Non - Pandemic

Yep, heard him mention that before and he was back in Lincolnshire for the Q & A.

Sophie Ridge was the presenter and she mentioned she is a Sheffield Wednesday fan and in no hurry to get back to watch them. :grinning:

That Sophy Ridge is very easy on the eye! Perhaps they should permanently replace Kay Burley with her!!

You'll find out soon - how many of us are walking around normally, and how many of us are walking around like zombies...controlled by Bill Gates (i'll be the latter) :grinning:

I now have people in my Facebook world going crazy about Bill Gates 60 minutes interview on his investments in alternative meats. These people will never give up their real beef etc etc.

I love and eat meat but it’s obvious that factory farming isn’t the answer and it just baffles me how people refuse to expand their minds. It’s like one is in a time machine and hanging out with Galileo’s guards lol

I now have people in my Facebook world going crazy about Bill Gates 60 minutes interview on his investments in alternative meats. These people will never give up their real beef etc etc.

I love and eat meat but it’s obvious that factory farming isn’t the answer and it just baffles me how people refuse to expand their minds. It’s like one is in a time machine and hanging out with Galileo’s guards lol

Im a big time carnivore but those beyond beef burgers and impossible burgers are flipping delicious !!

Worryingly, more bad news from USA in the northeast and California.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/25/health/variants-coronavirus-new-york-city/index.html
Just when we thought we may be able to relax. Reported a couple of hours ago. Fingers crossed that the vaccines can give protection.

That’s why I believe our governments cautious approach to opening up is the correct thing to do.

Personally I think Scotland got it right re closing borders and having quarantine in hotels for everyone entering their country because of these variants.

That’s why I believe our governments cautious approach to opening up is the correct thing to do.

Personally I think Scotland got it right re closing borders and having quarantine in hotels for everyone entering their country because of these variants.

That Scottish policy is just for political show. Only a fraction of Scottish international travellers fly directly into Scotland so its an easy point-scoring exercise that doesn't have a great deal of impact.

Sky

Back in France - the government are working hard to convince people the AstraZeneca vaccine is safe

The government in France is working hard to convince the public that the AstraZeneca vaccine is safe, after President Emmanuel Macron cast doubt over the jab's effectiveness.

Some French people were reportedly turning down the British-developed AstraZeneca jab in favour of waiting for the Pfizer alternative.

Earlier today, the head of the country's vaccine rollout said that the vaccine was "not inferior" to the other ones being used, and issued a statement saying AstraZenenca jab is safe and effective.

To date, France has issued 3.97 million vaccine doses.

I think the Reading and Leeds promoter guy seems delusional. There's no way an event with 200000 attendees per day is taking place in July. It's madness to have that be the first festival since the pandemic started when in reality we won't have quite gotten past the hump yet. I can't even imagine how sloppy everyone would be if it's their first party in over a year. The inside word is a lot of festivals will still end up being cancelled because they can't get insured. Moreover the harsh reality for most performers is very few are going to be able to afford to travel with their entire crew and run the risk of having to cancel two weeks worth of gigs and pay to have to quarantine everyone in a hotel in the event someone in their party gets covid.

The summer music festivals seem confident all will be well as they have announced they are going ahead.

;