Non - Pandemic

All key workers should get the chance to have the vaccine I think.
But how do you define key workers? I would define them as the people who realised from day 1 that their jobs were vital and who carried on working from day 1 even though safety procedures were not in place. Hospital staff, obviously, plus supermarket staff, food producers, delivery drivers, packers, and related ancilliary staff, emergency services, etc.

Secondary key workers are the ones who returned to work after procedures were in place even though stopping at home on furlough would have been an option. Construction, other shop staff, catering staff especially takeaways, that sort of job.
Where do teachers fit in on the "key worker" scale?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9305405/Grieving-relatives-demand-inquiry-loved-ones-wrongly-certified-virus-victims.html

Sorry it’s the Mail but maybe an issue some have found personally.

It’s tragic and sad no matter how they died.

Might sound stupid but would it make much difference if non COVID reasons are given now ?

What can be gained - compensation? Ease of mind ? Form of justice ?

Are they questing the treatment given in hospital maybe .
Most likely they hate the idea that such a big thing in their own life (death of a loved one) is being treated by the medical staff as an irrelevance that isn't worth the slightest effort to get right. When a father or mother or wife dies, you want the doctor to look like he or she is at least paying attention.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9305405/Grieving-relatives-demand-inquiry-loved-ones-wrongly-certified-virus-victims.html

Sorry it’s the Mail but maybe an issue some have found personally.

It’s tragic and sad no matter how they died.

Might sound stupid but would it make much difference if non COVID reasons are given now ?

What can be gained - compensation? Ease of mind ? Form of justice ?

Are they questing the treatment given in hospital maybe .
Don't apologise for it being in the Mail, at least they are looking into these cases.
It has been known for a long time that some cases are dying with COVID rather than because of COVID, equally there are cases where it is an assumption of being present rather than tested and confirmed.
A friend of mine who is the manager at a local funeral director and is dealing with doctors, death certs and the procedures necessary for dealing with COVID bodies has said that medical staff have told her of their assumptions on some deaths.
Now clearly there has been a huge number of COVID deaths here and worldwide but we may only know the fuller picture when looking at excess deaths above long term averages in the future. I did see a set of figures a week or so back that suggested that perhaps 1 in 15 cases were wrongly attributed to COVID. And no it wasn't in the Mail !!

Don't apologise for it being in the Mail, at least they are looking into these cases.
It has been known for a long time that some cases are dying with COVID rather than because of COVID, equally there are cases where it is an assumption of being present rather than tested and confirmed.
A friend of mine who is the manager at a local funeral director and is dealing with doctors, death certs and the procedures necessary for dealing with COVID bodies has said that medical staff have told her of their assumptions on some deaths.
Now clearly there has been a huge number of COVID deaths here and worldwide but we may only know the fuller picture when looking at excess deaths above long term averages in the future. I did see a set of figures a week or so back that suggested that perhaps 1 in 15 cases were wrongly attributed to COVID. And no it wasn't in the Mail !!
Without going into any detail......I can 100% back that up.

But how do you define key workers? I would define them as the people who realised from day 1 that their jobs were vital and who carried on working from day 1 even though safety procedures were not in place. Hospital staff, obviously, plus supermarket staff, food producers, delivery drivers, packers, and related ancilliary staff, emergency services, etc.

Secondary key workers are the ones who returned to work after procedures were in place even though stopping at home on furlough would have been an option. Construction, other shop staff, catering staff especially takeaways, that sort of job.
Where do teachers fit in on the "key worker" scale?

Was only I have seen loads of comments from teachers saying they don’t want to work or are worried if they haven’t had the vaccine they can still pass it on etc.

But yes agreed there are more front line workers who would be at risk more .

I suppose it’s saves that row if they do it in age order then no one can be accused of favouring one group over the other.

Was only I have seen loads of comments from teachers saying they don’t want to work or are worried if they haven’t had the vaccine they can still pass it on etc.

I suppose it’s saves that row if they do it in age order then no one can be accused of favouring one group over the other.

Have strong feelings about the order of how they are dishing out the vaccine.....
Surely Education workers should all of been done......they are key workers imo.
Should old Sid who is 101in a wheelchair who is going back to his dementia home be a priority above a teacher ?
Before I get slated for that I appreciate that is not a very good analogy but you know what I mean......(I hope :grinning: )

Have strong feelings about the order of how they are dishing out the vaccine.....
Surely Education workers should all of been done......they are key workers imo.
Should old Sid who is 101in a wheelchair who is going back to his dementia home be a priority above a teacher ?
Before I get slated for that I appreciate that is not a very good analogy but you know what I mean......(I hope :grinning: )
I think that's a fair point but prioritising people would be an absolute logistic nightmare. Most people would agree nurse ahead of plumber. But what if the nurse is doing research and has no patient face to face contact and the plumber works much if the time for adult services in homes for learning disabilities?

With death certificates, there has always been debate. Is pneumonia the cause of death or the cancer without which the patient wouldn't be on chemo and probably wouldn't have caught it?
The only sensible way to look at this is excess deaths. Ours are massive especially given there has been minimal flu this year

So that’s 14 of every 15 cases correctly attributed then. Puts a different slant on it.

Reactions: drd

;