Non - Pandemic

From the beginning some idiot folk have been taking the p*ss by signing into pubs with made - up names...
My neighbour who works in Spoons told me of a sorry bint that signs in everyday as ' The Queen'..with different phone numbers and postcodes..she reported her to the Police 3 months back...f√ck all done about it...and the dozy management haven't even attempted to ban her from their premises. ( because she spends a lot on beer) Loopy!

Only a core element of the population is hell bent on eradicating this Pandemic!

Last edited:
From the beginning some idiot folk have been taking the p*ss by signing into pubs with made - up names...
My neighbour who works in Spoons told me of a sorry bint that signs in everyday as ' The Queen'..with different phone numbers and postcodes..they reported her to the Police 3 months back...f√ck all done about it.

Only a core element of the population is hell bent on eradicating this Pandemic!
Maybe the police are still checking the post codes and phone numbers, or maybe Buck Palace won't let them in to interview Her Majesty.............................................................;)

Got informed last night that year 10 at Poole Grammar school are having to self isolate for 10 days because of a confirmed Covid case in the year bubble.

My son is not happy, can't leave the house until a week Monday and all next weeks lessons will be on zoom and moodle.

What joy for a 14 year old who enjoys being outside.

It’s crazy.

You could have a family where mum/dad gets it from work, passes it on to brother and sister, who then test positive.

Then you could under the current regulations and depending on how the school bubbles work you could have two classes and teachers and assistants all in isolation for ten days. 60+ children and 4+ adults. All because of 2 positive tests.

One of the main problems re the NHS is that so many staff who have had both vaccinations are being told to self isolate for 10 days by track and trace. My daughter, a doctor was working at Southampton Hospital yesterday from 8 until 5 but they were so busy she didn’t leave until 6 and they are short staffed due to so many staff having to self isolate. I really don’t see the point of this.

We must be getting near the point where aiming for herd immunity is the goal.

All vulnarable people and every one over 40 (that wants it) is now vaccinated so the evidence is certainly going that way.

If not, we could be opening up then locking down again forever. I don't see how the inevitable mass unemployment is going to help anyone long term.

All viruses mutate over time.
Nervtag, sage would know this and be looking to minimise the impact of the variant.

So you’re saying when this erupted in Wuhan 19 months ago, the government should have known exactly how its transmissible, the symptoms, the severity, the effect on different ethnic backgrounds, the effect on different ages, the difference it has on weight, existing conditions etc and the fact that the hundreds of not thousands of different variants that’ll stem from the original virus will all have different aspects to those listed above.

Plan all you want but unless you have a crystal ball you can’t do everything.

You are genuinely either really poorly educated or just trying to wind everyone.

All vulnarable people and every one over 40 (that wants it) is now vaccinated so the evidence is certainly going that way.

If not, we could be opening up then locking down again forever. I don't see how the inevitable mass unemployment is going to help anyone long term.
Plus add in those that have had COVID and now have some immunity (particularly in the young population) and herd immunity is getting very close.

Covid: Doctors want to keep some measures after 19 July https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57703959

I would rather take their advice over any politician.

Not been wearing a mask outside and kept to social distancing.

But on hospital visits have and will continue to wear one.

If it protects people from catching viruses and putting more pressure on our overworked NHS, can’t see the harm in wearing masks on public transport and in shops etc where the medical people advise.

So you’re saying when this erupted in Wuhan 19 months ago, the government should have known exactly how its transmissible, the symptoms, the severity, the effect on different ethnic backgrounds, the effect on different ages, the difference it has on weight, existing conditions etc and the fact that the hundreds of not thousands of different variants that’ll stem from the original virus will all have different aspects to those listed above.

Plan all you want but unless you have a crystal ball you can’t do everything.

You are genuinely either really poorly educated or just trying to wind everyone.
Probably best to refer to published information to be properly educated on the subject...

Role of group
NERVTAG is an expert committee of the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), which advises the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and, through the CMO, ministers, DHSC and other government departments.

It provides scientific risk assessment and mitigation advice on the threat posed by new and emerging respiratory viruses and on options for their management.

New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Other useful background information is available on the National Risk Register for those who wish to self educate

This document series brings together all issues of the government's National Risk Register of Civil Emergencies from 2008 to 2017.
This collection was withdrawn on 15 March 2021
This page is superseded by the National Risk Register 2020.

[Withdrawn] National Risk Register (NRR) of Civil Emergencies - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I think it’s quite clear that the govt now adopted a live with covid strategy.

There are plenty of unknowns with long covid, new variants etc. But they are all unknowns and what ifs and we can’t carry on fearing what’s lurking in the shadows like independent sage would like. They may well prove to be right. But at what other costs?

The problem with the strategy is once again children and schools have been forgotten.

I think it’s quite clear that the govt now adopted a live with covid strategy.

There are plenty of unknowns with long covid, new variants etc. But they are all unknowns and what ifs and we can’t carry on fearing what’s lurking in the shadows like independent sage would like. They may well prove to be right. But at what other costs?

The problem with the strategy is once again children and schools have been forgotten.
I think its good you bring this perspective for those who have no skin in the game.

Reactions: DJ
Probably best to refer to published information to be properly educated on the subject...

Role of group
NERVTAG is an expert committee of the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), which advises the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and, through the CMO, ministers, DHSC and other government departments.

It provides scientific risk assessment and mitigation advice on the threat posed by new and emerging respiratory viruses and on options for their management.

New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Other useful background information is available on the National Risk Register for those who wish to self educate

This document series brings together all issues of the government's National Risk Register of Civil Emergencies from 2008 to 2017.
This collection was withdrawn on 15 March 2021
This page is superseded by the National Risk Register 2020.

[Withdrawn] National Risk Register (NRR) of Civil Emergencies - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Shockingly you’ve completely missed my point.

The point of government is to manage the risks so that the impact is between 0.00 and 99.99%

The distraction of claiming 100 or 110 % prepared has been used regularly by posters to defend the lack of planning and preparation.

What was the point regarding the performance of nervtag, sage and cobra that has been missed?

;