Pitch invasions - the end of an era

I don't like pitch invasions. It's selfish I think. Players can't celebrate together on the pitch in the moment. They can't acknowledge the crowd (winners and losers) and they are dangerous.

They had one in the 1923 Cup Final !
Its probably not the end of an Era is it ....its a continuation...and it will become more commonplace in the future...the more its seen on screens !

The knob who head butted Billy Sharp has gone to jail for a few months.

He was a ST holder as well and not a casual fan.

A fan has been jailed after running on to a pitch and headbutting a footballer at the end of Nottingham Forest's play-off match with Sheffield United.

Billy Sharp, Sheffield United's captain, was attacked after his side lost to Forest on penalties.

Sharp was knocked to the ground and required four stitches to his lip.

Forest season ticket holder Robert Biggs, 30, pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm and was jailed for 24 weeks.

At Nottingham Magistrates' Court on Thursday, Biggs, from Church View, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, was ordered to pay £500 compensation to Sharp, £85 in costs and a £128 victim surcharge.

He was also given a 10-year football banning order.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61505835

More on the case here.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/updates-man-appears-court-over-7101321

Last edited:
The Pitch is the Players domain...to play the Game of Football on !
The stands and terraces and streets are for Fans to Rip it Up.
That was Cloughs standpoint iirc.
He was right...as he was about just about everything to do with the game !

The Pitch is the Players domain...to play the Game of Football on !
The stands and terraces and streets are for Fans to Rip it Up.
That was Cloughs standpoint iirc.
He was right...as he was about just about everything to do with the game !
Our Mr Clough was quite a goal scorer. played 296, goals scored 267.
He was also known for taking a "Bung" when selling a player.

Our Mr Clough was quite a goal scorer. played 296, goals scored 267.
He was also known for taking a "Bung" when selling a player.

Yep..I saw him score at the Dell just before his big injury in the early 60s which finished his Sunderland and England career.
The bungs ..yeah the days before mass Agent influx...same with many other managers though !

;