PL legacy

It’s a shame we couldn’t push on to the level of Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield even Burnley so given that our level in this league will be around 10-18 I’d go for a couple of seasons challenging for the Championship and a couple of seasons rattling some big cages now and again. It would be great to see the trophy gracing the shop again. Think of the hands that have lifted that old pot.

Everything just fell into place for Leicester, it'll never happen again. Wolves spend as much as where they are. Sheffield United will never do as well next year, look at Reading a few years back. Every single club outside of the historical big 6, Man City and Leicester will eventually go down. I think the investment into Leicester will see them there for years to come. Wolves possibly but who knows what happens when they inevitably have to start letting big players and Nuno go.

Everything just fell into place for Leicester, it'll never happen again. Wolves spend as much as where they are. Sheffield United will never do as well next year, look at Reading a few years back. Every single club outside of the historical big 6, Man City and Leicester will eventually go down. I think the investment into Leicester will see them there for years to come. Wolves possibly but who knows what happens when they inevitably have to start letting big players and Nuno go.

Indeed, I’ll be very surprised if Sheffield United surpass our five year consecutive spell in the Premier League.

Burnley even though they were the benchmark, 7th place, Europa League etc could well go down next season, which would only match our five year run.

I said 5k because In our promotion season our average was only 6800ish ( if I remember correctly) and the season before that, the avaerage was around 5800 ( again someone please find out for sure) but the relagation season we were around 5500, so it seems around the 5500 mark is fair if we're just mid table, so maybe 6k would be a realistic average to aim for in that league but your 7.5k figure is a good aim, but the point is our stadium is big enough for either and being more full would give better atmosphere, new stadium would be nice dont get me wrong but I would hate to leave our current home
Here is the list of our average attendances since we moved into the stadium

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/afc-bournemouth/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/989

It’s been 6400 on average over the 7 L1 seasons. Given “the journey we have been on” and the fact a modern stadium would be attractive to new supporters, I don’t think an increase of just 1k over our average is unrealistic.

I certainly struggle to believe our attendances would drop to 1k below our average. Given the period in question includes the end of the SOD era, the Bond, Bradbury and Groves era...for us to be only getting 5500 in a shiny new stadium in L1, something must have gone very wrong indeed.

I think one of the points to make here is we weren’t the tiny lower league club with 4000 gates that is sometimes made out. We’ve always had a fairly decent level of support for the level we operated at.

The fan base has always been there just that over the years the club has let the fans down ,John bond taking our best players to Norwich ,the Walker stand ,various chairman leaving the club in a financial mess .It was the fans who saved the club put all our hands in our pockets raised money to keep the club going .It is over the last 50 years it has always been a what would have been ,yet who raised the transfer for Eddie the fans .
So when we did hit the big time most fans could not obtain a ticket for home games but still support the club and will do even if we go down through thick and thin .

Who said anything about a ground in my last post? Infrastructure, yes, that doesn't just involve a ground. Max is about to find out how much your business model will cost him.

Ground/infrastructure, doesn't matter, nobody is happy that we've not got these things no matter what you say.

My business model? :rofl:you mean Max's business model? Maybe he should have adopted your business model and saddled himself with £50m+ debt to service without the means to pay for it.

Ground/infrastructure, doesn't matter, nobody is happy that we've not got these things no matter what you say.

My business model? :rofl:you mean Max's business model? Maybe he should have adopted your business model and saddled himself with £50m+ debt to service without the means to pay for it.
No way would extending the ground and the starting the academy cost anywhere near the 50m you quoted and I would have directed the money from else where, you won't ever change my opinions on that. I've asked you several times to stop responding to my posts or referring to them, it's getting a bit of an obsession and it makes you sound like an idiot!

No way would extending the ground and the starting the academy cost anywhere near the 50m you quoted and I would have directed the money from else where, you won't ever change my opinions on that. I've asked you several times to stop responding to my posts or referring to them, it's getting a bit of an obsession and it makes you sound like an idiot!

I'll respond to what I like thanks, especially when you bang on about "some fans are happy with no infrastructure investment" you bring it all on yourself.

You constantly call me an idiot, I'm not sure these conversations come across as you think they do. I've been called all sorts on here, mostly fair enough, but you calling me an idiot when you can't even grasp the simple point I and others have been making is ironic in the extreme.

I'll respond to what I like thanks, especially when you bang on about "some fans are happy with no infrastructure investment" you bring it all on yourself.

You constantly call me an idiot, I'm not sure these conversations come across as you think they do. I've been called all sorts on here, mostly fair enough, but you calling me an idiot when you can't even grasp the simple point I and others have been making is ironic in the extreme.
I make valid points, some agree some don't, that's what this forum is all about. I will be forced to block you or come off this site if you continue to stalk me unfortunately.

I make valid points, some agree some don't, that's what this forum is all about. I will be forced to block you or come off this site if you continue to stalk me unfortunately.

Don't leave the site on my account. You did bring the grief on yourself this time though tbf.

Burnley even though they were the benchmark, 7th place, Europa League etc could well go down next season, which would only match our five year run.

Now that would give me nearly as much pleasure as when Stoke dropped through the door. Horrible side. That said I’ll be cheering them tomorrow night. Come on you Potters.

Legacy....a word only !

There is really No necessity to have a Legacy for anything or at least not labelled as such.
Things that are written into a History can only be just that ...and probably won't have any real impact on anything else due to this being an ever changing existence.
Interesting to bring this into what happens with what we might consider as Legacies of the Brexit Outcome when all is concluded with that Fiasco.

When Eddie leaves Boscombe....whatever his 'Legacy' was... could be picked to pieces by a New Regime rendering the site of achievements as a pile of Crap and not relevant to the future events on it.

Last edited:
For me the legacy might verge on heracy. Its memories. I've seen some of the greatest players in the world playing competitive football at my team's Manor. Coutinho, De Bruyne, Salah, Van Dyke, Hazard, Aguero, even bloody Sterling. On occasion we've made them all work hard and you could see what managing a win over us meant to them. Like 70% of teams, we were never going to survive long term so think back and savour a few purist moments. The Championship may just allow us to flourish again and I can go back to marvelling at AFCB and stop admiring the opposition.

Indeed, I’ll be very surprised if Sheffield United surpass our five year consecutive spell in the Premier League.

But if we do go down, we will at least go down with money in the bank, owning our own ground, and with a new training facility. I fear for you with relegation. Even if your owner doesn't want his money back, you still have net liabilities of over £100m and you'll be forced to sell all the players that are worth something just to pay the wages of those that aren't.

But if we do go down, we will at least go down with money in the bank, owning our own ground, and with a new training facility. I fear for you with relegation. Even if your owner doesn't want his money back, you still have net liabilities of over £100m and you'll be forced to sell all the players that are worth something just to pay the wages of those that aren't.
:party:4U

Sorry, that does come across a bit bad. I'm not trying to gloat, I'm just saying that your owners have made a bit (or alot) of a pig's ear of the finances.

I hope you stay up. The presence of other smaller clubs is not only encouraging in itself, it also means that the self-styled big clubs (especially West Ham, though also Villa) or more likely to go down instead. And of course for very selfish reasons, the more clubs with relatively less money are in the PL, the better our chances of stopping up when inevitably we do have a bad season and we need three clubs to be worse than us! Sorry.

Regardless of whether we go up or down, we'll have to sell off most of our XI anyway, not necessarily because of finances, just because they will want out and we can't get ourselves into another Fraser situation.

Wilson
King
Ake
Brooks

All gone, whatever happens. Possibly Lerma too and definitely if we go down.

The difference is if we go down, they'll likely pay the loan back, whereas if we stay up they'll probably be reinvested.

Exactly what I've been saying, when you go down your more likely to come back up because you own your own ground and invested in the training facilities and not paid extortionate wages and transfer fees. I think most of our fans that want the club to progress see it that way.

;