Nonny

Another entirely speculative suggestion…

Modern culture now seemingly driven by “identity politics” and all the related oddities … Is there a chance that some within club (with their corporate citizen hats on) are advancing an argument that actively supporting and enticing a chant of “red army” might in some way be offensive to some section of society due to its association with military action and its implicit support of the “white patriarchy.”

It could be that it's upset someone somehow but it's unlikely that the club have just come up with a perceived issue imo. If this is the reason there will have been some sort of complaint, which would explain radio silence because explaining the issue would potentially put some third party in the firing line.

I still think " Eddie had a dream " holds water for us. Its not a slur on Parker, O'Neil or Iraola, it's part of our history. People say we should move on but we should be proud of the story and of what Eddie did for the club.

It's not a case of moving on for me, but personally think it's too close still to when he was here, coupled with the fact he's very much still a manager, in the same division as us... albeit a higher division within the division. Clapping and singing his name when he plays us is fine, but not an official weekly occasion.

Dalglish was mentioned, but he has been nowhere near mgmt for decades now.

Not biggest issue in the world, but too early for it to be made into a 'thing' imo. Feels a bit weird to me.

Obviously others see it differently, which is fair enough

I would imagine Swindon , Bristol rovers , Reading , Exeter and all the rest would give us a pretty good rendition if we had to lower ourselves to play them in a Micky mouse cup game …yuck perish the thought
Perish the thought?? I was desperately hoping to draw Exeter away. Doable midweek trip away.

Well, in that case Ar

Well, in that case, Arsenal had better change their nickname.

The Gunners ? An outrageous celebration of militarism, and by extension, British imperialism !
Where will it end?

Derby maybe instructed to remove their mysoginistic nickname from Rams to Sheep

The club will have another excuse not to play Nonny when at home to Newcastle.....its remembrance weekend

Another entirely speculative suggestion…

Modern culture now seemingly driven by “identity politics” and all the related oddities … Is there a chance that some within club (with their corporate citizen hats on) are advancing an argument that actively supporting and enticing a chant of “red army” might in some way be offensive to some section of society due to its association with military action and its implicit support of the “white patriarchy.”
Hence the reason that there are RED ARMY flags hanging all around the Stadium structure and RED ARMY painted in massive letters in all the Home concourse's
The 'RED ARMY" part of Red Army does not seem to be the issue.

;