Philip

So Newcastle could go out, spend a billion on mbappe, other world class players to win everything... or at least stack odds very much in their favour... then we all just shrug, congratulate their players and say it was the boards the fault and they deserve to retain all the trophies they'd no doubt win?

Do you not see the potential issues if some kind of meaningful punishment is not enforced here?
Kelly definitely has the potential. Must have been hard being booed by his own supporters and having captaincy taken off him (not that I'm saying Neto isn't a more suitable captain at the moment, though). With a super solid center back partner and equally solid defensive midfielder, Kelly will do well I think because of his pace. He will also support the left back well if out of position. He's got a new start under a new manager, so hopefully this can be a really positive relationship for him as his relationship with Parker was.

Their board members cheated yes, But it's important to remember that their players who were better than all their rivals didn't cheat, nor did their manager who is probably the best ever and nor did their fans alot of whom probably remember when they were in L1. When we got deducted 27 points 2 seasons in a row our players, fans and Eddie took the punishment the hardest even though we were innocent and we had to bare the consequences of a lying, incompetant board of people we didn't know for nearly erasing us a club and they received no punishment because they didn't care in the first place

Comparing us and City is not really fair. The PL champions are going to get way more sympathy than tinpot us. Look what they did to Bury !!

For which we were punished.

If Man City are found guilty of breaking the rules, the punishment for them will likely also be a fine. However, here's what you actually said:

Well, we'll see what happens. I do think though that they need a punishment that means something. They have clearly broken the rules and the spirit of the rules. The whole idea of FFP is meaningless if they are allowed to get away with winning trophies they way they have done. It is deceitful and it should not have happened. Whether they play well and entertain is really beside the point. They cheated.

Everything you've said there could apply to us and our promotion. So if you want a punishment that means something then, in our case, it would be relegation and no parachute payments to assist us in maybe bouncing back up.

If Man City are found guilty of breaking the rules, the punishment for them will likely also be a fine. However, here's what you actually said:

Everything you've said there could apply to us and our promotion. So if you want a punishment that means something then, in our case, it would be relegation and no parachute payments to assist us in maybe bouncing back up.

That's your interpretation and that's fine. But it's not what I said. We were punished. A small fine, I grant you, but a punishment nevertheless. City have gone way beyond anything we have done and, as yet, not received any sanction. Even if they fine City on the same scale they used for us, the fine should be enormous.

That's your interpretation and that's fine. But it's not what I said. We were punished. A small fine, I grant you, but a punishment nevertheless. City have gone way beyond anything we have done and, as yet, not received any sanction. Even if they fine City on the same scale they used for us, the fine should be enormous.

Agree with this, the EFL in the end made a statement that we hadn’t deliberately broken ffp.

That would be very different to Man City who, if found guilty of course, would have presumably spent years trying to hide it?

;