Non - Tesla

Dross,

Well they're not adding to climate change are they let's be honest before you go full lettuce about how they've enhanced mother nature for the better because like I just said they're doing it for money and themselves not for you or this planet.

I have many examples of how great China are in the modern era -Built modern houses with radioactive chemicals for people, many products containing lead paint which harms children's mental state across the world, feeding animals alive to predator animals at Zoo's and laughing about it, Eating cats, dogs, bats, pangolins raw and many more animals like they're a phucking biscuit, creating a mainstream market out of it, Nuclear spillages, an out of control population that threw their own offspring in the bin and on the road curbs a mere 20 years ago, Slave labour (who often gets the brunt of that), creating a monopoly of cheap made materials to harm everyone else and make themselves money, literally making plastic pasta and noodles in factories to sell to their own people and across the world as a cheap alternative, a society that is completely dependent on their Government giving them social credit points for being snitches or pretending to be moral, living a completely fabricated life. Is this the country your defending and want the West to aspire to be? Even if you were a Mao fan or fond of Communism, that's very cold and immoral stance for a lefty who cares about the environment to take. There's many more examples I can bring up and that's not even bringing the controversial COVID. But at least their high manufacturing of EV's has satisfied Druss. To summarize that's how out of touch you really are, you're an out of date sausage.
And although I've just told you more truth's in a few paragraphs than you've likely heard in your whole adult life and it's a bitter pill to swallow, it's a pill you really must swallow if you're ever going to tackle a discussion from a point a view from what your mind wants to hear or believe because it makes you feel better or because it suits your own political allegiance.

Last edited:
Hey Reservoir_Vlad, you've forgotten to mention actually trying to cut population growth by only allowing one child per couple in cities for decades - unlike every other country in the whole world. :innocent:

Hey Reservoir_Vlad, you've forgotten to mention actually trying to cut population growth by only allowing one child per couple in cities for decades - unlike every other country in the whole world. :innocent:

In context Trevor the population of Europe is 750m, and if you add the population of USA, Canada, Australia and NZ the population equates to 1.4 Billion which is still short of China's is 1.5 Billion, hopefully that clears up any fears you have of one child per couple in the West or other Western influenced countries.

Together China and India have a population of 4 Billion, and clearly those two countries are what the West should aim to be as they're both countries of morals, mother nature, planet earth, human and animal welfare. We should all be hanging off trains to get to work everyday, defecating in the sea and throwing our offspring in the bin because they're not what we wanted. We should be governed by Chinese and Indians we'd save a pretty penny and sacrifice everything we ever had going for us to make some people feel better on social media.

Dross,

Well they're not adding to climate change are they let's be honest before you go full lettuce about how they've enhanced mother nature for the better because like I just said they're doing it for money and themselves not for you or this planet.

I have many examples of how great China are in the modern era -Built modern houses with radioactive chemicals for people, many products containing lead paint which harms children's mental state across the world, feeding animals alive to predator animals at Zoo's and laughing about it, Eating cats, dogs, bats, pangolins raw and many more animals like they're a phucking biscuit, creating a mainstream market out of it, Nuclear spillages, an out of control population that threw their own offspring in the bin and on the road curbs a mere 20 years ago, Slave labour (who often gets the brunt of that), creating a monopoly of cheap made materials to harm everyone else and make themselves money, literally making plastic pasta and noodles in factories to sell to their own people and across the world as a cheap alternative, a society that is completely dependent on their Government giving them social credit points for being snitches or pretending to be moral, living a completely fabricated life. Is this the country your defending and want the West to aspire to be? Even if you were a Mao fan or fond of Communism, that's very cold and immoral stance for a lefty who cares about the environment to take. There's many more examples I can bring up and that's not even bringing the controversial COVID. But at least their high manufacturing of EV's has satisfied Druss. To summarize that's how out of touch you really are, you're an out of date sausage.
And although I've just told you more truth's in a few paragraphs than you've likely heard in your whole adult life and it's a bitter pill to swallow, it's a pill you really must swallow if you're ever going to tackle a discussion from a point a view from what your mind wants to hear or believe because it makes you feel better or because it suits your own political allegiance.

You stated China would continue to ignore EVs and carry on building ICE cars. I pointed out they are doing the exact opposite and you somehow try to spin that to..

"Is this the country your defending and want the West to aspire to be?"

Weird world you live in.

Its like they read the forum, BBC South Today just now had a segment about EV development and its challenges locally and nationally.

An EV enthusiast who lives in a block of flats explained how leasehold law prevents the installation of communal charging infrastructure. Who would pay for it? Government are looking into ways to sort it.

A economist talked about the liklihood of a new monetary charging system to replace the tax take lost through the reduction in petrol tax and car tax. Perhaps the electricity for cars specifically costing more somehow, but more likely a toll tax, they thought.

BCP council had a representative on to say their fleet of various vehicles has a fair bit of life left yet and they were waiting until nearer 2030 to see how things looked, before replacing it all with whatever seemed the best nearer the time.

They also touched on low emission E10 fuel for existing car engines, which apparently we can expect to see shortly.

I've read elsewhere that although E10 does produce less CO2 per gallon, being less efficient you'll burn through more of it, so it might be a false economy. That and engines varying in suitability for it. That's just stuff I've read though so take with a pinch of salt.

Interesting segment.

Personally won't be likely to look at EV for some years yet. I'll be interested in how the block of flats scenario develops.

I also hope for Tesla's sake Mr Musk can keep his nose clean with the SEC! His lot do produce some lovely looking things and the world needs people like him.

My daughter lives on a new build estate and about three feet up the streetlights there is a break designed to fit charging points once the tech is developed. It's a way off yet but it is on the way.

Tesla is recalling hundreds of thousands of cars in the United States over fears their full self-driving (FSD) software may cause a crash.

https://news.sky.com/story/tesla-re...f-driving-software-may-cause-crashes-12812624

I see the bottom has also fallen out of the EV market. Many motor dealers are refusing to take them in part ex as they simply cannot move them on.

Before druss comes at me like a rabid dog asking for proof ;)..'tis here.

https://www.am-online.com/news/used...-ice-used-cars-saw-25-uplift-in-auction-sales

Last edited:
I mean, it's your own link so you could at least read it:

"With lead times now reducing, Tesla new car price reductions and new EV finance offers that make purchase more affordable than many used alternatives, pre-owned EVs are looking less appealing."

So it's a temporary measure whilst a price correction takes hold.

"With lead times now reducing, Tesla new car price reductions and new EV finance offers that make purchase more affordable than many used alternatives, pre-owned EVs are looking less appealing."

Beat me to it.

This is a sign of mass adoption not a collapse.

Electric cars are just a waste of resources in the false pursuit of alleged zero carbon. Virtue signalling of the highest order. If the planet needs saving from mankind, which I am not convinced it does, in terms of ´carbon’ then electric cars are definitely not the answer. But an easy solution that governments have jumped on. Pathetic

Electric cars are just a waste of resources in the false pursuit of alleged zero carbon. Virtue signalling of the highest order. If the planet needs saving from mankind, which I am not convinced it does, in terms of ´carbon’ then electric cars are definitely not the answer. But an easy solution that governments have jumped on. Pathetic

Not really down to governments although they have used it as an easy win for their green policies.

The transition to electric has been driven by a company that didn't exist 20 yrs ago completely disrupting the automotive market. The government couldn't stop the transition even it they wanted to. By the end of the decade about a third of the product on the market will be from China

I read the link thanks and the bottom has fallen out of the market. There is also a mass of info elsewhere to back this up but that was the first link I found to confirm. That said I read lots of motoring forums so might be more sensitive to news like this.

Its as current as the market dictates, which would appear to be for some time. 'Correction' is market speak for dealers loaded with stock they can't sell.

Last edited:

;