Non - Tesla

Lol. For 2 years you couldn't buy a new car without at least a 6 month wait, meaning prices for second hand cars shot through the roof. Now you can actually buy new cars the second hand market is dropping. Apparently that means EVs are failing.

Meanwhile 40% of all new cars being bought this year are electric.... Weird that

My company looked at the viability of electric lorries. The advice we were given was they are fine as you run them unladen, fully laden the charge in the battery will run down quicker than a fast thing. So we just fitted our existing fleet with a gismo that's meant to cut emissions and carried on. Maybe the technology has moved on since then, no idea.

Most motor and industrial equipment manufacturers are exploring hydrogen power as the way forward,

Not entirely true. For large industrial use it "might" be viable but the cost of creating the hydrogen and then storing it is massively uneconomical. Certainly car manufacturers have realised this for the most part.

Weirder still only 13% of vehicle sales last month were electric, a slump in sales apparently. Your forecast of the majority of cars being fully electric by 2030 looks like a pipe dream.

https://evpowered.co.uk/news/electric-car-sales-slump-to-13-of-new-registrations-in-january/

Prices of them are extortionate still, well out of reach to most people. Particularly with 'cost of living' crisis plodding on.

Good news I guess is hopefully seeing less of some of the awful looking teslas on the road, that bulbous suv thing and the model three already look dated and/or bland.

the only way to make a electric car feasible for myself would be to get alot of solar panels of roof and a few decent batteries for storage but that's the best part of 20k gone before you buy a car

;