Non - Rishi Sunak

A Tory grassroots campaign has been launched to purge moderate Conservative MPs from the party before the next election.
In a dramatic escalation in tensions within the party, the chief executive of the Conservative Democratic Organisation is calling on Tory members to target centrist MPs in a bid to make the party “more Conservative”.
The move marks the latest attempt by right-wing pressure groups to force the party further to the right in a bid to see off the threat of Reform UK.

I saw this, too. Apparently Tobias Elwood is on their purge list.

The MOD don't have enough hardware to supply ourselves never mind export anything meaningful to Israel, Ukraine or elsewhere. Especially since 2022.

Former minister and Conservative MP Dan Poulter has defected to Labour.

In an exclusive TV interview with the BBC, the MP for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich told Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg that he could no longer look his NHS colleagues in the eye and stay on as a Conservative.

Dr Poulter, who works part time as a doctor, said that Conservatives were no longer focused on public services.

This could be an 'annus mirabilis'...!

Sunak heading for possible resignation soon if he doesn't sort the big problems prior to the Election...thinking of the Rwanda shambles primarily...which isn't going to happen!

Good News today with that useless swarthy pric resigning from the SNP....serve the b@stard right for rejecting and ejecting previously agreed and sealed Green Party policies.

Last edited:
HE said himself he's going to need a treaty with Rwanda.. and what's that going to say? They aren't going to sign up to anything unless there's bags of cash involved and even then they aren't going to allow the UK to send them unlimited asylum seekers - the treaty will need them to guarantee they aren't going to kick them out at some point and it will also need to allow them to send them back.

Sunak is never going to be able to bypass all of that before the next election but at least he can bang on about sticking it to the European Court to try and fool a few Brexit voters to vote for him.
He's full of sh*t. What's his new law going to say? Rwanda has the right to refuse any asylum seeker which by default will mean any failed asylum applications end up here whilst the successful ones stay in Rwanda?

He might be full of sh*t but his 'new law' is exactly that and says this.( I only countered it because you attempted to shoot me down on the issue back then)

That aside does anyone think that those who've gone to the trouble to still report should be given leave to stay in the UK until their appeals are heard. 62% have gone walkies.

Last edited:
This could be an 'annus mirabilis'...!

Sunak heading for possible resignation soon if he doesn't sort the big problems prior to the Election...thinking of the Rwanda shambles primarily...which isn't going to happen!

Good News today with that useless swarthy pric resigning from the SNP....serve the b@stard right for rejecting and ejecting previously agreed and sealed Green Party policies.
“Swarthy”?

No way will that many Tories jump ship for a general election, always happens in bi-election. Once happened locally!

That's always providing some of their current MPs are still in the same party by then of course.

Meanwhile the latest polls out today lol

View attachment 14185

Lets just zoom in on the seat estimates to see this hung parliament prediction...

View attachment 14186
That would make it the highest percentage of the popular vote since Wilson in '66 where there were no Greens, Reform, SNP or Plaid to eat away at the votes. I've no doubt Labour will win but I have extreme doubts they would get that level of vote share.

That would make it the highest percentage of the popular vote since Wilson in '66 where there were no Greens, Reform, SNP or Plaid to eat away at the votes. I've no doubt Labour will win but I have extreme doubts they would get that level of vote share.

Oh I agree, it wont be close to that. I posted it because I thought RHs comments that predictions show a hung parliament were about as hopeful as Comical Ali having a press conference to say Iraq were winning the war while US tanks could be seen in the streets of Bagdad behind him.

No way will that many Tories jump ship for a general election, always happens in bi-election. Once happened locally!

That's always providing some of their current MPs are still in the same party by then of course.
There is an argument that goes, if you want to spark fresh growth you may want cut back as far as possible.

Seems Labour are trying to be an extremely broad church for votes from all sides, given they're taking in an ERG immigration minimalist. Just as a political case study, it's going to be interesting to see how Starmer holds his party together and where he steers it over the coming years after assuming power. There's a hell of a lot of differing voices going on there.

;