Non - Pandemic

I note for our pal in Denmark, they are shortly removing mask mandates for all settings save public transport, as well as further opening hospitality. They've committed to scrapping masks altogether in October. 25k fans for the Euros matches to be played in Copenhagen.
Yep no mask's on Monday, except if standing up on public transport.
Pubs and resturantes open till midnight, but you still need to show your corona pass. Things going forward fast here.

I think I am outta here again. Too many annoying group members for me to deal with at this stage. I was hoping to get less who have been brainwashed by the media and the Govt. Such a shame to see. And once people start getting personal, that's it. No doubt some will giggle about this but fill your boots. I may be back this time next year and see the same people wanting to be cautious.
I love that you say that anyone who disagrees with you has been brainwashed, but then you throw a hissy fit about other people getting personal.

Bye.

Well people have been commenting that fans can go to the cricket and football in large numbers but weddings etc are still limited to 30 I think ?

I am not sure keeping restrictions for those gathering would be accepted if more crowds are let into sporting events .

Well people have been commenting that fans can go to the cricket and football in large numbers but weddings etc are still limited to 30 I think ?

I am not sure keeping restrictions for those gathering would be accepted if more crowds are let into sporting events .

All down to space, ventilation and outdoors verses indoors for me.

If someone is having an outdoor wedding ceremony then sure invite 20,000 pissed cricket fans.

Using the example that travel was allowed last year is absolute folly. It was a complete clusterfuck that in part led towards the devastating second wave (not exclusive to the UK) in the Autumn and ultimately the lockdown and seeing schools closed again.

You learn from mistakes not repeat them.

Domestically I think we would have been on course for a full opening up, with restrictions on international travel if it wasn’t for the delta variant. It’s now clear we need two doses to break the infection chains of this variant, if we can get second doses up to 80% and see the lay of the land then international travel with testing could take place sensibly.

Using the example that travel was allowed last year is absolute folly. It was a complete clusterfuck that in part led towards the devastating second wave (not exclusive to the UK) in the Autumn and ultimately the lockdown and seeing schools closed again.

Domestically I think we would have been on course for a full opening up, with restrictions on international travel if it wasn’t for the delta variant. It’s now clear we need two doses to break the infection chains of this variant, if we can get second doses up to 80% and see the lay of the land then international travel with testing could take place sensibly.
I have a fatherly vested interest in this and do agree up to a point so am possibly slightly biased! The standards weren’t set up despite being discussed over a year ago.

Reactions: DJ

Oh and my ambition is to post something that DJ can’t knock over in seconds. ;-)

Reactions: DJ
Hard to get my head round some of the info on there. Seems to me it confirms growth in the unvaccinated, and that the pressure on hospitals is well within planned for/normal parameters. (and way below what the infamous models predict - esp Dr death Fergusons lot at Imperial College !).
Bottom line is keep jabbing.

Spot on really. Also a key note is how low the 0-9 age groups are. The lowest prevalence group that’s unvaccinated by some distance. Only slightly above the over 60’s and better than the over 40’s.

Sure I heard yesterday that because of the amount of spectators at sporting events ,the restrictions on weddings will be lifted.

Sure I heard yesterday that because of the amount of spectators at sporting events ,the restrictions on weddings will be lifted.

Maybe .

Think the Mail were trying to stir things up by saying football and cricket are getting special dispensation to open up to more people !

;