Please stay Eddie!

London Cherry

First Team
I’m sitting in the same seat I was five and a bit years ago with a very different emotion. Gutted, pure gutted, but what a great ride it has been, something you never would have imagined we’d go on 10 years ago. The Championship could be more entertaining; I certainly won’t miss VAR or mid table obscurity. I’ve been to all the ‘big’ grounds I wanted to see and I’m desperate to see more matches with my young family. I just pray and hope we keep Eddie in place or he doesn’t want to take a break. With Eddie I believe in my team and in the direction we’re going. It’s been hard at times this year but if we can only sell 2/3 we can kick on next year and have an entertaining year. Please stay Eddie.

You would hope a meeting has been arranged early this coming week, to sort out how the club goes forward, and let the fans know Eddie is staying.....it's a quick turn about till next season......no time to mess around

I’m hoping the better performances from the team recently will give him hope that there’s more to come.

I mean, he’s signed players like Kelly, Solanke, Stacey, Mepham, Brooks and many more in the hopes of making them top class players. The whole squad is his project. Would be pretty shitty to abandon ship from this perspective imo.

But you also couldn’t begrudge the man a sabbatical, could you.

if he doesnt stay it will show a distinct lack of bottle

Really ?
Thats a great phrase 'bottle' - what do you know what's going through Eddie's head, this will have hit him hard and maybe 'bottle's' not enough to get him over it,
For me he's the best man for the job - honest, hardworking and with the clubs best interests at heart,
Selfishly I hope he stays but looking and listening to him recently maybe he needs a break for his own sanity - but yeah, if he does, he lacks 'bottle' - give over please

Although I don't think he should be sacked, I'm not too fussed if he stays or goes tbo, I know it's a big risk to get the right manager in but this has been a really frustrating season, same formation and playing players that have constantly under performed.

Absolutely he is admitting some of his shortcomings and will only be better for the experience...this could be a huge blessing in disguise. Next season will be more competitive and he is the guy I want at the helm...thanks for the first PL visit and great memories...here’s to a return one day with new vigour and drive!

His post match words mark him out as an example of what honour is in the real world. He took full responsibility and profusely apologised to fans. This man really cares. He deserves our backing and the Board really should do likewise.
But he really needs to take a long hard look at what he did wrong, as it took him to so long to give up on the slow build up play that has cost us so much this season. Stay or go not bother, if he stays plaease eddie change so of the back room staff to get someone to question what you do

Eddie had a dream, I don't think it has been fulfilled yet. He strikes me as a man who likes a challenge. He could well view taking us back up is an even bigger challenge than getting us in the Prem in the first place. Loves the club etc. etc. so this could be a great chance to get his credentials back on track. Needs to change his coaching staff big time. :)

I saw his Sky interview and he said he was very emotional and having a job to keep it together.

Then spoke to Steve Cook who said they didn’t carry out the managers instructions so they should take the blame.

Back to Eddie who is going to speak to the people who matter and we will take it from there.

Might be wishful thinking, but I think he wants to stay.

He'll only make a decision on his future when he gets something concrete from the power's that be, regarding the training pitches.

;