Plus ca change

Well, as the saying goes, 'you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig'
Or 'you can polish a turd, but in the end, it's still only a turd' :yawning:

A year ago we enjoyed a 2-2 draw with Chelsea. Just watched the goals on You Tube. All of us in East Stand could see Alonso’s run for the equaliser except Fraser who was dozing, right out of it. He was gone at that stage with a dozen games to play

Probably has a relegation release clause, just see him in the summer. " Aye, I could have played ( and tried ) for them and if I did, I'd have scored a couple. With my assists, I'd have kept them up. " : )

First off, I thought this was a thread about Daft punk breaking up : )

You would think with a European Championship looming for your home nation you would do all you can to be in the squad wouldn’t you??

Am I the only one thinking Callum got off quite lightly? I know people say it was the way we were playing, but he seemed to have suddenly regained his goal-scoring prowess after leaving.[/QUOTE
I commented at the time that i thought he sneaked under the radar because Fraser was stupid enough to open his mouth. You could just see with his efforts to win the ball towards the end of his time at AFCB that he wasn't interested. I'm afraid the England call up didn't help his attitude either

Am I the only one thinking Callum got off quite lightly? I know people say it was the way we were playing, but he seemed to have suddenly regained his goal-scoring prowess after leaving.
I was always of the opinion that the two of them had their minds elsewhere pretty much from the start of last season. It's one thing to say that we gave Cal no service but his body language was lethargic and there was no willingness to bust a gut to reach a ball as there was once before.

I don't know if they had the same agent at the end, but as the season progressed I increasingly got the feeling that they both knew they were set to reunite elsewhere in the summer.

So yes, I think it is possible that Cal was also culpable of not giving his all last season and pretty much got away with it ( if that is indeed what he was doing, hard to prove of course ).

Am I the only one thinking Callum got off quite lightly? I know people say it was the way we were playing, but he seemed to have suddenly regained his goal-scoring prowess after leaving.

I think it’s because he refused to play in the extended season games that upset our fans and by the media reports and other football people/fans and then was reported to have mentioned he might have saved us if he had played. Plus the previous negative news about not trying.

We didn’t get that with Wilson, but agree he was delivering the goals and performances we knew he could.

Maybe a mental thing about moving on , mind not on the game and not wanting to get injured etc.

He had that last season but look how he responded to it.

Maybe he realised his mistake and it doesn’t happy at every club.

His not at our club now and I wouldn’t want him back either.

I don't think so , Fraser is with Jon Mcleish (JM Sport Management) and Wilson with Unique.
Yes, I just recall that Fraser changed agents a couple of times as his contract with us was running down. But probably they'd just both heard of strong interest from NUFC via their respective agents and that's why it always seemed to me as if they were in cahoots towards the end of the season.

Yes, I just recall that Fraser changed agents a couple of times as his contract with us was running down. But probably they'd just both heard of strong interest from NUFC via their respective agents and that's why it always seemed to me as if they were in cahoots towards the end of the season.

You are correct. He went to Paul Martin last summer, I had forgotten that!

;