Pitch invasions - the end of an era

I don't see it myself. If I knew that my side was about to get promotion and I could perhaps get the game abandoned if I ran on to the pitch, then I might be inclined to stay sat down.

But regardless of the stupidity of it, if we're going to have pitch invasions permitted in-game, it will add to the time of football, make the pitches worse, and further encourage bad behaviour. The violence of the eighties was partly because pitch invasions were not nipped in the bud when they had the chance - why do you think there were fences in front of the crowds?
Why have you come back to our forum? I don’t get it…

Trouble at Vale park tonight...Swindon fans rioting cuz they lost on Pens.
Shame on those Wiltshire loser b'stards !
Stoke people are so friendly !

Vieira abused at Goodison. Enough is enough. Football fans in the main can't be trusted sadly. There are always a few idiots in any crowd and they'll be first on the pitch every time.

Seems Vieira hit and kicked out in response to verbal abuse and being pushed. Can't excuse him doing that but he's human and if someone racially abused him or said something against his family, it's understandable. They knew the Everton fans would invade the pitch, though. Why didn't they run off it for their own protection? Not that they should have to of course. Wonder what's fueling all of this civil disobedience... Basically, clubs will have to implement greater security measures to stop pitch invasions, meaning they will have to pay lots of money, which means the price of our tickets will go up. Well done all you pitch invaders. Is that what you wanted? The fact that fans are even invading pitches because their teams have got into a final without yet winning it is bonkers!!!!

The only way to stop pitch invasions is to ban home support for a few games following a pitch invasion of more than 5 fans (to throw a number out there), a life ban from attending football matches and a criminal record. I worry there will be big plastic screens or fences in front of the stands if the "Great British public" can't be civil.
Recent pitch invasions remind me of England fans in the town centre during a world cup game or Leeds fans of the 80's

Harder to argue that some idiot football fans are bringing any clampdown on themselves. Fine when they’re fun, but if you can’t celebrate without goading or at tacking people then you probably deserve what’s coming.

There will be more public disorder, crimes and violence on Bournemouth beach this summer but there won’t be claims that you should be banned from getting sand between your toes (that was soooo 2020…)

cctv and ticket systems are so good now that anyone that causes a problem can be identified and banned. If it’s not the ticket holder then ban them as well.

Come next season if all clubs know ahead of the run in that mass pitch invasions will be met by points deductions, then so be it.

I’d much rather a tougher stance on these smoke flares so if that means tougher pat downs to get in then do it.

There will be more public disorder, crimes and violence on Bournemouth beach this summer but there won’t be claims that you should be banned from getting sand between your toes (that was soooo 2020…)

cctv and ticket systems are so good now that anyone that causes a problem can be identified and banned. If it’s not the ticket holder then ban them as well.

Come next season if all clubs know ahead of the run in that mass pitch invasions will be met by points deductions, then so be it.

I’d much rather a tougher stance on these smoke flares so if that means tougher pat downs to get in then do it.
Agree but quite like the flares. Sorry!

;