Nonny

I have e-mailed Liz Finney with a link to the Facebook message. Here are extracts:

"I wanted to to make you aware..."

"...that the club do something appropriate this Saturday to recognise and celebrate this great man and communicate to him how much he means to all of us."

"... the club dedicate the match."
Good idea. We need to do him proud.

That's so sad. Nonny is, in my view, an important part of what this club is all about.
100% agree, he's in the same tier of uberfan as the dearly departed Willis. Wednesday was crying out for him to liven up the crowd and players.
He'd always be on the same bus as me on my way to work about a decade ago, would always say hello and was more than happy to talk about anything to do with the club. Absolutely gutted for him and his family, he's a top bloke.

perhaps with the TedMac getting quite loud these days we could get it going between the two ends
Think this is a great idea & could really catch on. One end might still struggle to be as loud & passionate as our legend Nonny, but we should really give it go.
Thoughts are with you Nonny.

Terribly sad news, our thoughts are with Nonny and his family. He's been a staple of virtually every Cherries match I've been to, a genuine and genuinely top bloke.

He did a video of his matchday for the club a couple of seasons ago and for at least one of our Prem' seasons we had himself bellowing REEEEEED ARRRRRRRRMEEE just prior to kick off. Maybe they can play them and make him Fans Champion for the match.

Never had the chance to meet him but has been a massive part of a match day for me. No game feels right without at least one round of "Reeed Aaaaarrmmyyyy".

He epitomises what it is to be a supporter.

All the best to him and his family/friends.

Nonny is unique. He is the one man that has so much influence on the mood of our fans and indeed the players and the match itself. I've loved away grounds where his voice and our response has punctured the air and completely silenced the home support.

Whoever tries (and largely fails) to replicate his amazing voice on Saturday will have us all with them - and John in our hearts. The response will be loud and proud as ever.

Always.

Praying for him to pull through.

Anyone on the bus back from Morecambe to Blackpool for Vinny (Richmond Red's) stag do was lucky enough to hear his talk on 'boobs'. Very funny bloke.

Come on Nonny!!

We love you Nonny, we do.
Oh Nonny we love you....
Thank YOU.:bow:

Hoping with everything I have to see you at another game soon...

A great fan and known much more widely than just our supporters. Red army has been widely noticed through the football leagues. Unique to afcb and from a great bloke.

I did not know Nonny, but I always enjoyed his postings, and he was very kind to a friend of mine who has now sadly passed on, may I wish him all the bet

;