Play Off final move to accomodate CL Final?

GaryRB

UTC Legend
Its a possibility if Uefa agree to move their Final away from a travel red list country and host it in the country of the 2 competing teams.
Both scheduled for 29 May, Wembley might be the logical choice unless a club steps up and their ground is approved for CL Final
No date seen as yet when decision required

Villa park have offered themselves up as a venue for the CL final, there’s plenty of grounds it can be held in apart from Wembley; first thing is UEFA need to use common sense and agree Istanbul isn’t the best option

Villa park have offered themselves up as a venue for the CL final, there’s plenty of grounds it can be held in apart from Wembley; first thing is UEFA need to use common sense and agree Istanbul isn’t the best option
There's some issues with Villa Park not matching the criteria for a CL final apparently. Nothing that's not fixable, but a lot of work to do in a short space of time. I wonder if somewhere like Spurs new stadium could work or if there would be concerns with two finals in London on the same day?

What's the Millennium Stadium doing on that day?

Seems ridiculous to play it in Turkey. Can't they just bump it back a year? I'm sure Turkey would prefer to fill their stadium given half a chance. In 2022 they might be able to.

There's some issues with Villa Park not matching the criteria for a CL final apparently. Nothing that's not fixable, but a lot of work to do in a short space of time. I wonder if somewhere like Spurs new stadium could work or if there would be concerns with two finals in London on the same day?
What on earth could be the problem with Villa Park, I wonder ? Not enough 5 star hotels in Birmingham for the UEFA bigwigs ? Not enough Michelin starred restaurants in Aston ?

What on earth could be the problem with Villa Park, I wonder ? Not enough 5 star hotels in Birmingham for the UEFA bigwigs ? Not enough Michelin starred restaurants in Aston ?

Villa Park is currently not equipped to UEFA standards for such a big event - the press box, media facilities and camera positions would all need to be heavily adapted, but assessments of those changes are ongoing.

If I was Turkey I'd be saying they agree to it being moved if they can have 2025 instead which I think is the next CL final without a venue. It would almost certainly work out better for them with a full stadium then rather than an empty one now.

Its only basically a run of the mill PL game in effect....two knackered English clubs.
Would people spend money to travel all that distance to watch that sh*te.
Not exactly Exotic European fayre eh?

If it was Juventus v Wrexham or Barcelona v Partick Thistle....your talking excitement Tonto!....

If I was Turkey I'd be saying they agree to it being moved if they can have 2025 instead which I think is the next CL final without a venue. It would almost certainly work out better for them with a full stadium then rather than an empty one now.
Wasn't Turkey due to host it last year and it got moved to this year?

Reactions: DJ
Hampden Park is being mentioned as it is already set to be a venue for the 2020 Euros.
At least it would seem like an away match for any fans lucky enough to get a ticket.

Plenty of stadiums in the UK able to host that game. Wembley is not the only option.

Not necessarily. The stadium has to hold the correct UEFA categorisation. I can’t be bothered to look it up but it’s a grading system which, for finals, includes things like VIP seats, press facilities, broadband, changing room sizes and facilities etc.

UEFA will not want to use a stadium belonging to the other four breakaway clubs. So I am not sure how many stadia that leaves. The Millennium stadium is probably the best option, since it hosted a Champions League final not long ago.

Not necessarily. The stadium has to hold the correct UEFA categorisation. I can’t be bothered to look it up but it’s a grading system which, for finals, includes things like VIP seats, press facilities, broadband, changing room sizes and facilities etc.

UEFA will not want to use a stadium belonging to the other four breakaway clubs. So I am not sure how many stadia that leaves. The Millennium stadium is probably the best option, since it hosted a Champions League final not long ago.

Wales haven’t made their mind up about fans in their stadiums yet as far as I know....

;