Non....Women commentators

I read an article because a male jockey put a female jockey in her place. all of a sudden it comes under the banner of being sexist, If two male jockeys have an argument in the jockey room its ok. were are we going with this?
I know many jockeys who have arguments after a race, but it has nothing to do with sexism.

Sorry what? Put her in her place?

Where are you posting from? 1952?

Vicky Sparks okay today but Karen Carney is so clichéd and repetitive don’t rate her knowledge….no not because she is female!

Sorry what? Put her in her place?

Where are you posting from? 1952?
Yes, he put put her in her place, why not, there are many female jockeys who shouldn't be riding in professional races. races are very competitive.
I believe you have no idea what goes on in the jockey room.

Wonder how long until a woman manages a Premier League team?

All games should be commentated on by Solent Chris and Willo.
I expect we are not too far away from one of the AFCB ladies team giving their informed views on Parker's 4-3-3, or Billings lack of headed goals for someone so tall.

Yes, he put put her in her place, why not, there are many female jockeys who shouldn't be riding in professional races. races are very competitive.
I believe you have no idea what goes on in the jockey room.
You are right, I have no idea what goes on in the jockey room but my point was about your language.

'Putting her in her place' is a perfect example of the kind of unthinking sexism that pervades society. It is language that you wouldn't use about a man.

You display your old-fashioned and discriminatory views by your use of language I am afraid.

You are right, I have no idea what goes on in the jockey room but my point was about your language.

'Putting her in her place' is a perfect example of the kind of unthinking sexism that pervades society. It is language that you wouldn't use about a man.

You display your old-fashioned and discriminatory views by your use of language I am afraid.

Yeah I agree. Some rebalancing was needed. Not such an issue for the 'old guard' but I think it's starting to go to far the other way now, with equal opportunities/PC stuff around it.

Every man starts his life from inside a woman...for that reason of many..we should respect them 100%.
Of course the differences between man and woman are vast..and that will lead to a degree of banter....and...and that will come from women too...they have their jokes about men....but that's all it is ..joking.
Snowflakes and the younger generations in general, need to take a broader view on things... for example, foreigners do jokes about the English..it happens and thats once again, just humour...there is no need for it to harm if taken in spirit and stride.

Every man starts his life from inside a woman...for that reason of many..we should respect them 100%.
Of course the differences between man and woman are vast..and that will lead to a degree of banter....and...and that will come from women too...they have their jokes about men....but that's all it is ..joking.
Snowflakes and the younger generations in general, need to take a broader view on things... for example, foreigners do jokes about the English..it happens and thats once again, just humour...there is no need for it to harm if taken in spirit and stride.
What's a snowflake?

Yeah. I'm glad I have a daughter as I think life will be much harder for men in decades to come.

So much is geared towards feminine now, masculinity becoming a negative term - and I don't mean men domineering, ******************************** types being brought into line.

More men, althjough decent people, becoming limp wristed, sexless etc

I don't think it will benefit society in the long term.

What's a snowflake?

An over- sensitive person, easily offended..and unable to deal with opposing opinions....other variations of meaning exist as far as I know..
..its a modern somewhat derogatory term...I didn't invent it...but for the time being its handy!
I think most of us for one reason or another have had jokes, banter or attempted bullying pushed upon us during our lives.

I like to have a commentator that understands the sport at the top level, be it football, cricket, rugby or whatever. So that means it is invariably an ex player who is able to give a good insight into what is happening, the mindset of the players, the tactics etc etc. Now try marrying that up with the ability to actually commentate in a clear concise manner and there are not many that I really like.
I suppose that is why they often team up ex players with commentators so they can do both sides of it.
Cricket is an example of where I love to hear real top players relate to what is going on out in the middle. The views of someone like Boycott who actually faced (without a helmet !!!) the top Aussie and West Indies pace bowlers like Lillee, Thompson, Holding, Roberts etc describing what it is like out there and how best to play fast bowling is a real eye opener and great listening.
I cannot stand commentators who think they have to shout and screech in a high pitch to try and make it sound exciting Pearce and a few of the ladies are a bit like that. Just describe what is happening don't get hysterical.

Boycott : the best Sport commenter and pundit ever !...absolutely superb..riveting, sharp and incisive...doesn't suffer fools either !

An over- sensitive person, easily offended..and unable to deal with opposing opinions....other variations of meaning exist as far as I know..
..its a modern somewhat derogatory term...I didn't invent it...but for the time being its handy!
I think most of us for one reason or another have had jokes, banter or attempted bullying pushed upon us during our lives.

You mean like someone who gets upset when they see women doing jobs traditionally done by men?

I like to have a commentator that understands the sport at the top level, be it football, cricket, rugby or whatever. So that means it is invariably an ex player who is able to give a good insight into what is happening, the mindset of the players, the tactics etc etc. Now try marrying that up with the ability to actually commentate in a clear concise manner and there are not many that I really like.
I suppose that is why they often team up ex players with commentators so they can do both sides of it.
Cricket is an example of where I love to hear real top players relate to what is going on out in the middle. The views of someone like Boycott who actually faced (without a helmet !!!) the top Aussie and West Indies pace bowlers like Lillee, Thompson, Holding, Roberts etc describing what it is like out there and how best to play fast bowling is a real eye opener and great listening.
I cannot stand commentators who think they have to shout and screech in a high pitch to try and make it sound exciting Pearce and a few of the ladies are a bit like that. Just describe what is happening don't get hysterical.

In my opinion the vast majority football pundits and co commentators are crap. It's not necessarily their fault because the pace of the game doesn't lend itself to decent analysis.

Cricket is completely different because they have time to ramble on, which leads to some great punditry. If you did a poll of cricket and football fans I'm fairly certain the cricket commentators male and female would be rated far higher than their equivalents in football. I'd be surprised if the people here slating the female football commentators are actually big fans of the male ones either - they are all, mostly, crap.

You mean like someone who gets upset when they see women doing jobs traditionally done by men?

Yeah..you could bring that into it...like when my Mum made bombs in the 40s...however that was a sort of unique necessity...in a unique period - War...and it got us out of some sh*t ...same with women driving the tractors while the men were away.
No one got upset then did they ?
..now it seems the traditional aspect is slowly evaporating ..if a woman is capable of performing a task as well or better than a man..then she gets the job ..in peacetime....fair play.!

;