Players To Come In For Next Season?

why?
where else is he going to get some game time [if he's not good enough for the championship yet]?
Why would anyone think sending a young midfielder who's game is based on possession out to a league were the emphasis is on getting the ball forward quickly is going to help him improve?
You think after a season of that he'll be ready to play a possession based game for us at a higher level?....... it's probably the reason he's never been out on loan.

Why would anyone think sending a young midfielder who's game is based on possession out to a league were the emphasis is on getting the ball forward quickly is going to help him improve?
You think after a season of that he'll be ready to play a possession based game for us at a higher level?....... it's probably the reason he's never been out on loan.
To help him become ready for the physical demands of the league, obviously

To help him become ready for the physical demands of the league, obviously
The physical demands of playing in league 1?..... that's fine if you what to develop a league 1 player....in case you haven't noticed the Championship and the Pl aren't that physical anymore........ surely developing a players technical ability is more important...... especially when we have a manager who wants to install a philosophy of technical possession based football......how would sending Kilkenny off to do the exact opposite prepare him for our first team?

The physical demands of playing in league 1?..... that's fine if you what to develop a league 1 player....in case you haven't noticed the Championship and the Pl aren't that physical anymore........ surely developing a players technical ability is more important...... especially when we have a manager who wants to install a philosophy of technical possession based football......how would sending Kilkenny off to do the exact opposite prepare him for our first team?

The physical demands of adult football. You have to remember that players like Kilkenny only really have experience at youth level, it is a world away from the physical demands of the professional game, both in terms of the physicality of the game and the pace that the game is played at.

The physical demands of adult football. You have to remember that players like Kilkenny only really have experience at youth level, it is a world away from the physical demands of the professional game, both in terms of the physicality of the game and the pace that the game is played at.
Oh so it's that important is it?.....so what experience of 'adult football' do the PL youth team players that we want to put into our first team have?

I see @Topfarrier's point. Why not loan him out to Hull City, Peterborough or Blackpool. He'll get Champo experience, without (hopefully) interfering with our promotion push.

I imagine he'd do well in League 1, but then we'll all be moaning about, "league 1 standard isn't championship standard". So the lad can't win.

I see @Topfarrier's point. Why not loan him out to Hull City, Peterborough or Blackpool. He'll get Champo experience, without (hopefully) interfering with our promotion push.

I imagine he'd do well in League 1, but then we'll all be moaning about, "league 1 standard isn't championship standard". So the lad can't win.
The likes of Peterborough or Coventry would be ideal......I don't actually think he would do well in league 1 tbh.....I can't think of a player that would be less suited to it .

I remember those on here saying Surridge was the answer to all our problems... Until he had a string of games and wasn't the total package that some made him out to be. I'm not saying he hasn't got a role, but it's the perfect example of 'experts' on here.
Don't you think Kilkenny would have been given an opportunity if he was good enough?
When you say ...those on here.....I believe it was Brian....:ROFLMAO:

give up, he just doesn't get it
if we can't get him a loan to peterborough, hull or coventry then he's fooked and will never play again, apparently

:rofl:

"Kilkenny won't do well in L1 - but he should play in the Championship."

If he can't survive in L1 he should be nowhere near our first team.

So let me get this right..... Bournemouth youth team players are far too inexperienced .....pack them all off for a season of hoofball.

We loan an inexperienced youth team player from a sh1tty mid table PL club and it's boners all round!.....lol you gotta laugh....:rofl:

;