Players To Come In For Next Season?

SSN

NORWICH 'MAKE ARMSTRONG BID'

Norwich have made a £15m bid for Blackburn striker Adam Armstrong as they look to fend off competition from Southampton and Watford, according to reports.

The Sun claim the Canaries are offering cash plus Republic of Ireland prospect Adam Idah for the 24-year-old.

Rovers owners Venkys are looking to cash in on Armstrong, who has just one year left on his Blackburn deal.

The player joined Blackburn from Newcastle for just £1.7m in 2018 and scored 29 goals last season.

Newcastle inserted a 40 per cent sell-on clause into the sale. Southampton may make move after Danny Ings joined Aston Villa for £25m.

Didn't realise the Leif Davis loan included an option to buy.
Yes, that was the best part of the deal. It makes sense for us to negotiate the option to buy on any incoming loans IMO. It gives us the option of making the signing permanent should we get promoted back to the PL. Less disruption for the squad, should the situation arise.

I think we will be looking for a similar clause in all loan agreements we make this season, which may mean that some players we are interested in will not be allowed to come here, simply because their parent club is not willing to sell them just yet.

I think for a club like ours, a club within reaching distance of the PL, it makes a lot of sense to have the option to buy, should we gain promotion and should the loanee have become an important part of the squad.

I think that these forums, and social media generally, are a very interesting sub-culture.

Very often I get the impression that we adopt something of a fantasy persona, to become a virtual version of ourselves, the sort of person we'd secretly like to be.

So you have the uncompromising "hard man" guys with excessively robust political views, of the sort that you'd NEVER hear anymore in a public place. Or you have the expert football strategists, the would-be stand-up comedians, the beer and bantz lads, and so on.

I think we all play up a bit to a certain vision of ourselves. What do you think ?
Not me.

I'm a prick on here and I'm a prick in real life.

Yes, that was the best part of the deal. It makes sense for us to negotiate the option to buy on any incoming loans IMO. It gives us the option of making the signing permanent should we get promoted back to the PL. Less disruption for the squad, should the situation arise.

I think we will be looking for a similar clause in all loan agreements we make this season, which may mean that some players we are interested in will not be allowed to come here, simply because their parent club is not willing to sell them just yet.

I think for a club like ours, a club within reaching distance of the PL, it makes a lot of sense to have the option to buy, should we gain promotion and should the loanee have become an important part of the squad.
I agree. I was just surprised (pleasantly so) and had obviously missed it originally. As you say, it makes sense for a club like ours.

Interesting.... he'll go where he thinks he'll get the most game time/development I guess.

SSN

NORWICH 'MAKE ARMSTRONG BID'

Norwich have made a £15m bid for Blackburn striker Adam Armstrong as they look to fend off competition from Southampton and Watford, according to reports.

The Sun claim the Canaries are offering cash plus Republic of Ireland prospect Adam Idah for the 24-year-old.

Rovers owners Venkys are looking to cash in on Armstrong, who has just one year left on his Blackburn deal.

The player joined Blackburn from Newcastle for just £1.7m in 2018 and scored 29 goals last season.

Newcastle inserted a 40 per cent sell-on clause into the sale. Southampton may make move after Danny Ings joined Aston Villa for £25m.

SSN

PALACE IN ADVANCED TALKS WITH ARMSTRONG

Crystal Palace are in advanced talks with Blackburn to sign striker Adam Armstrong.

The Eagles have made an offer that was not accepted but remain strongly interested in getting a deal done for the former England U21.

Southampton, who are looking to replace Danny Ings, have also had an offer rejected and remain interested but are currently looking into alternative options.

Rovers owners Venkys are looking for £20m for Armstrong, who scored 30 goals last season; bettered only in the Championship by Brentford’s Ivan Toney.

It is understood both the offers from Palace and Saints fell short of this £20m valuation.

;