Oscar Zambrano

It’s only highlights but he looks like a top passer of the ball.

Assuming his positions are the 6 or the 8, I am curious to see what the plan is for him, especially being so young and given how busy it is in the middle with Cook, Christie, Scott and Adams returning from injury soon.

Possibly a loan to start?
Maybe a Cook understudy (loan possibly being part of that role, especially if all of our midfield is fit at some point)? If we keep current form we might get some interest in Cook this summer or next, have his possible replacement time to bed in.

If this article is to be believed Luton have already placed a bid and Man Utd also keen.

One if my first thoughts was if he has that much potential, or even just chance of being good top flight player, this being leaked to the press does us little favour in securing a deal.

5.5 mill is pocket change in todays game. If he's that good, it'll only serve to alert other clubs... imo.

I'll check football manager and revert back shortly mate;)

Maybe a Cook understudy (loan possibly being part of that role, especially if all of our midfield is fit at some point)? If we keep current form we might get some interest in Cook this summer or next, have his possible replacement time to bed in.
Possibly.

Foley is a smart man and it’s obvious that he is recruiting for performance and ROI. Buy young, develop and sell.

I can see that happening with a good number of players in addition to Cook.

You’re always in a better spot selling when you already have potential replacements in house, versus having to go get them after everyone knows you’ve just cashed in and need to replace.

Possibly.

Foley is a smart man and it’s obvious that he is recruiting for performance and ROI. Buy young, develop and sell.

You’re always in a better spot selling when you already have potential replacements in house, versus having to go get them after everyone knows you’ve just cashed in and need to replace.

Much as I hate corporate clichés, very much fits into the tiresome adage of 'be proactive rather than reactive'.

I was assured by someone close to a former legend manager of club and the chap rumoured to be leaving, that the guy rumoured to be leaving is absolutely... urrgggh... leaving.

I think Hughes is extremely competent, but I reckon Foley is in consultation with extremely smart people in the game/sport, abd they have clearly mapped vision/plan for us/him.

Suspect foley is buying into Brighton type moneyball route... and by that, I don't mean just signing load of unknow players for 5 mill. I do think we'll see a number of players arrive each year, similsr to profile of this guy..'grooming' hot prospects into way we play from young age, perhaps going out on a few season long loans... or I itialky signing for one of other clubs foley has stake in, before the best ones eventually join us, after proving themselves 'worthy' armed with a freshly pressed euro passport....

Hughes is extremely competent, but imo, he doesn't fit the mold for what foley and associates are looking to implement. He's leaving not because he's bad at his job. But like defoe or Murray... doesn't fit the profile for whst I imagine extremely switched on people behind the scenes have evaluated side decided on likely path to success...

The bloke is loaded, has extremely wealthy investors also on board. He's extremely successful. I honestly believe this is just the beginning and he is utterly (ruthkessky?) determined to eventually achieve success with us on European scale.

Not saying I'm expecting thst, but given what I've read about him, his undeniable success in other domains... he's a winner and will put everything he's got into taking us to realms probably no one thought possible before. Amount we've spent km players since arrival is almost incomprehensible in short space of time... for us. This will continue imo, as much as ffp allows, his finance guys will be looking to ensure we're able to push tgst to the max.

We tried to sign daka in summer. Would have completed if a more appealing club had approached Moore. Daka is apparently on 50-70k a week... fact we were in market for players in that ballpark and it only collapsed due to Moore not agreeing to loan, shows we still have decent spending power, and foley has signed it off as... yku don't soend money he/we have unless you have genuine ambition imo.

Demin era and Demin himself was incredible of course. And most of us I guess were/are happy with decent football and retaining pl status. Foley actions says to me he wants more than thst.

I reckon he and his directors/advisors go every minute of detail throughout club. Evidenced by whst I read about knomights nhl team abd rapid rise to success after being formed

Still recall thst cold winters day losing to Barnet at home. Who in a million years would have envisaged where we are now... and what I think cohkd very well happen over tge next few years.

As you mentioned with transfer policy... v
Clear going for young players, many of whom are regarded in game as being capable of becoming full internationals for England.

Solanke most likely of course in near future.
Scott also, perhaps 2 or 3 years.both displaying signs of being 50 to 100 mill players... perhaps getting carried away, but 100 not totally crazy, if inflation continues.

Aarons extremely well regarded in game 2 years ago. If he continues to step up,...

I reckon we benefitted from ffp in signing Scott actually. 10 years ago a bigger stature club wkukd have secured a deal, then hardly played him, or loaned out for 2 or 3 years hoping he'd deliver. Not nig deal if he didn't, discard him and continues signing other high potential youngsters. Now tgey have to give more thought to where they allocate funds, as also need immediate impact. *unless you're Chelsea of course, and have some weird thing setup to keep dancing round loopholes/ffp...long contracts... Saudi- allegedly. Clearly they're happy to operate in extremely dark grey areas...as most clubs are tbf. Tends to be a trsit of extremely successful, ambitious, competitive, 'goal orietated' , wealthy men. Man City case is going to be interesting... and extremely awkward for pl when tgey finalky unravel that spiderweb/maze. Allegedly if some of those 100+ breaches are true...probably coincide with them joining euro league tbh. Like I say, very awkward situation for pl to deal with... and if true, can't see how they can wriggle out of it without serious disciplinary action.

Last edited:
Possibly.

That's 100 per cent why Foley publicly stated he was disappointed we missed out on Jackson.

Arguments aside about how good or bad Jackson is it would have allowed Foley to sell Solanke for a major profit.

Nobody knew Solanke would have hit form and probably have a 50 million plus price tag on his head.

What you do need is a back up, which we don't currently have.

Moore is the only recognised striker behind Solanke and he is about to get offloaded.

Despite the arguments about who is the better striker, Jackson could easily have deputised in Solankes absence.

Foley is a businessman, and 50 million off the FFP burden is a huge amount., and an easy sell if you have a back up, which we don't.

If Solanke gets crocked, it will further expose that you need 2 players for each position, and up top we simply don't have a plan B.

Jackson was the perfect signing for the buy low sell high mantra that Foley has adopted.

Both Jackson and Solanke are valued much higher than their initial purchase price.

Never believe any speculation about any player signings. Always wait until the player is wearing an AFCB shirt and being interviewed on COWS.
Fabrizio Romano is a very, very good source for rumours though. He's one for the few that if he reports it, you can take it with a large bit of confidence. Now this doesn't mean it's nailed on, but it's a good start!

It’s only highlights but he looks like a top passer of the ball.

Assuming his positions are the 6 or the 8, I am curious to see what the plan is for him, especially being so young and given how busy it is in the middle with Cook, Christie, Scott and Adams returning from injury soon.

Possibly a loan to start?

Sounds like a multi club type signing. France or Scotland until he qualifies for a work permit?

That's 100 per cent why Foley publicly stated he was disappointed we missed out on Jackson.

Arguments aside about how good or bad Jackson is it would have allowed Foley to sell Solanke for a major profit.

Nobody knew Solanke would have hit form and probably have a 50 million plus price tag on his head.

What you do need is a back up, which we don't currently have.

Moore is the only recognised striker behind Solanke and he is about to get offloaded.

Despite the arguments about who is the better striker, Jackson could easily have deputised in Solankes absence.

Foley is a businessman, and 50 million off the FFP burden is a huge amount., and an easy sell if you have a back up, which we don't.

If Solanke gets crocked, it will further expose that you need 2 players for each position, and up top we simply don't have a plan B.

Jackson was the perfect signing for the buy low sell high mantra that Foley has adopted.

Both Jackson and Solanke are valued much higher than their initial purchase price.
Agree. The importance of building a balanced squad.

Sounds like this is done as Foley mentions it in the video interview.

Will be loaned straight out to one of the other clubs (mentions Hibs and Lorient).

Sounds like this is done as Foley mentions it in the video interview.

Will be loaned straight out to one of the other clubs (mentions Hibs and Lorient).
L'Orient need to up their game as they are struggling at the bottom of the French League.
Their defence is shipping in goals (2 per game) at the moment.

Start them in Auckland?

That would be the worst place to start a footballer.

Even I look like Pele amongst this lot.

NZ is a rugby nation and always will be.

I know Bill has business interests in NZ and some wineries and corporate boutique hotels....... but come on, NZ and soccer don't mix.

Never have, never will.

Don't reinvent the wheel Bill.

Next he'll be trying to sell bacon to Muslim countries.

It's cheap for a reason, the Auckland franchise......it's because they don't even play the sport.

There is zero chance of any home grown NZ football player getting elevated into the PL.

The only example we have across 30 years is the big War Carthorse Chris Woods.

Do we sign players and demote them to NZ, because there won't be any ones who get elevated to the top of the pile?

Last edited:
Much as I hate corporate clichés, very much fits into the tiresome adage of 'be proactive rather than reactive'.

I was assured by someone close to a former legend manager of club and the chap rumoured to be leaving, that the guy rumoured to be leaving is absolutely... urrgggh... leaving.

I think Hughes is extremely competent, but I reckon Foley is in consultation with extremely smart people in the game/sport, abd they have clearly mapped vision/plan for us/him.

Suspect foley is buying into Brighton type moneyball route... and by that, I don't mean just signing load of unknow players for 5 mill. I do think we'll see a number of players arrive each year, similsr to profile of this guy..'grooming' hot prospects into way we play from young age, perhaps going out on a few season long loans... or I itialky signing for one of other clubs foley has stake in, before the best ones eventually join us, after proving themselves 'worthy' armed with a freshly pressed euro passport....

Hughes is extremely competent, but imo, he doesn't fit the mold for what foley and associates are looking to implement. He's leaving not because he's bad at his job. But like defoe or Murray... doesn't fit the profile for whst I imagine extremely switched on people behind the scenes have evaluated side decided on likely path to success...

The bloke is loaded, has extremely wealthy investors also on board. He's extremely successful. I honestly believe this is just the beginning and he is utterly (ruthkessky?) determined to eventually achieve success with us on European scale.

Not saying I'm expecting thst, but given what I've read about him, his undeniable success in other domains... he's a winner and will put everything he's got into taking us to realms probably no one thought possible before. Amount we've spent km players since arrival is almost incomprehensible in short space of time... for us. This will continue imo, as much as ffp allows, his finance guys will be looking to ensure we're able to push tgst to the max.

We tried to sign daka in summer. Would have completed if a more appealing club had approached Moore. Daka is apparently on 50-70k a week... fact we were in market for players in that ballpark and it only collapsed due to Moore not agreeing to loan, shows we still have decent spending power, and foley has signed it off as... yku don't soend money he/we have unless you have genuine ambition imo.

Demin era and Demin himself was incredible of course. And most of us I guess were/are happy with decent football and retaining pl status. Foley actions says to me he wants more than thst.

I reckon he and his directors/advisors go every minute of detail throughout club. Evidenced by whst I read about knomights nhl team abd rapid rise to success after being formed

Still recall thst cold winters day losing to Barnet at home. Who in a million years would have envisaged where we are now... and what I think cohkd very well happen over tge next few years.

As you mentioned with transfer policy... v
Clear going for young players, many of whom are regarded in game as being capable of becoming full internationals for England.

Solanke most likely of course in near future.
Scott also, perhaps 2 or 3 years.both displaying signs of being 50 to 100 mill players... perhaps getting carried away, but 100 not totally crazy, if inflation continues.

Aarons extremely well regarded in game 2 years ago. If he continues to step up,...

I reckon we benefitted from ffp in signing Scott actually. 10 years ago a bigger stature club wkukd have secured a deal, then hardly played him, or loaned out for 2 or 3 years hoping he'd deliver. Not nig deal if he didn't, discard him and continues signing other high potential youngsters. Now tgey have to give more thought to where they allocate funds, as also need immediate impact. *unless you're Chelsea of course, and have some weird thing setup to keep dancing round loopholes/ffp...long contracts... Saudi- allegedly. Clearly they're happy to operate in extremely dark grey areas...as most clubs are tbf. Tends to be a trsit of extremely successful, ambitious, competitive, 'goal orietated' , wealthy men. Man City case is going to be interesting... and extremely awkward for pl when tgey finalky unravel that spiderweb/maze. Allegedly if some of those 100+ breaches are true...probably coincide with them joining euro league tbh. Like I say, very awkward situation for pl to deal with... and if true, can't see how they can wriggle out of it without serious disciplinary action.

Re the third para.

Possibly Ryan Sports Ventures being involved in recriutment.

Agree with the above. When Brighton sell someone, they either have someone in-house to immediately replace them, or can go and sign that player within a few days.

Some don’t want to be a “selling club” like Brighton but I tell you want, I wouldn’t mind winning a Europa League group and finishing in the top 10 every year!

;