Non - Pandemic

The point of government is to manage the risks so that the impact is between 0.00 and 99.99%

The distraction of claiming 100 or 110 % prepared has been used regularly by posters to defend the lack of planning and preparation.

What was the point regarding the performance of nervtag, sage and cobra that has been missed?

You don't appear to fully understand your own posts so it's hardly surprising you've completely misunderstood the point other posters are making.

Another Government minister saying July 19th looks good but numbers are going up I believe so not convinced at all .

With 60k at Wembley , full house at Wimbledon and 140k going to the F1 people will expect to see restrictions lifted generally though.

I was referring to your suggestion that there are posters on here who have said that we were fully prepared for a pandemic. Clueless as ever.
Flawed analysis.

Posters have referred to 100% ready, knowing exactly, crystal ball.

No one has ever claimed that the government was fully prepared, some have questioned the need to be prepared.

Some have questioned the existence of the Civil Contingencies Act and the National Risk Register.

Hence the still unanswered question as to what the poster understood to be the point of nervtag, sage, cobra.

Flawed analysis.

Posters have referred to 100% ready, knowing exactly, crystal ball.

No one has ever claimed that the government was fully prepared, some have questioned the need to be prepared.

Some have questioned the existence of the Civil Contingencies Act and the National Risk Register.

Hence the still unanswered question as to what the poster understood to be the point of nervtag, sage, cobra.

Some have pointed out that not a single comparable country was adequately prepared and therefore it is completely unrealistic to suggest the UK was ever likely to be fully prepared. Others have ignored this point hundreds of times and wasted everyone's time with their constant shitposting.

Another Government minister saying July 19th looks good but numbers are going up I believe so not convinced at all .

With 60k at Wembley , full house at Wimbledon and 140k going to the F1 people will expect to see restrictions lifted generally though.

I would rather take advice and listen to this person than a politician.

Link between COVID-19 and hospital admissions and deaths 'weakened but not broken'

Professor Stephen Powis, national medical director of NHS England, said told the BBC's Andrew Marr show: "Public Health England are monitoring the data carefully and are reporting that vaccines give over 90% protection against severe disease, in other words, hospitalisation, so the link is not totally broken, but it's severely weakened."

Professor Powis added some habits would be "really good" to keep after the pandemic, such as people washing their hands more frequently and not going into work if they're feeling unwell.

"I think most people recognise that COVID will become an endemic disease, in other words, it will become one of the many viruses that we see particularly over the winter when the frequency is higher," he said.

"We deal with flu every year, we will have to deal with COVID. Of course, key to that is the autumn vaccine booster programme, which may well have to continue in coming years as well."

He added it was "too early to say" if COVID would be different each year in the same way the flu virus changes.

Prof Powis believed people would be more cautious and may continue to wear face masks after 19 July out of choice.

He said: "I think some people will choose to be more cautious.

"Some people may choose to wear face masks in particular circumstances, such as crowded environments, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

"Those habits to reduce infections are a good thing to keep."

Last edited:
July 19th looks good but numbers are going up I believe so not convinced at all .

Me neither.

Found out yesterday that two people I know have got it.

Both in their fifties, both double vaccinated.

One poorly at home, one in hospital on oxygen.

I'm really not sure this is anywhere near 'over'

Me neither.

Found out yesterday that two people I know have got it.

Both in their fifties, both double vaccinated.

One poorly at home, one in hospital on oxygen.

I'm really not sure this is anywhere near 'over'

Pity some politicians haven’t got the message that the BMA are trying to get across to them.

Some have pointed out that not a single comparable country was adequately prepared and therefore it is completely unrealistic to suggest the UK was ever likely to be fully prepared. Others have ignored this point hundreds of times and wasted everyone's time with their constant shitposting.
Fuly prepared is never an expectation for anyone who referred to the civil contingency act or national risk register. It is a distraction from those who can't understand or explain the point of cobra, sage, nervtag.

As has been explained the UK civil contingency act applies to the UK.

The performance of other governments is not a factor.

Fuly prepared is never an expectation for anyone who referred to the civil contingency act or national risk register. It is a distraction from those who can't understand or explain the point of cobra, sage, nervtag.

As has been explained the UK civil contingency act applies to the UK.

The performance of other governments is not a factor.

Of course its a factor. You can only judge the performance of someone against others in order to determine what was possible. I'm suggesting it was not possible or likely that any UK government would have been fully prepared. There's loads that this government got wrong but the fact that no government has performed well provides important context.

With Javid taking over as health secretary, is he really the best person for the job or just happened to be convenient at the time?

It saved the need for a cabinet reshuffle.

Javid is more an economist, so it will be interesting how he gets on in this job.

Javid is one of Johnson's boys, a true populist. He's already ignoring the science to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

;