Patson Daka

Beetlejuice could always be relied upon for an uplifting pre-match "BELIEVE" post during some of the darker days. If he wants to come and post again, I think it should be strongly encouraged.

Daka's very similar to Antione Semenyo in that he's a prolific goal scorer for his nation, which hasn't shown up in league yet.

Since 2021, Daka has scored 9 goals and has 1 assist for Zambia in 12 games. That includes 3 goals in 2 games in 2023.

Makes me think it's more a system thing at Leciester than anything.

I know it's just the Austrian league, but Daka has proven himself more than Semenyo.

Semenyo definitely has potential, but Daka is currently a much better player/option imo.

£15 MILL plus £2.5 mill add ons agreed apparently. Medical booked.

So says 'X'
I'd be very happy with this signing.

With him and Semenyo we'd have two nippy forwards to terrify tiring defenders.

I think most of us think we could probably do with an upgrade on Moore in this league ( although I do value his contribution from the Championship days - the way he came back from injury and fired us to promotion is almost worthy of "AFCB legend" status in itself ) who presumably will now be sold to make way for this guy ?

didn't look good when i saw him last season and didn't look like he that much pace. scored plenty with SALZBURG but then again that's a few levels below the prem. maybe a change of scenery will be beneficial for him

Perhaps was (another) off day... or wasn't given a chance to show it. He is extremely fast. One of the quickest decent strikers out there.

It's an interesting one and would provide more pace which will help us immensely. Definitely points to outgoings if true.

Surely Lowe and some others I've forgotten about will be sold/loaned out.

Wonder if the delay with Lowe is us wanting to sell rather than loan? May see him leave on loan on deadline day I guess if we haven't received a decent offer? I'd imagine there's been interest snd negotiations going on for him and other 'dead wood' for most of the summer...

Really like the looks of Daka. I think we're crying out or a decent player with a lot of pace as an option to mix things up. Much more exciting compared to say wheeling on Che Adams...

Wonder if the delay with Lowe is us wanting to sell rather than loan? May see him leave on loan on deadline day I guess if we haven't received a decent offer? I'd imagine there's been interest snd negotiations going on for him and other 'dead wood' for most of the summer...

Really like the looks of Daka. I think we're crying out or a decent player with a lot of pace as an option to mix things up. Much more exciting compared to say wheeling on Che Adams...
Agree with all of that. I wouldn’t take too much notice of his recent record in what was a very poor Leicester side last season and I, too, think he could potentially be what we need.

I was thinking about the lack of real pace with some of our wingers/forwards and how that can hamstring us from a pressing/counter attacking perspective when players like Dango and Tavs are out. I've got a feeling that players like Brooks and Anthony might see more time on the bench (wouldn't be surprised tos we Anthony miss out all together) as the team gets back to full fitness. Interesting times to be a Cherry for sure!

I'm certain players like Lowe and Kilkenney will be moved on, still time to find the right deal.

I was thinking about the lack of real pace with some of our wingers/forwards and how that can hamstring us from a pressing/counter attacking perspective when players like Dango and Tavs are out. I've got a feeling that players like Brooks and Anthony might see more time on the bench (wouldn't be surprised tos we Anthony miss out all together) as the team gets back to full fitness. Interesting times to be a Cherry for sure!

I'm certain players like Lowe and Kilkenney will be moved on, still time to find the right deal.

Yeah. I'm not sure where we sit with ffp, finances, but we must be at or close to the point where we need to move at least a couple on to make the books balance properly.

Mind, you, it doesn't appear to have prevented Forest. So perhaps there's some clever accounting loop that's going on!

;