Pitch invasions - the end of an era

I think this is also ‘copycat’ behaviour from some after all the publicity re the Forest game.
Yes an element of copycat I think, which also plays into the flares and smoke bombs. One set of lads does it, they gets comments in media and social media, so other sets of lads try it, and so it grows.

I get the initial one when the final whistle went v Forest. But a minority spoilt it for the rest by not leaving when asked and then ruined the opportunity of the team coming out to celebrate again. To be fair there wasn’t enough stewards

Everton, traditionally a MahoosiveFCKinCLUB have stayed up by the skin of their Chingy chin chin.
I have noted that spell check turned my words around.

If you all type chinny.......it won't allow that word.

So.....I will leave us in the hands of Harry 'Arter' Styles.

It's a sign of the times.

I recall Viv Anderson's debut for England v Scotland. He was the first black player to play a full senior international for England. There was a Scottish guy hurling racist abuse. Another Scot in the adjacent pen (the terracing at the original Wembley was divided onto smaller pens with a low concrete wall around, maybe waist high) shouted at him, in a thick Glaswegian accent, to 'leave the guy alone '.

This was ignored so said Glaswegian started to get over the wall with a serious intent. The guy stopped his racist abuse.

I was sitting next a bloke with a flare away at Bristol City. Smoke was so thick I could hardly breathe.

Not sure how that would work if you are asthmatic or have some other respiratory condition.

Remember going to see a Seria A game at the San Siro where there was a massive flare and firework display. Could so easily go wrong.

I was sitting next a bloke with a flare away at Bristol City. Smoke was so thick I could hardly breathe.

Not sure how that would work if you are asthmatic or have some other respiratory condition.

Remember going to see a Seria A game at the San Siro where there was a massive flare and firework display. Could so easily go wrong.

Do they ever actually seriously injure people though? You'd think if they were as dangerous as people make out that people would be getting injured all the time but you never hear of it actually happening.

Do they ever actually seriously injure people though? You'd think if they were as dangerous as people make out that people would be getting injured all the time but you never hear of it actually happening.
Someone got killed at a Wales match by a firework. Obviously a different thing from a flare, but I think a large reason why the two are lumped together on the banned list is because it's easier to ban them all than carry out a risk assessment per item as they are brought in.

“(One fan) mentions being hit on the head - that's being hit on the head by a very hot, heavy metallic missile, which could do serious damage. They cause real breathing problems for asthmatic fans, and there were frightened children in distress on Monday. They stink and make your clothes stink. In short throwing them away from yourself into a crowded area of other fellow Stokies is irresponsible, selfish and anti-social.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-smoke-bomb-flare-6974176.amp

;