Nonny

Would there be a suitable minute for a round of applause (or a minutes of REEEEDDDD ARMMYYYT) for him as a show of support on Saturday?
Maybe the year of his birth or something?

Don’t know him, but have certainly heard him at Dean Court and at our away matches on TV and radio.

It’s like in the old stadium we could hear that deep voice come out during a game, ‘Come on Boscombe’, I think it was Welsh but could be wrong.

I heard Red Army at the game on Wednesday night, but from the Ted Mac stand.

It will be a sound sadly missed from the cheerleader in the North Stand around Dean Court.

This is the saddest AFCB news I can recall in a very long time.

For season after season, "Nonny, Nonny, give us a song." has been a part and parcel of a match followed by the response that we all know and love. Nonny is unique.

After the 3-0 win at Shrewsbury, one of their fans asked me after the match, "who was that guy shouting Red Army and then all your lot joined in? I wish we had someone like him."

My best memory was from Blyth, where Nonny managed 32 Reeeed Aaaaarrrrmys times before the thank you.

I don't know what, but something ought to be done on Saturday and communicated to Nonny to let him know how much we all appreciate his efforts to stir us into good voice.

;