Positives and negatives v Palace

Of course experienced managers will make mistakes but the opinions of fans aren't even based on full knowledge of the facts let alone a decent understanding of the game.

There's always an assumption that every managerial decision that doesn't work out is due to incompetence, plus of course the people who always know exactly what was required after the event.

Don't get me wrong I think O'Neil is up against it but if anyone seriously thinks that some fan could do better then I think they are deluded.
I don’t think anyone has suggested that unless I’ve missed it. I was more saying that sometimes fans would make a better individual decision on paper because they don’t have that relationship angle. 100% of our fans today would have started Anthony on the left and they would have been correct.

I don’t think anyone has suggested that unless I’ve missed it. I was more saying that sometimes fans would make a better individual decision on paper because they don’t have that relationship angle. 100% of our fans today would have started Anthony on the left and they would have been correct.

Well druss appeared to suggest it but he's since tried to change his point.

I don't disagree in the main but managers don't make individual decisions, they make loads of interconnected decisions. Someone playing somewhere we don't think they should be, or taking corners or whatever could well be due to other factors.

I don't disagree in the main but managers don't make individual decisions, they make loads of interconnected decisions. Someone playing somewhere we don't think they should be, or taking corners or whatever could well be due to other factors.

My point is pretty clear. You like to interpret things how you like and not what the post mean. Read my post again if you are having issues.

I read your last post, it was a different point to when you said that a fan on here could know more than oneill about professional football.

I said a fan of a club could be a better manager and understand what's needed better than a manager of a club could. You don't think you could do a better job sometimes? Sorry but I don't care how good a footballer Jimmy Quinn was I could have done a better job as manager than him. I could pick a better formation and get more out of the current players too. I honestly believe that. Play to our strengths and we can get results.

Anyone who watched the Southampton game and his management of that should question his ability both before and during the match.

On the other boot though managers can play/not play people on a personal bias which pundits, journalists and fans don’t have and a new manager also wouldn’t.

Obviously no fan could manage a football club but equally to say a managers decision will be more correct than a fans opinion is equally wrong. What it will be is more definitive.

I said a fan of a club could be a better manager and understand what's needed better than a manager of a club could. You don't think you could do a better job sometimes? Sorry but I don't care how good a footballer Jimmy Quinn was I could have done a better job as manager than him. I could pick a better formation and get more out of the current players too. I honestly believe that. Play to our strengths and we can get results.

Anyone who watched the Southampton game and his management of that should question his ability both before and during the match.

I get your point, but I think you're seriously underestimating the job as a professional manager if yku genuinely bekieve those views

I get your point, but I think you're seriously underestimating the job as a professional manager if yku genuinely bekieve those views

Playing devils advocate, GON is not the manager, he is the head coach and has others above him making some of the decisions.

Its a bit like looking at abstract art and saying "I could have done that".

Playing devils advocate, GON is not the manager, he is the head coach and has others above him making some of the decisions.

No ones making decisions re the starting lineup surely. Head coach still does, unless its one of those odd ball situations you sometimes hear about, which I doubt is the case here. Hughes sources/makes decisions on players scouts find. Blake does tge negotiating.

Manager/headcoach always selects tge team. If they don't it's am oddball, weird situation.

Its a bit like looking at abstract art and saying "I could have done that".

Yeah, wondering if Druss is drinking for nye celebrations. Can't velieve people think they know better. Of course there are glaring issues that appear obvious to us/outsiders, but I'm sure it's not as simple as people are making out here.

Yeah, wondering if Druss is drinking for nye celebrations. Can't velieve people think they know better. Of course there are glaring issues that appear obvious to us/outsiders, but I'm sure it's not as simple as people are making out here.

I can't believe some on here actually think they couldn't be as good as a Bournemouth manager. Especially with some as bad as we have had.

I can't believe some on here actually think they couldn't be as good as a Bournemouth manager. Especially with some as bad as we have had.

No I most definitely don t think we could, and I'm surprised anyone who's presumably followed the game for over 30 years genuinely believes they could do better than someone who's been a pro footballer for years, worked with top coaches, then been a coach with badges etc.

I fhibk you're seriously underestimating what's involved bringing it all together. We can all pick out some things that could improve, but making it come together v other pro managers is another story.

Like Rob said re art, bit like people claiming tgey coukd do a better as a chef v top level chefs as they can source similar ingredients and follow s cook book.

No I most definitely don t think we could, and I'm surprised anyone who's presumably followed the game for over 30 years genuinely believes they could do better than someone who's been a pro footballer for years, worked with top coaches, then been a coach with badges etc.

I fhibk you're seriously underestimating what's involved bringing it all together. We can all pick out some things that could improve, but making it come together v other pro managers is another story.

Like Rob said re art, bit like people claiming tgey coukd do a better as a chef v top level chefs as they can source similar ingredients and follow s cook book.

Art is in the eye of beholder. I wouldn't tell anyone their art is not as good as others. One man's lead is another man's gold. I don't think the two are comparable.

On the other boot though managers can play/not play people on a personal bias which pundits, journalists and fans don’t have and a new manager also wouldn’t.

Obviously no fan could manage a football club but equally to say a managers decision will be more correct than a fans opinion is equally wrong. What it will be is more definitive.

I certainly never said a manager's decision is automatically correct given his level of experience. Oddly enough Gary O'Neil has outwitted more experienced managers. Just arguing against the ludicrous idea that a fan could do a better job. They might get the odd decision right but they'd be found out very quickly.

Art is in the eye of beholder. I wouldn't tell anyone their art is not as good as others. One man's lead is another man's gold. I don't think the two are comparable.

Yeah yiyre right they're not, but I'm honestly astonished by your stance on this. Mind boggling tbh, lol. Re pro football mgmt.

;