a long time, so we know if things don’t go as planned it’s not going to kill anybody … It’s shown very, very encouraging early results, and we’re going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately.”

But minutes later, Stephen Hahn, the commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, cautioned that in fact chloroquine has not been approved for use against the coronavirus and must still be tested for its effectiveness and safety.

Tedros (leader of the WHO) is a proven fraud who covered up Cholera. I'm sure he's got your best interest at heart now though how could he lie to such naive humans. You've been played your whole life and you have the audacity to laugh at people like me who are warning normal people who are getting phucked by their employers and the higher powers on a daily basis, You're a joke mate, surely it's best to check your ego, admit you are wrong than go to the grave believing you were right but contributed absolutely nothing but the demise of you're own kind (people with low to moderate means who have no say in the outcome) same goes for a few more posters who constantly foam when I message (Derek, Stan, Def 2 Royalz - if I was the true enemy I would not be wasting my time talking to you lot on afcb vitals lolz.

This virus is not our true enemy, its ourselves, when the Titanic was sinking people trod on each other and crushed each other to death and drowned each other because they all lost their phucking minds, hundreds perished needlessly through panic and we're already seeing it now with panic buying and fighting over bog roll, leaving the most vulnerable to a doomed fate.
Fear is the mind killer and the wronguns in this world are opportunists and will soon start the law of the jungle if this mindless hysteria is not stopped by the media and those taking every word as gospel.

Last edited by a moderator:
This virus is not our true enemy, its ourselves, when the Titanic was sinking people trod on each other and crushed each other to death and drowned each other because they all lost their phucking minds, hundreds perished needlessly through panic and we're already seeing it now with panic buying and fighting over bog roll, leaving the most vulnerable to a doomed fate.
Fear is the mind killer and the wronguns in this world are opportunists and will soon start the law of the jungle if this mindless hysteria is not stopped by the media and those taking every word as gospel.

:clap:

You truly are an enigma mate.

You spout offensive drivel and then come out with this.

The guidelines are not an exact science any more than using ' bellbend' when your short on adjectives, adverbs and nouns is seen as clever..we are human beings.

Trump:

“Chloroquine, or hydroxychloroquine, this is a common malaria drug. It’s also a drug used for strong arthritis … It’s been around for a long time, so we know if things don’t go as planned it’s not going to kill anybody … It’s shown very, very encouraging early results, and we’re going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately.”

But minutes later, Stephen Hahn, the commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, cautioned that in fact chloroquine has not been approved for use against the coronavirus and must still be tested for its effectiveness and safety.
They are both correct Rob. Anti malarials are showing great promise in use on actual patients in Australia and the Far East. But the law in the USA stipulates that trials need to be done before the drug can be used on diseases that it has not previously been used for - a sensible precaution. I would imagine that Trump will quite rightly alter these requirements to get things moving quickly. If Chloroquinine has some effect the benefits are that it is cheap, available in huge quantities and not under patent so can be produced by anyone.

Lord Jesus,
Your family are hungry,
They are in want of food,
Father, feed them

Lord Jesus,
Your family are sick,
They are in want of care,
Father heal them

Lord Jesus,
Your family are strangers,
They are in want of acceptance,
Father, give them a home

Lord Jesus,
Your family are in prison,
They are in want of hope,
Father, sustain them

With your everlasting faithfulness
Gracious and eternal God of love,
Hear our prayer,
In the Name of Your Son,
Our Lord and our Saviour Jesus Christ, By whose stripes we were healed,
Amen!

Lord Jesus,
Your family are hungry,
They are in want of food,
Father, feed them

Lord Jesus,
Your family are sick,
They are in want of care,
Father heal them

Lord Jesus,
Your family are strangers,
They are in want of acceptance,
Father, give them a home

Lord Jesus,
Your family are in prison,
They are in want of hope,
Father, sustain them

With your everlasting faithfulness
Gracious and eternal God of love,
Hear our prayer,
In the Name of Your Son,
Our Lord and our Saviour Jesus Christ, By whose stripes we were healed,
Amen!

Ps Jesus, can you ask your dad to stop sending the viruses!

Weatherspoon insisting they will stay open until ordered otherwise.. popped my head in my local today and busy as usual....didn't partake. Some people virtually live in there, they need to find a new hobby.
Think I would rather find a quiet corner in the local spoons than be in a bunch of manic bog roll hoarders massing in the aisles of Tesco. Now thats the way to spread the bug.

This is a long but interesting and easy-to-follow read on why we need to implement a strong lock-down policy now. And it's got me convinced. Every day is a day wasted:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56
Looking at one of the graphs showing the expected covid-19 cases for the UK, I can't see them even considering football, never mind playing it before mid-August at the earliest. Excluding football, frightening for the world.

;