Non - Pandemic

Ah the favourite excuse that the job is too difficult for him.

Boris spent his career chasing the job. The fact he didnt know what it involved demonstrates his lack of judgement.
That's a bit harsh. I don't think any of the Tory leadership candidates, or for that matter any of the party manifestos in the 2019 election, mentioned that in their judgement a major global pandemic was about to happen. It wasn't just Boris.

In January and February 2019, researchers at the University of Derby commissioned BMG Research to run a survey to answer these questions, asking 5,781 people living in Britain how much they agreed with the following statements:

• Margaret Thatcher made Britain Great again – 26% of respondents agreed, 37% disagreed
  • Margaret Thatcher was right to sell council houses to tenants – 37% agreed, 31% disagreed
  • Today’s housing crisis was a result of selling off so many council homes in the 1980s – against the more positive assessment of the right to buy legislation demonstrated above, 48% of respondents agreed while 22% disagreed
  • Social and economic changes since the 1980s have ensured a brighter future for all – 22% agreed, 34% disagreed
  • Margaret Thatcher’s governments decreased the quality of life for many ordinary people – 45% agreed, 22% disagreed
  • Margaret Thatcher’s governments did a lot of damage to communities around here – 42% agreed, 24% disagreed
  • Margaret Thatcher only looked after the interests of the rich – 44% agreed, 21% disagreed
You mean produced a survey with loaded questions designed to be anti-Thatcher, and that's your evidence that she was economically bad?

What was the answer to the question "In Margaret Thatcher's time as PM, average salaries rose from £12.5k to £19k. Was this a good thing or a bad thing?"?

Ah the favourite excuse that the job is too difficult for him.

Boris spent his career chasing the job. The fact he didnt know what it involved demonstrates his lack of judgement.
I was talking purely about the covid pandemic. Nobody knew what was in store for any leader of a country. That's not lack of judgement in any form.

Three quarters of new cases are from the India variant.

Matt Hancock has been under the cosh over the last two days.

But maybe Boris should look in the mirror and ask himself if he should have acted faster on putting India on the Red list.

Again failing to respond quickly enough, irrespective of his visit or trade deal.

It does highlight, though, as the UK has done a great job in rolling out the vaccine, while these numbers don't look great it shows that the vaccine is working. I worry about other countries who's population has decided that taking the vaccine is too risky because of Bill Gates....ie the US. but saying that, it's their choice. I've done my bit.

Its all very fractious at present.. periods of unrest are abundant all around the globe...
....the Pandemic has unseated lots of 'Comfortable People..
Boris..for a start was sprung out of a Comfort Zone....his bag was the Brexit Aftermath Agenda...setting up Business Deals.
Other than Hunt (maybe)..who else was suited to a Daily Focus being on Avoiding Death from a Virus?
Had it been the current and recent Leaders of Labour...then things on the Resource Front. i.e PPE and Vaccines...would have been worse..disastrous in fact!
What we have Now and up to the next Election is basically Damage Limitation with knobs on !
That's the Good News...the Bad News is...Who? whether it be from Tory or Labour is Going to Attempt to Lead the Nation back to some kind of place to be worth living in and be proud of.!
That'll do for some Friday Joy to take into the big..... ' Bank Holiday Weekend' ! :oops:

Last edited:
Second dose for me tomorrow. Clicked the link in my text message and had one slot available for Saturday or a wait until the weekend 12/13th June, so I guess my doctors surgery had a bit going spare.

That's a bit harsh. I don't think any of the Tory leadership candidates, or for that matter any of the party manifestos in the 2019 election, mentioned that in their judgement a major global pandemic was about to happen. It wasn't just Boris.
Members of the cabinet would be kept informed by cobra while managing the national risk register. Ignorance is not an option for those in government.

;