Nonny

When contacted by the Daily Echo, Cherries confirmed the clip of Nonny would not be used again this evening, saying the decision had been taken “due to an unresolved issue” which has arisen in recent weeks.

Back on topic.
So the speculation over why it's not been played ,now leads to speculation over what this "unresolved issue" could be.

I don’t think they have though. Hence the unresolved issue piece. It means something outside of the club is stopping it happening.

Had the club decided to get rid of it it would be a resolved issue.
Not necessarily external.

It could be that the club is thinking about it, but hasn't yet quite made up its mind. Or maybe they have, but they don't want to come out and say it.

"Unresolved" is a weaselly kind of word, doesn't really mean much, but enables the issue to be kicked into the long grass.

I know Nonny wasn't keen on others taking on his chant but at this point it's better the wider crowd keep it going. If we can't have the clip played, do it ourselves for him.

Will be interesting to see if CBS has Nonny playing at his next fight as you'd imagine the same issue could apply.

This assumes its not resved by AFCB by then.

I don’t think they have though. Hence the unresolved issue piece. It means something outside of the club is stopping it happening.

Had the club decided to get rid of it it would be a resolved issue.
Agreed. Complete speculation but it sounds to me like there might be a copyright issue.

Could be the image shown on the screen may be infringing copyright or data laws or might upset Johns family who knows. but i don't think the club would have an ulterior motive on this .

Could be the image shown on the screen may be infringing copyright or data laws or might upset Johns family who knows. but i don't think the club would have an ulterior motive on this .
From what I had read his family were happy for his appearance to be be screened at DC.Fairly sure his 'statue' in the gardens also had their blessing.

;