Non: Train Strike

In fairness this has nothing to do with SWR.

Network Rail are responsible for maintaining the track. All the train operator can do is ensure the works are done at the least inconvenient time and provide bus replacements.

In fairness this has nothing to do with SWR.

Network Rail are responsible for maintaining the track. All the train operator can do is ensure the works are done at the least inconvenient time and provide bus replacements.
Accessible bus replacements!

Not to worry, at least we can all use the lovely new lifts they promised at Pokesdown station.. Oh.

Some kind of structure was being built there recently, plenty of scaffolding went up and I wondered if this was what it was for but nothing much has happened as usual since.
At least we have our nice guardian angels there now to try and stop the amount of fatalities we have unfortunately had to deal with all summer.

You could try National Express coaches.

I did last Sunday to get to London.

Gets about a 5 out of ten from me, but you get there.

Used the coach twice this year to London, prefer the train but even with a rail card the train has out priced itself.

The previous operator as far as I am concerned seem to have more cheap offers and Advantage fares.

If we went up on a Sunday used to drive to the Old Deer Park Car Park at Richmond and get train into Waterloo.

27 days???
Plus no trains Xmas and Boxing Day?

What a shi*thouse company.

Up there with the Royal Mail, doing their best that ex pats don't get their general election postal votes again.

That's going to Bollox up Chelsea away

Plus Christmas and New Year.

Booked our tickets two hours before story broke.

RMT workers are due to go on strike on the following:

From 00:01 on Monday 2 December until 23:59 on Wednesday 11 December

From 00:01 on Friday 13 December until 23:59 on Tuesday 24 December

From 00:01 on Friday December 27 until 23:59 on 1 January

Just hope this will bring it to a head and something will be sorted.

I know this will affect me but I believe in having trained guards on the trains.

The previous company from what I can remember had no dispute re guards.
Previous company had no dispute because their operating model would have costed guards in. The Govt has no issue with it(as proven by number of railway franchises who already operate without guards) , and actively expect operators to minimise costs (thus potentially reducing cost to taxpayer in any levy or grants?)
There are many outsourcing activities where the Govt set out expectations, and quietly sit back and let the private company take the flack, they are more practised and likely to succeed with implementing the change than nationalised industry or local authority.

Plus Christmas and New Year.

Booked our tickets two hours before story broke.

RMT workers are due to go on strike on the following:

From 00:01 on Monday 2 December until 23:59 on Wednesday 11 December

From 00:01 on Friday 13 December until 23:59 on Tuesday 24 December

From 00:01 on Friday December 27 until 23:59 on 1 January
Whats happening on the 12th December?
Don't tell me Christmas party.

Thanks for the heads up BTK

Going by past experience traveling on that line during business as usual, versus on strike services, that line is so poorly serviced with delays and over-crowding anyway that I doubt anyone will notice the difference with the strike reduced service.

I suspect the forewarning that it'll be crap pushes some people back to their cars*, and evens out the service reduction.

*Not exactly ideal either

Last edited:

;