Non - RIP Kobe

Bit of a shocker isn't it.

Obviously a MASSIVE star in the States....I only half followed Basketball....so only know the biggest names...including him. Horrible especially when his daughter was in there too.

Yes it was a shock frankly and I do follow basketball. I've watched him play and score 81 points destroying in one game, the Toronto Raptors. The bigger loss is his young daughter who just wanted to be with her dad on this trip.
It follows the unfortunate death of Roy Halliday the Toronto Blue Jay pitcher who got into difficulty when flying his own plane. With financial independence comes the sophisticated toys and with them sometimes accidents happen.
Witness the recent tragic loss of Emiliano Sala who although not flying his own plane, was the victim of a private plane loss.
This is not an endorsement of flying commercial because even then accidents happen, but perhaps athletes need to think twice before undertaking hazardous pastimes, especially where family is exposed.

Such a sad event, to such a hero to a lot of Americans. I've been in a couple of helicopters in my life but one phrase from a pilot that stuck with me
"its hard enough keeping a vehicle in the air without spinning the wings around on top of one"

I’ve always been nervous of helicopters too... planes can at least glide is my logic.

Massive star of his era. Equivalent of Beckham for us I guess.

The others weren’t famous you prick..... so therefore, in modern times it means nothing.

I’m sure 5 other people have died in helicopter crashes today alone across the globe, yet we will hear nothing of their loss, and do you care?

Do you not get how the media works?

I’ve always been nervous of helicopters too... planes can at least glide is my logic.

Massive star of his era. Equivalent of Beckham for us I guess.

Very sad news. Beckham was a friend I believe?

Helicopters are far safer than cars. Helicopters glide too..not sure many would fly them if they dropped like a stone with a single engine failure.

Druss, helicopters do not glide at all. They have no wings for lift, only rotors. When the rotors fail, or the engine, they essentially become dead weights, plummeting to the ground like a stone thrown in the air.

And before you drivel on about autorotation, please show me when a helicopter travelling at 250km per hour has a main rotor failure or an engine failure how autorotation would succeed.

And before you drivel on about autorotation, please show me when a helicopter travelling at 250km per hour has a main rotor failure or an engine failure how autorotation would succeed.

Dragon posts nonsense, then googles and realises he didnt know what he was talking about and now tries to backtrack and makeout it wouldnt work anyway.

Dragon posts nonsense, then googles and realises he didnt know what he was talking about and now tries to backtrack and makeout it wouldnt work anyway.

Haha yeah ok Druss.

For all the fake safety features in a helicopter..... tell me Einstein how a forward thrusting object with no wings can ‘glide’ when it loses its lift and thrust, when it relies on its rotors for lift.

Please do tell

Haha yeah ok Druss.

For all the fake safety features in a helicopter..... tell me Einstein how a forward thrusting object with no wings can ‘glide’ when it loses its lift and thrust, when it relies on its rotors for lift.

Please do tell

Wow, are you trolling?

;