Non - Pandemic

Sad to reply to my own post but I just saw a funny comment online that said no way in the space of three months are we going from six people in a garden to six people in a two man tent doing ket they bought from stranger!

I think the Reading and Leeds promoter guy seems delusional. There's no way an event with 200000 attendees per day is taking place in July. It's madness to have that be the first festival since the pandemic started when in reality we won't have quite gotten past the hump yet. I can't even imagine how sloppy everyone would be if it's their first party in over a year. The inside word is a lot of festivals will still end up being cancelled because they can't get insured. Moreover the harsh reality for most performers is very few are going to be able to afford to travel with their entire crew and run the risk of having to cancel two weeks worth of gigs and pay to have to quarantine everyone in a hotel in the event someone in their party gets covid.

Sky

Back in France - the government are working hard to convince people the AstraZeneca vaccine is safe

The government in France is working hard to convince the public that the AstraZeneca vaccine is safe, after President Emmanuel Macron cast doubt over the jab's effectiveness.

Some French people were reportedly turning down the British-developed AstraZeneca jab in favour of waiting for the Pfizer alternative.

Earlier today, the head of the country's vaccine rollout said that the vaccine was "not inferior" to the other ones being used, and issued a statement saying AstraZenenca jab is safe and effective.

To date, France has issued 3.97 million vaccine doses.

To add to this...

If you were going to throw a major sporting competition at somewhere at almost no notice, then here, London in particular, is probably about as well prepared as you could find?

We have heard about who should in Phase 2 be getting priority.

The police, firefighters and teachers etc.

But watching the press conference earlier there was this reply from JVT.

Prof Van-Tam says the ONS data suggests restaurant and catering managers have the highest risk of death, followed by other professions including metal working and machine operatives, chefs and cab drivers.

The figures for male teachers is much lower for mortality. "We have to start in a logical place," he adds, and says that is going to be difficult because of the many occupations that would need to be called forward.

The pace of the rollout would be damaged and the "big win" is in speed, he adds.

Last edited:
We have heard about who should in Phase 2 be getting priority.

The police, firefighters and teachers etc.

But watching the press conference earlier there was this reply from JVT.

Prof Van-Tam says the ONS data suggests restaurant and catering managers have the highest risk of death, followed by other professions including metal working and machine operatives, chefs and cab drivers.

The figures for male teachers is much lower for mortality. "We have to start in a logical place," he adds, and says that is going to be difficult because of the many occupations that would need to be called forward.

The pace of the rollout would be damaged and the "big win" is in speed, he adds.

Big fan of JVT but he completely missed the point of the question. I know the teachers unions pushed for teachers to be vaccinated based on risk of illness etc.

But that question was about avoiding disruption to classes through absence which is completely inevitable, with classes and bubbles sent home to isolate following every positive test.

Big fan of JVT but he completely missed the point of the question. I know the teachers unions pushed for teachers to be vaccinated based on risk of illness etc.

But that question was about avoiding disruption to classes through absence which is completely inevitable, with classes and bubbles sent home to isolate following every positive test.
I think he knew full well the point being made but wanted to emphasis their (the medical scientists) continuing priority is saving lives and hospitalisation

Reactions: DJ

;