Philip

Cannot be a serious statement.
Very serious, in my opinion and I know it's not a popular one. With the back line we now have I don't see Kelly starting, as I've made clear I'm not a fan of Billing and whilst I do like Dom and appreciate his work I feel we need a more prolific goal scorer. So yes I am serious

Surely the difference between us, Brighton and Brentford is that we've all built our squads but then we had a dip from which we're still recovering which will result in some players move on, and run down their contracts. So the comparison doesn't really hold up.
I'd say our dip resulted in us having to sell Ake, Ransdale, Wilson and losing King and we're on the up again.

Lerma left knowing we'd be a Premiership club again next season, if the others do too it's a big worry. I'd be surprised to see Brentford or Brighton lose more than the odd player to run down contracts. Brentford might lose their keeper though if they don't sell him this summer if memory serves.

Surely the difference between us, Brighton and Brentford is that we've all built our squads but then we had a dip from which we're still recovering which will result in some players move on, and run down their contracts. So the comparison doesn't really hold up.
The most disappointing comparison between us Brighton and Brentford is all 3 teams were on a level par for long time struggling having spent nearly all the 90's and 2000's in same division in League 1, Brighton were probably in worse position with no stadium playing at Gillingham/Withdean but despite us reaching the PL first we saw those 2 build stadiums, buy gem players and sell for big profits and become established well run premier league clubs very quickly just with competant board leadership and doing what's best for them both, during last 5/10 years despite having Max who we owe alot too we got left behind both clubs despite having Eddie keeping us up for 5 years and getting back up our past still casts a massive shadow over us where as Brentford and Brighton have long gone past that stage in a short space of time.

It's a 50m shadow because that's how much Structadene want from us to buy it back, Phillips, Jaffer, Savi, Mostyn still haunt our past. So 50m on top of however much it will cost to develop or build bit more into Kings Park it's going to require alot of faith in the American's to overcome this big expenditure on top of buying players to keep us in the PL. Let's hope they can act on what they've been saying.

Last edited:
I'd say our dip resulted in us having to sell Ake, Ransdale, Wilson and losing King and we're on the up again.

Lerma left knowing we'd be a Premiership club again next season, if the others do too it's a big worry. I'd be surprised to see Brentford or Brighton lose more than the odd player to run down contracts. Brentford might lose their keeper though if they don't sell him this summer if memory serves.

Lerma was rumoured to want out a couple of seasons back. We chose to keep him rather than cash in, valuing his contribution over the potential fee.

We have an amateur board. You are right. Letting so many quality players drift on contracts and end up having a go at the club on socials is just league two.

We had all of this last year though didn't we. The board are amateur because O'Neil was the best they could come up with. When people pointed out that that simply didn't make sense you glossed over it. Why on earth would Blake, Hughes and Foley not even consider looking for a better option? Yurns out they always thought O'Neil was just a guy that could do a decent job whilst they looked for a better option - and they got it spot on.

Now you've looked at the contract situation and, suprise surprise you've concluded that it's the amateur board again. What actual scenario do you think is playing out here Neil? They've forgotten to offer key players contracts? Slipped their minds? It's just not true is it.

We as fans get snippets of information on what is happening at our club.

What is transpiring behind the scenes is out of our remit and also probably the media.

It could be with Billing‘s contract nearing its end, maybe the agent comes into play and hence stories about he wants to move on, but we just don’t know.

Basically until we get to know the full story re Billing, be it this Summer or getting nearer to the end of the season, we will hopefully be more the wiser as to his position at AFCB.

Last edited:
FFP would suggest we still need to generate income from player sales even if Bill wants to fund the club.
Who might bring some cash in is the question? That would put Phil Bill, Dom and Kelly as our most saleable assets.
Hopefully the manager has the final say, but all clubs have to do it to comply with FFP.

Man City don't. FFP seems not to apply to them. At least not yet.

Man City don't. FFP seems not to apply to them. At least not yet.
The 100m fine in punishment for the 120 charges when it's all over will really harm them! Having said that I don't think they should be stripped of any titles even if they did cheat because it's not the fault of players, fans or manager. They have created one of the best teams ever yes with money but the right players and quality in depth. And I don't think the other big teams who came 2nd would want to accept a title coming 2nd getting beaten by better team just because their owners did some questionable sponsorship and financial manipulation.

Despite winning the last 3 titles and a treble and all the recent success, I think the other big 6 teams hate City the least and hate each other much more and that's probably also benefited them escaping all the media attention and hate the others get. I think when Pep leaves the others may have more of a chance and things will balance out just like when Fergie left Utd.

The 100m fine in punishment for the 120 charges when it's all over will really harm them! Having said that I don't think they should be stripped of any titles even if they did cheat because it's not the fault of players, fans or manager. They have created one of the best teams ever yes with money but the right players and quality in depth. And I don't think the other big teams who came 2nd would want to accept a title coming 2nd getting beaten by better team just because their owners did some questionable sponsorship manipulation.
Despite winning the last 3 titles and a treble and all the recent success, I think the other big 6 teams hate City the least and hate each other much more and that's probably also benefited them escaping all the media attention and hate the others get. I think when Pep leaves the others may have more of a chance and things will balance out just like when Fergie left Utd.
Well, we'll see what happens. I do think though that they need a punishment that means something. They have clearly broken the rules and the spirit of the rules. The whole idea of FFP is meaningless if they are allowed to get away with winning trophies they way they have done. It is deceitful and it should not have happened. Whether they play well and entertain is really beside the point. They cheated.

Well, we'll see what happens. I do think though that they need a punishment that means something. They have clearly broken the rules and the spirit of the rules. The whole idea of FFP is meaningless if they are allowed to get away with winning trophies they way they have done. It is deceitful and it should not have happened. Whether they play well and entertain is really beside the point. They cheated.

So we should be relegated to the Championship then?

Their board members cheated yes, But it's important to remember that their players who were better than all their rivals didn't cheat, nor did their manager who is probably the best ever and nor did their fans alot of whom probably remember when they were in L1. When we got deducted 27 points 2 seasons in a row our players, fans and Eddie took the punishment the hardest even though we were innocent and we had to bare the consequences of a lying, incompetant board of people we didn't know for nearly erasing us a club and they received no punishment because they didn't care in the first place

We had all of this last year though didn't we. The board are amateur because O'Neil was the best they could come up with. When people pointed out that that simply didn't make sense you glossed over it. Why on earth would Blake, Hughes and Foley not even consider looking for a better option? Yurns out they always thought O'Neil was just a guy that could do a decent job whilst they looked for a better option - and they got it spot on.

Now you've looked at the contract situation and, suprise surprise you've concluded that it's the amateur board again. What actual scenario do you think is playing out here Neil? They've forgotten to offer key players contracts? Slipped their minds? It's just not true is it.
Billing and Lerma were always in our top three or four players in player of the season and Zemura was one of the brightest prospects any of us have seen. Two have walked away and one is not signed up and moaning on socials. Kelly and Christie also not tied down. Other clubs aren’t this shoddy Del. I’m sure they haven’t overlooked it they just can’t get the relationship right and nail it like Brighton and Brentford etc and I’d imagine the players aren’t that over enamoured with some of the players they sign and worry about the future. Let’s see if they can reverse that in the next few weeks…

Billing and Lerma were always in our top three or four players in player of the season and Zemura was one of the brightest prospects any of us have seen. Two have walked away and one is not signed up and moaning on socials. Kelly and Christie also not tied down. Other clubs aren’t this shoddy Del. I’m sure they haven’t overlooked it they just can’t get the relationship right and nail it like Brighton and Brentford etc and I’d imagine the players aren’t that over enamoured with some of the players they sign and worry about the future. Let’s see if they can reverse that in the next few weeks…

I don't get it, what exactly do you think is going on Neil? They've offered these players contracts but they've not signed them because they don't like Blake? Or they don't like these new signings?

I think in all of these scenarios the club have decided what these players are worth and so have the players. The ones where this is similar have signed new deals and the ones that aren't haven't. It's not rocket science as I said to you when you were screaming incompetence during the O'Neil saga.

Very serious, in my opinion and I know it's not a popular one. With the back line we now have I don't see Kelly starting, as I've made clear I'm not a fan of Billing and whilst I do like Dom and appreciate his work I feel we need a more prolific goal scorer. So yes I am serious
So move on 2 of our top scorers and best players from last season plus Kelly who was key in the late season form which kept us up. Along with losing Lerma. Massive risk and we'd likely go down. Players like Solanke and Billing aren't readily available on the market, especially those proven at PL level.

Their board members cheated yes, But it's important to remember that their players who were better than all their rivals didn't cheat, nor did their manager who is probably the best ever and nor did their fans alot of whom probably remember when they were in L1. When we got deducted 27 points 2 seasons in a row our players, fans and Eddie took the punishment the hardest even though we were innocent and we had to bare the consequences of a lying, incompetant board of people we didn't know for nearly erasing us a club and they received no punishment because they didn't care in the first place

So Newcastle could go out, spend a billion on mbappe, other world class players to win everything... or at least stack odds very much in their favour... then we all just shrug, congratulate their players and say it was the boards the fault and they deserve to retain all the trophies they'd no doubt win?

Do you not see the potential issues if some kind of meaningful punishment is not enforced here?

So move on 2 of our top scorers and best players from last season plus Kelly who was key in the late season form which kept us up. Along with losing Lerma. Massive risk and we'd likely go down. Players like Solanke and Billing aren't readily available on the market, especially those proven at PL level.
100%. It’s incompetent strategic thinking.

So Newcastle could go out, spend a billion on mbappe, other world class players to win everything... or at least stack odds very much in their favour... then we all just shrug, congratulate their players and say it was the boards the fault and they deserve to retain all the trophies they'd no doubt win?

Do you not see the potential issues if some kind of meaningful punishment is not enforced here?
Newcastle aren't buying and just like us are looking at who they can sell. FFP means a couple have to go and you hope you buy replacements that are better (and/or have a resale value)

;