Non - Scottish Independence

What self respecting Scot wants people like Shapp's or Braverman...or f√cking Gove...making policy to affect life in their communities...come on For F√ck Sake !

If Sturgeon is a wicked witch...then what are likes of Truss, Patel, Leadsom, Davidson..there are more in there...
..and further back bitch-witches Widdecombe, Currie and one Margaret Thatcher.
I'll leave May off the list..I think was a decent human being.
Sturgeon did a steadfast and honourable job in the Covid period for her people..excellent communication and stood up to Boris without the slightest flinch from duty !

If Sturgeon is a wicked witch...then what are likes of Truss, Patel, Leadsom, Davidson..there are more in there...
..and further back bitch-witches Widdecombe, Currie and one Margaret Thatcher.
I'll leave May off the list..I think was a decent human being.
Sturgeon did a steadfast and honourable job in the Covid period for her people..excellent communication and stood up to Boris without the slightest flinch from duty !
Sturgeon did nothing during Covid. She waited 2 or 3 days after the Tories had leaked their plans, waited to see the publics reaction and then if it was positive she just followed Johnson's lead.

Sturgeon did nothing during Covid. She waited 2 or 3 days after the Tories had leaked their plans, waited to see the publics reaction and then if it was positive she just followed Johnson's lead.

Christ Almighty -that won't be the opinion of millions - that's for sure !

She didn't do Anything ?.Nothing ?...and the Tories did Everything...yeah OK !

Christ Almighty -that won't be the opinion of millions - that's for sure !

She didn't do Anything ?.Nothing ?...and the Tories did Everything...yeah OK !
That's right. The Tories did loads, more wrong than right. Sturgeon never took a lead, she waited on every decision and then went one way or the other a couple of days later .

No one does, but the reactions were there for all to see.

So Sturgeon got it all wrong and the Tories got it right ?
Once again ..I think Millions will have a different opinion.
But then this is the 'Afcb' Football Forum...Font of all Knowledge...
F√ck Me.. Why should Britain tremble!

So Sturgeon got it all wrong and the Tories got it right !
Once again ..I think Millions will have a different opinion.
But then this is the 'Afcb' Football Forum...Font of all knowledge...
**************** Me.. Why should Britain tremble!
I don't think that's what is being said.

This is the myth peddled by the English papers as they sought to support Johnson. The vast majority of Scots were pleased with Sturgeon’s handling of the pandemic. The same can’t be said for Johnson.

Referenda are a mistake in my opinion, but if we must have them, a time span should be applied ( perhaps ten years) to reflect the zeitgeist of the day.
As the political landscape gets more fragmented and polarized, I would like to see more referenda or at least referenda tied to the general election. The problem as I see it is that no established political party can cobble together strong coalitions. So, if I want to vote Conservative in Ontario, I have to swallow a party that is in bed with the developers and wants to build unwanted/unneeded highways and take conservation land. So, put those things on the docket and make them binding. I think this would also increase voter turnout, people feeling that they actually have a say in important/controversial issues.

There should also be some mechanism that ties campaign promises to governing. And conversely, to restrict elected governments from blind-siding the electorate by dropping new issues that were not raised in the campaigns. I realize that they have to deal with a changing landscape and sometimes sh*t happens (e.g. COVID), but I am seeing a lot of subterfuge at election time, with new unannounced "strategic" initiatives put in place once power is seized.

Was never a fan of minority governments but with the abuses now commonplace, a minority at least forces some checks and balances.

;