Please stay Eddie!

Please don't go Eddie. We know you will eventually leave us for better things, but please not right now.

You have the opportunity to show you can take a relegated club, shake it up and get it back into the top flight.

This can only enhance your current excellent CV even further.

Achieve that and I'm sure the whole community that is AFC Bournemouth will carry you shoulder high to any final destination that you seek.

We will do that with much regret, yet with massive love.

Please Eddie stay with us and lead us forward in this latest huge challenge.

Echo that - I'd settle for buying the lovely/iconic DC

Agreed... We all know and understand that we shot through the Championship way too quickly, and set up camp in the PL perhaps 3 years too early. For me. this was a huge part of our eventual slide to where we find ourselves today, having never really consolidated financially in the Champ, let alone the PL, and before we knew it, we were partying in millions of pounds of football fun coupons... Nothing about us was ready... We hit the PL with a boom, but ran out of steam and 'what to do' about 18 months back

I would take consolidation in the Championship (with Eddies in charge), spending as little as we can to do that, and work on buying DC back and extending it and getting the training ground finished... My fag packet maths says that would be around £50m. If Max is 100% still in it for the long-term I would absolutely rather see us spend that sort of money on infrastructure now and slowly rebuild towards the PL again, where hopefully we would be in a lot better position to handle ourselves. But it's not my money...!

Genuinely excited about the prospect of Eddie Howe leading this young side in the Championship. It’s a fantastic division and we have some very talented young players who could be great to watch in games that are always toe-to-toe.

Once we’ve got shot of a few of the ones who have let us down this season. There will be some key signings that we will need to make and I think those players would be keen to join a “Howe project”.

Agreed... We all know and understand that we shot through the Championship way too quickly, and set up camp in the PL perhaps 3 years too early. For me. this was a huge part of our eventual slide to where we find ourselves today, having never really consolidated financially in the Champ, let alone the PL, and before we knew it, we were partying in millions of pounds of football fun coupons... Nothing about us was ready... We hit the PL with a boom, but ran out of steam and 'what to do' about 18 months back

I would take consolidation in the Championship (with Eddies in charge), spending as little as we can to do that, and work on buying DC back and extending it and getting the training ground finished... My fag packet maths says that would be around £50m. If Max is 100% still in it for the long-term I would absolutely rather see us spend that sort of money on infrastructure now and slowly rebuild towards the PL again, where hopefully we would be in a lot better position to handle ourselves. But it's not my money...!

Well the price for DC should be slashed like our expected prices for players on the way out!

I would offer Structuredene £10m now for us to take it off their hands in case we go down another League and their investment is totally at risk :unsure:
Ruffle their feathers a bit!

I may agree with your sentiments but I am afraid there is no such thing as consolidation in football. You either look to go forward on the pitch or you go backwards. Next season has to be a big push to get back up or we will just drift downwards and then EH will definitely be gone.

Very valid point ie the 5 year plan. Who is to say that Eddie didn't plan on replacing some of our older players during our stay in the Championship. It would have been a damn sight easier than trying to replace them in the Premier league.

I really hope Eddie does stay but if his heart and head are not in it any more I could understand him wanting a change. It's been a tough season for him and probably his biggest challenge. He made mistakes that cost us but the players (and injuries) cost us more. He looks tired and with such a short break will he get to rest up?

Those that have been speculating on Eddie’s future with our club may get some clues from these paras in the Echo. Especially the last para.

I like they way he uses the word We and not they.

MANAGER Eddie Howe said he would speak with Cherries’ owner Maxim Demin as well as the board of directors regarding the next steps taken by the club following relegation.

The Cherries boss was speaking after his side sealed a 3-1 victory at Everton today – but it proved not enough to keep them in the Premier League.

Aston Villa recorded a point against West Ham with a 1-1 draw at London Stadium, meaning Cherries were relegated having finished 18th in the top-flight table.

Howe told the Daily Echo: “I think the next step for me is to speak to the owner and the board of directors and see where we go from here.

“We need to have a strong vision of the future, so I think that’s the next step.”

Last edited:
I may agree with your sentiments but I am afraid there is no such thing as consolidation in football. You either look to go forward on the pitch or you go backwards. Next season has to be a big push to get back up or we will just drift downwards and then EH will definitely be gone.

I see what you are saying but by 'consolidation' I mean steadying the ship from a downward spiral... Agree in that you have to aim high, and getting straight back up has got to be the goal, but we also have to be realistic about our money situation and where we are headed...

Was it sustainable, long-term, for Max to keep propping us up and us getting more and more in debt with him, to that tune...? So by consolidation, for me it is more a 'at all costs' we don't fight a double relegation... We want an immediate return to the PL via automatic spots or play-offs, but realistically, we would be happy to spend a lot less, look at how we can balance the books and if we finish very comfortably in the middle of the table, we look good both on and off the field and we have another plan in place to sort our sh*t out... Then I'd be happy with that... Would Eddie??? Who knows...

Last edited:
Hope he stays. We’ll have to sell a lot I think, but would be left with a good mix of young and old guard. There isn’t a better manager for us in the championship than Howe.
Going to be tough as the next season starts so soon.

Those that have been speculating on Eddie’s future with our club may get some clues from these paras in the Echo. Especially the last para.

MANAGER Eddie Howe said he would speak with Cherries’ owner Maxim Demin as well as the board of directors regarding the next steps taken by the club following relegation.

The Cherries boss was speaking after his side sealed a 3-1 victory at Everton today – but it proved not enough to keep them in the Premier League.

Aston Villa recorded a point against West Ham with a 1-1 draw at London Stadium, meaning Cherries were relegated having finished 18th in the top-flight table.

Howe told the Daily Echo: “I think the next step for me is to speak to the owner and the board of directors and see where we go from here.

“We need to have a strong vision of the future, so I think that’s the next step.”
I think from that BTK EH has no intention of resigning. Max may have other ideas but I doubt it.

very telling, he's clearly frustrated with the lack of legacy, just like the rest of us, and was prickily when Kris asked him about that post match yesterday

I don't think he'll walk as the majority of the coaching team will be out of work and I cant see him letting that happen, but he does look knackered and could do with a break
either way (and I really want him to stay) someone needs to make a decision in the next couple of days so we can move forward

These next few weeks are time to hit a reset button and decide well and truly where the focus of this club really is... We've been to the PL, done that and bought £600m t-shirts... We know exactly what it's all about and what it will take to move the club forward at that level...

Max knows that for the club to go at it again, he'll need to keep injecting cash into a club that, in it's current state, will never be able to afford repayments... Is he cool with that? Does the PL excite him that much that he's willing to do that...? Or, as I hope, he can now see that the infrastructure of this club must improve now, while we have the chance to do it and begin to act on lessons learned from the past 5 seasons...

Last edited:
very telling, he's clearly frustrated with the lack of legacy, just like the rest of us, and was prickily when Kris asked him about that post match yesterday

I don't think he'll walk as the majority of the coaching team will be out of work and I cant see him letting that happen, but he does look knackered and could do with a break
either way (and I really want him to stay) someone needs to make a decision in the next couple of days so we can move forward

Eddie needs to lessen the burden of... everything... from his shoulders... I'm not saying JT should go, but Eddie could start by employing a top class No.2.

Someone he can trust to take some of his workload and decision making from him... Accept that this 'someone' should also be a person to challenge him on his decisions... For Eddie to progress as a manager, this has got to happen...

I think from that BTK EH has no intention of resigning. Max may have other ideas but I doubt it.

I think and hope it’s the other way around. I don’t think Max would sack him. He knows he’s the goose that laid the golden egg and could, under the right circumstances lay another one.

Right now I’m not sure even Eddie knows what he wants to do though. He's obviously shattered. He looked disillusioned at times, bewildered why the same group of players would one week work and implement the plan and the next, forget everything they’ve worked on.

Relegation could enable us to use a big broom and get shot of the players who have lost their drive with us and we can bring in players with something to aspire towards under a manager who in their eyes has a bit of an aura about him.

I think just watching Eddies interview after the game yesterday tells us everything we need to know. He loves the club and the only way he will leave is if he is sacked. I salute him for taking all the responsibility and not throwing any players under the bus (even though some need to be pointed out) but that's not his and our clubs way. Certainly is no embarrassment to call our selves a Championship club as this league is still very competitive and certainly very hard to get out of as many huge clubs have found out. I agree with 'consolidation' but that doesnt mean we still cant compete. Lots of dead wood in the club that needs to be cleared out and new fresh ideas and energy would hopefully allow Eddie to concentrate on his job in hand. The supporter who want every body sacked can now get back to supporting Man United like they did 5 years ago and this amazing club can continue to punch above their weight.

I suspect no other manager works harder or longer then eddie. Other managers, particularly old-skool types, seem like they do very little in comparison..... yet have achieved success. I think eddie needs to adapt/learn/consider if his style of work & over coaching is actually the right thing for the top level - something needs to change, for his sake & maybe to be a more successful manager. Or maybe he prefers top level coaching.

I think and hope it’s the other way around. I don’t think Max would sack him. He knows he’s the goose that laid the golden egg and could, under the right circumstances lay another one.

Right now I’m not sure even Eddie knows what he wants to do though. He's obviously shattered. He looked disillusioned at times, bewildered why the same group of players would one week work and implement the plan and the next, forget everything they’ve worked on.

Relegation could enable us to use a big broom and get shot of the players who have lost their drive with us and we can bring in players with something to aspire towards under a manager who in their eyes has a bit of an aura about him.

A bit like Mel Machin did, gave the old guard a chance and then brought in young blood from PL teams and we all remember the Shrewsbury game and the ‘Great Escape’.

Only Eddie has good young players at our club, some who have been out on loan gaining experience.

;