Positives and negatives v Palace

For me the worst tactical blunder was taking Billing off because evidently he wasn't playing well on the left ,which isn't his position anyway.
I'm a big Kieffer Moore fan but it wasn't working for him,so surely hook him off,get Dom up front ,Billing in behind,JA and JZ down the left and Dembele on the right.
At least that would have got round pegs in round holes.

For me the worst tactical blunder was taking Billing off because evidently he wasn't playing well on the left ,which isn't his position anyway.
I'm a big Kieffer Moore fan but it wasn't working for him,so surely hook him off,get Dom up front ,Billing in behind,JA and JZ down the left and Dembele on the right.
At least that would have got round pegs in round holes.
I thought Billing limped off and went straight down the tunnel, presumably injured?

Of course experienced managers will make mistakes but the opinions of fans aren't even based on full knowledge of the facts let alone a decent understanding of the game.

There's always an assumption that every managerial decision that doesn't work out is due to incompetence, plus of course the people who always know exactly what was required after the event.

Don't get me wrong I think O'Neil is up against it but if anyone seriously thinks that some fan could do better then I think they are deluded.
I’d say the fact that we’re even debating whether a fan could do better than O’Neil, means that we’ve got issues. I genuinely feel that the majority on here could have set the team up better than O’Neil did today, simply playing players in their correct positions would have been a huge improvement.

Well I'm a fully paid up rose tinted rosette wearing evangelical but that was shocking today. Shocked because we've had 7 weeks since we came good and both our sides easily beat both Everton teams in 4 days. 7 weeks later, we aren't able to compete, with a Palace team that started the match nearly as devoid of ideas and confidence as we finished it. It's one thing Chelsea not having to get out of 2nd gear to beat us at the 'Bridge, it's another thing Palace not having to do it, to beat us 2-0 at Dean Court.

SEVEN WEEKS, to be worse at defending set pieces and I really didn't like Gary O'Neil putting all the blame on the players He's the chief buckstopper and when it lands with him, he has to own it ( in public at least ) not deflect it at the players.

We've come back after SEVEN WEEKS, disorganised, worse at defending set pieces, all our teeth removed in attack and I'm sure we've more injuries than we did before the world cup.

Football performance wise on the pitch, it looked a Premier League version of us v Barnet.

Positives are, I didn't mind the pre-match Razz-a-Matazz. The times they are a-changin'. I believe Bill and his posse will make this club a bigger, slicker, better run business but it won't happen anytime soon, if he doesn't take notice of what happened on the pitch today. It's the first team that brings the cream to the club.

Another positive is come Tuesday, myself and the Good Lady will be travelling up to Manchester on the Riverside Rocket, looking forward to a 100% better performance. Things can only get better : )

Billing limped off against Chelsea, post match he was limping like you would if you had "a bit of a groin". I was surprised to see him start, to be honest. Noticed he signalled to the bench just before he came off.

Well I'm a fully paid up rose tinted rosette wearing evangelical but that was shocking today. Shocked because we've had 7 weeks since we came good and both our sides easily beat both Everton teams in 4 days. 7 weeks later, we aren't able to compete, with a Palace team that started the match nearly as devoid of ideas and confidence as we finished it. It's one thing Chelsea not having to get out of 2nd gear to beat us at the 'Bridge, it's another thing Palace not having to do it, to beat us 2-0 at Dean Court.

SEVEN WEEKS, to be worse at defending set pieces and I really didn't like Gary O'Neil putting all the blame on the players He's the chief buckstopper and when it lands with him, he has to own it ( in public at least ) not deflect it at the players.

We've come back after SEVEN WEEKS, disorganised, worse at defending set pieces, all our teeth removed in attack and I'm sure we've more injuries than we did before the world cup.

Football performance wise on the pitch, it looked a Premier League version of us v Barnet.

Positives are, I didn't mind the pre-match Razz-a-Matazz. The times they are a-changin'. I believe Bill and his posse will make this club a bigger, slicker, better run business but it won't happen anytime soon, if he doesn't take notice of what happened on the pitch today. It's the first team that brings the cream to the club.

Another positive is come Tuesday, myself and the Good Lady will be travelling up to Manchester on the Riverside Rocket, looking forward to a 100% better performance. Things can only get better : )
I really hope so Table and I wish you and your good lady a safe journey. However, I fear things are going to get worse before they start to get better.
This team have had the last drips of any confidence wrung out of them today.

7 weeks is a good amount of time to coach out of them what they were doing well. :(
I was hoping O’Neil might take a step back towards the pre World Cup after the Chelsea game but he obviously decided he wanted to per-sue what they have been working on, Which is fair enough, but that formation and personnel we kicked off with had me feeling a tad uncomfortable.

I was really looking forward to this match. I had a conflict this morning (start time 9am for me) so I watched it on demand after I got home. I settled in with some chips and a chelada, with high hopes.

What a disaster. I was shocked to learn that AFCB ended up with majority possession, because they produced nothing from it. They looked unready. That's on the manager The EPL TV team had a lot to say about AFCB, all of it bad, and deservedly so. In particular they noted that Cook and Lerma failed to support Solanke and Moore as they needed to. Also on the manager.

Lone positive for me: they put a couple of corner kicks in arguably a dangerous area. That's progress.

This was a tough watch for me on the heels of my unimpressive pistol match. Now I'm hoping TCU will beat Michigan in gridiron football, that will cheer me up. I'm also drinking, that helps.

Oh, one more positive. Bill Foley was there to see it in living color. He'll perceive that the needs are many.

With all the gloom today, AFCB does have an important thing going for us this season: I count at least 6 teams that are going to have trouble staying up. Only 3 can be relegated. We don't have to be all that good to survive. Better than lately, but not good.

"Things can only get better".
I love your positivity.
Surely it can't get any worse: or can it ?

agree Table except for one point - GON said he takes full responsibility for the performance so on him to improve it.can’t give players a complete pardon after so many individual errors today

Well, putting my positive hat on :

We lost to two set piece goals.
If we can improve our defending of set pieces, we would fairly comfortably draw games like today’s.

We have important players out injured and possibly illness throughout the rest of the squad.
That is something we can, and must, address in the transfer window.

There are enough teams as bad or worse than us and we have played significantly better in other tougher games, to give me hope that we will not be in the bottom three come season’s end.
Today was poor but we have been competitive in this league on better days this season. We just need to ensure that today remains our lowest point and that we improve from here on in.

So there you go, a happy new year is still on the cards !
:utc:

;