Oh Dom

That is quite a damning still but stills can be misleading. In real time I was calling for a pen like everyone else, but maybe a bit half-heartily? One of those where you'd be mad if it were given against us.

Think it was Zemura who had a good case for a penalty turned down up the other end, no idea what that was about.

I've gone away and tried to find the highlights and see it back afresh, but neither AFCB's nor SSN's contain the chance unfortunately. From memory I just don't see it like that I'm afraid! I thought / think he has sufficient opportunity to edge right and open up to the keeper's left, before the covering defender is close enough.

Now this is on the highlights. Near post with 2 defenders and the keeper covering the area, to get low down and direct it to the empty far post. Yes it's harder! Especially for a forward who isn't the strongest scoring headers.

If we all stopped doing that then MOTD pundits would be out of business.... :)

https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/alternate-angle/alt-angle-pitchside-peer-for-blackpool/?autoplay=true
Incident is @ 2:11 after watching it again it is certainly a penalty
after the fair tackle Dom still has the ball the goalkeeper dives Dom moves the ball with his left foot away from the keeper and the keeper makes contact with Dom's right foot. certainly a penalty .

As I said on this thread on the night, some will insist it was a penalty after seeing the video replays. It wasn't.

That was exactly the point I was making Rob.... you've just misunderstood it.... nevermind it can happen to us all..:grinning:
I know you have form for changing your argument, so here's a reminder of what you said:

"He had too much time tbf.....some strikers struggle with those sort of chances....Dom is one of those imo.... he's better with an instinctive finish where he doesn't have time to over complicate things".

My point in reply was that he had thinking time for the goals I mentioned, and put them both away rather nicely.

I know you have form for changing your argument, so here's a reminder of what you said:

"He had too much time tbf.....some strikers struggle with those sort of chances....Dom is one of those imo.... he's better with an instinctive finish where he doesn't have time to over complicate things".

My point in reply was that he had thinking time for the goals I mentioned, and put them both away rather nicely.
No I'm afraid your still wrong Rob......I think anyone else on here will realise what the difference is between a one on one and the two goals he scored even if you don't.

Lol, now the phrase "one on one" gets introduced. You don't reckon he had "thinking time" for those two goals? Fair enough.

I'll let you carry one in case you start introducing other elements to the discussion. We could almost be back at the old Dean Court the way you shift the goalposts.

Lol, now the phrase "one on one" gets introduced. You don't reckon he had "thinking time" for those two goals? Fair enough.

I'll let you carry one in case you start introducing other elements to the discussion. We could almost be back at the old Dean Court the way you shift the goalposts.
It's not my fault you didn't read my post properly.....what I actually said was that he had too much time...........lol have a little think about that yourself Rob.

It's not my fault you didn't read my post properly.....what I actually said was that he had too much time...........lol have a little think about that yourself Rob.
Yawn... you actually said "he doesnt have time to over complicate things". Your words yes or no?

He had as much time for the Brum goal and the Blackpool goal. I don't think either were instinctive finishes. But you do.

Yawn... you actually said "he doesnt have time to over complicate things". Your words yes or no?

He had as much time for the Brum goal and the Blackpool goal. I don't think either were instinctive finishes. But you do.
Lol I know you have a history for not admitting your wrong when you are but this is fantastic!
Yes that's what I said .....go on have another read of that post I'm sure you'll eventually spot that I said he had too much time...... it's there Rob I promise... I'll tell you what I'll give you a clue...try starting from the beginning.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/alternate-angle/alt-angle-pitchside-peer-for-blackpool/?autoplay=true
Incident is @ 2:11 after watching it again it is certainly a penalty
after the fair tackle Dom still has the ball the goalkeeper dives Dom moves the ball with his left foot away from the keeper and the keeper makes contact with Dom's right foot. certainly a penalty .

Yeah, amazed how anybody can watch that and say it shouldn’t have been a pen. Whether and why Dom goes down is irrelevant, the keeper has made contact with Dom’s foot and not the ball.

Lol I know you have a history for not admitting your wrong when you are but this is fantastic!
Yes that's what I said .....go on have another read of that post I'm sure you'll eventually spot that I said he had too much time...... it's there Rob I promise... I'll tell you what I'll give you a clue...try starting from the beginning.
Tbf if there is one poster on this forum who is unable to ever admit that they are wrong/manipulates evidence to fit a pre conceived opinion then that’s you, not Rob. Sorry I like you and think you post some interesting stuff, but it’s true.

Tbf if there is one poster on this forum who is unable to ever admit that they are wrong/manipulates evidence to fit a pre conceived opinion then that’s you, not Rob. Sorry I like you and think you post some interesting stuff, but it’s true.
Have you got any evidence to back up that pre conceived opinion?

;