Patson Daka

He's a superb player. Record not great ladt year but Leicester were a basket case last season so not overly concerned. Scored v us at our place iirc.

Fast, explosive, decent finisher with an excellent record at Redbulls of Salzburg.

Would 100% be happy if we pulled this off. Gives us what we need imo. Much better option than the limited Adams. Proper good player. Fast, mobile/agile natural goal scorer. Good alternative option, style of player to Dom. Plus has PL experience already so less overseas risk element.

Mentions Monaco in this article from 2 days ago and Leicester looking to recoup most of 23 mill they paid for him.

He's been left out the squad each game so far as apparently made it clear he wants to leave for top flight somewhere, so no doubt Leicester are looking to do a deal, otherwise they're lumbered with a player on a very expensive contract.

For what it's worth, Daka had a goal contribution every 147th minute last season. 8 in 1,179 minutes.

In contrast, Dom Solanke had a goal contribution every 221st minute. 13 in 2,872 minutes.

Daka had 3 goals and 2 assists in the 11 games he started for Leciester last year. Including their loan goal against Bournemouth.

Just been speaking to a LCFC supporter at work and he really doesnt rate him. Was bought as a Vardy replacement and not shown anything like that at Leicester.

Just been speaking to a LCFC supporter at work and he really doesnt rate him. Was bought as a Vardy replacement and not shown anything like that at Leicester.

Doesn't surprise me they think that of him tbh.

Big boots to fill. Is he part of the problem, or unfortunate to be part of a club in a failed period of transition?

When I saw the article title I immediately thought of the Dakar Rally..
Do we want to win the 'race' to sign him if LCFC fans don't rate him..?

Not sure how I feel about this one. I think it would come down to price. Could be an expensive bench option.

Interestingly the other end of this is that I heard he's an excellent successor to Vardy but Vardy hasn't been played to his strengths either recently so Daka has also struggled because he's too similar.

didn't look good when i saw him last season and didn't look like he that much pace. scored plenty with SALZBURG but then again that's a few levels below the prem. maybe a change of scenery will be beneficial for him

Daka's very similar to Antione Semenyo in that he's a prolific goal scorer for his nation, which hasn't shown up in league yet.

Since 2021, Daka has scored 9 goals and has 1 assist for Zambia in 12 games. That includes 3 goals in 2 games in 2023.

Makes me think it's more a system thing at Leciester than anything.

;