Our Best Loan Player?

billythekid

UTC Legend
Three come immediately to mind.

Going back Jermain Defoe, Rio Ferdinand and more up to date Nathan Ake.

What order would you put our best loanees in and which three come into your mind first?

Mine

Ake
Defoe
Ferdinand

Three come immediately to mind.

Going back Jermain Defoe, Rio Ferdinand and more up to date Nathan Ake.

What order would you put our best loanees in and which three come into your mind first?

Mine

Ake
Defoe
Ferdinand
In the time that he was here, I thought Michael Duberry played better than Rio who was a little lightweight at the time.

Duberry was crazily good.

A rock of a defender.

What ended up of Michael Dubbery.

When we had him back in the day he looked too good for us at the time.

Wasn't he Chelsea?

It depends how you want to define best, and whether you're judging them by their time on loan here or their subsequent career.

Defoe is a shoe in under almost any measure. I'd say that Adam Smith, Rhoys Wiggins, and Warren Cummings all made a significant impact and impression whilst on loan. Max Gradel another.

Technically Brett was on loan for a couple of months as we signed him November time using that "emergency" loan loophole.

My favourite though is Maxi Gradel. Not many loan players have shown that level of commitment despite both his and the club's off field problems at the time.

Defoe for me… I’d never seen anything like it and probably didn’t again until the latter Eddie years. He was literally unfair in that league and only a kid.

All the ones mentioned above have been excellent.

Warren Feeney also had an amazing loan spell turned into a signing. Colin Clarke had a great month on loan when struggling at Saints…

;